Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The 5th of November

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

The 5th of November

Unread postby DomusAlbion » Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:31:06

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
the Gunpowder Treason and plot.
I see no reason why the Gunpowder Treason
should ever be forgot..

So yesterday was the big day. I thought I might see some news about Anonymous pranks or hackings related to their great revolution, but not a peep. Or how about the “Bank Transfer Day”? Did it achieve anything?

I love the movie "V for Vendetta" and it's in our DVD collection and is always a satisfying viewing. However, selecting a "hero" of a failed terrorist attack, depicted in a comic book and a science-fiction movie is not a good beginning to any political movement that should be based in the reality of our world and its current predicament. But I guess fantasy is really what it is all about with Anonymous. :razz:
"Modern Agriculture is the use of land to convert petroleum into food."
-- Albert Bartlett

"It will be a dark time. But for those who survive, I suspect it will be rather exciting."
-- James Lovelock
DomusAlbion
Expert
Expert

Re: The 5th of November

Unread postby Fishman » Mon 07 Nov 2011, 20:39:04

selecting a "hero" of a failed terrorist attack, depicted in a comic book and a science-fiction movie is not a good beginning to any political movement that should be based in the reality of our world and its current predicament.

But Domus, that's the best they can do. Reality isn't working for them, it doesn't line up with their view of the world, what little they actually do doesn't work, well, except destroy stuff.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The 5th of November

Unread postby Ferretlover » Mon 07 Nov 2011, 21:51:29

We didn't do anything--our masks & outfits didn't arrive in time.... Just teasing!

By the time there is a constant, general upheaval by populations around the world, it will already be way too late. Those who Have will be spending all there time guarding their goodies for the vast multitudes that Have Not.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Return to Open Topic Discussion