Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Documentary: "The EcoPirate Paul Watson"

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Documentary: "The EcoPirate Paul Watson"

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Wed 05 Oct 2011, 19:15:16

This weekend I went to see the documentary, 'The eco-pirate- Paul Watson', with my family. My wife and my ten year old daughter were bored silly by the film, but I thought it was very well done and very much worth watching.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTStVKT6d_k
His organization: http://www.seashepherd.org/

Following the life story of Paul Watson, one of the founding members of Greenpeace, in his lifelong quest to save the whales. It starts with his background in the original Greenpeace movement, moving swiftly along to him being expelled from the organization to take up a quest on his own. He founds the Sea-Shepherd society, and promptly sets about sinking and disrupting whaling ships- a task he remains committed to today.

He is presented as a hero of the environmental movement, while at the same time admitting his character flaws, his divorces, his ego. Presented with uncensored video of whales, dolphins, and baby seals being slaughtered, it was disquieting to watch; but you get to admire his heroism in challenging evil. His most impressive statement during the film was made to illegal Japanese whaling vessels in the Antarctic ocean, "We're not protesters, get lost", then he proceeded to sideswipe and ram their ship with a blade sticking out from the side hull of his pirate ship.

The film was presented a comprehensive summary of the achievements of Greenpeace and the Sea-shepherd society. If you get a chance, it’s worth the time to see this!
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Eco-pirate review

Unread postby Narz » Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:53:09

Thanks, I'll check it out.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Narz » Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:53:32

woo-hoo, my post actually worked!
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:55:32

test
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Crazy_Dad » Fri 07 Oct 2011, 04:42:31

I've been a member of Sea Shepherd since 1994. The only people that actually DO SOMETHING.
Had the opportunity to do 2 weeks volunteering on board the Steve Irwin 2 years ago when it was in Fremantle.
Scrubbed, did computer work and helped load stores for the Campaign.

I have seen the doco and enjoyed it also. Check out The Cove also if you are interested in SS stuff.
Crazy_Dad
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Book/Media Reviews