Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Negative thoughts....

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Negative thoughts....

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 09:56:36

TPTB have been working on programing us to 'think negative thoughts' for a few decades now. Just look at this 4um - prime example, no?
vision-master

Re: Negative thoughts....

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:21:11

Need not ascribe to the idea of remote powers doing to us, what we easily do to ourselves.

But yeah, its easy to careen down the passage to darkness when you see the anchor ropes start to fray in the storm.

Then again, if the times demand the setting aside of the pen and drawing of the sword, so be it. Embrace the times we are given, not the fantasy that will never be.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:25:21

Need not ascribe to the idea of remote powers doing to us, what we easily do to ourselves.

Television skies?

But yeah, its easy to careen down the passage to darkness when you see the anchor ropes start to fray in the storm.

Then again, if the times demand the setting aside of the pen and drawing of the sword, so be it. Embrace the times we are given, not the fantasy that will never be.

Tell us about the fantasy that will never be?
vision-master

Unread postby Pops » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:14:49

Apocalyptic cults have always existed, we're just the network version.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby DomusAlbion » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:50:37

VM, most of us are plagued by negative thoughts; most some of the time, a few most of the time. But to think that those thoughts are somehow beamed into us or imposed on us by some outside force borders on the paranoid and I would seek outside help if I were thinking along these lines.

Life is hard enough and it's going to get harder, don't let self-defeating thoughts rule you or ruin you. Do something good for yourself or even better for someone else.

All the best. :)
"Modern Agriculture is the use of land to convert petroleum into food."
-- Albert Bartlett

"It will be a dark time. But for those who survive, I suspect it will be rather exciting."
-- James Lovelock
DomusAlbion
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:09:34

VM, most of us are plagued by negative thoughts; most some of the time, a few most of the time. But to think that those thoughts are somehow beamed into us or imposed on us by some outside force borders on the paranoid and I would seek outside help if I were thinking along these lines.

Yuri Bezmenov: Ideological Subversion has Four Stages
I know that intelligence gathering looks more romantic.... That's probably why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond types of films. But in reality the main emphasis of the KGB is NOT in the area of intelligence at all. According to my opinion, and the opinions of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money, and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion, active measures, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is: to change the perception of reality of every American that despite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their country.

It's a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages. The first one being "demoralization". It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of [their] enemy. In other words, Marxism-Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least three generation of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism; American patriotism....

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already for the last 25 years. Actually, it's over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such tremendous success. Most of it is done by Americans to Americans thanks to lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who was demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him, even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents and pictures. ...he will refuse to believe it.... That's the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization.... It only takes 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation. This time what matters is essentials; economy, foreign relations, [and] defense systems. And you can see it quite clearly that in some... sensitive areas such as defense and [the] economy, the influence of Marxist-Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/brainwas ... zmenov.htm
vision-master

Unread postby Novus » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 00:36:02

Most Americans don't even know what Marxism is let alone having come under Marxist influence.

What is demoralized people is the break down of the family unit. This happened in two phases. The first phase was the dismantling of the 3 generation household where the kids, parents, and grandparents used to all lived under one roof. The second phase was the break down of the nuclear family. This often times falsely attributed to failing moral values but it has nothing to do with moral values. Humans are social creatures that are genetically hard wired to seek acceptance within a family type unit. Without that acceptance and close social bonds the mind breaks down into apathy, cynicism, and depression. TPTB whether they are Communists or Capitalists prefer it this way because broken and depressed people are easy to control.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 00:54:44

vision-master wrote:TPTB have been working on programing us to 'think negative thoughts' for a few decades now. Just look at this 4um - prime example, no?

Try zen meditation. No thoughts at all. Just peace, being awake, aware, and present -- without thinking about it.

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AgentR11 » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 01:07:31

Novus, funny I was thinking about that very thing this evening... How many extended families of the 20s are arranged as elder parents retired or near retired out to a luxurized version of a rural household or large midtown estate/homes, with one or two kids leading successful professional lives with professional spouses, who have one or two kids between them. How many of the 80 are structured with elder parents dependent upon SS, their children in broken homes and irregular or hourly positions, with kids they barely can sustain even with public schooling.

Every time I bump into these patterns I'm amazed at the consistency; its practically design intent that the 20s extended family would collapse back and out, welding the productivity of multiple professional adults to the accumulated assets of baby-boom and pre-baby boom elderly adults and empowering and propelling the youngest generation to an initial position vastly superior to their peers. Where as the 80s, crushed by unavoidable expenses and inability for most to make the side-step to power down low-cost low-yield sustainability, are driven relentlessly into the city core, where scaling factors enable them to retain a semblance of a modern lifestyle with community amenities that really aren't all that horrible. The harsh reality is that the 80s are being herded, broken, divorced, permanently indebted into soft submission, an unyielding state lacking any real freedom, but fairly safe from actual starvation or death by exposure... How can such parents then manage to propel their children through professional degrees to regain parity?

How can I not entertain dark thoughts, when everywhere this pattern shows, with its ruthlessness only exceeded by its perfection in design.

Its the birth of an aristocracy that is sustainable for generations through subtle selection against incompetence and sloth.

Its the birth of a permanent peasantry, with virtually no possibility of generational escape except for the spectacularly talented.

And VM, you ask what fantasy? That human society could ever sustainably exist as a benevolent, egalitarian expression of fairness.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 01:13:31

Sixstrings wrote:Try zen meditation. No thoughts at all. Just peace, being awake, aware, and present -- without thinking about it.

Zen marks the path to purity of thought.

There is no thought more pure, more clear, than uncorrupted killing intent.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Anvil » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 01:47:17

Its funny how negative thoughts and speaking are portrayed as cold hearted logical clear head thinking necessary for planning for the future with out as many people or cheap energy for a while at least are negative thoughts according to the mainstream media.

From what i have seen in ms is promoting positive thoughts are completely ignoring reality, bitching and complaining by consumer is also given alot of coverage. Then the ms devote a whole hour time slot in between ads as to why everyone should go on ignoring reality and expect the government to fix everything.

MS always gives fiction over fact. This is why everything on MS and promoted by MS is a lie in a way. Take global warming ms promotion means the concept is automatically false in every way possible. People who actually believe anything MS say are biggest jokes ever i am surprised that some of them dont bust out laughing every time they walk past a mirror or when they are bullshitting to there friends.
Anvil
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Novus » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 06:19:37

Humans biologically have not changed since cave man times. What makes a caveman happy would also make us happy. Safety, Shelter, Food, and Family acceptance. To be exiled from your family unit or tribe would have been a death sentence. The basic rule of the cave man as it existed for millions of year is if you are not accepted then you are nothing. So every fiber of our inner being fears and loathes the state of exile that modern society has foisted upon us. The caveman self can only be made to feel whole again through the social acceptance of the extended family unit.

Advertisers know exactly how to pray upon deep seeded fears and longing if you look at the deeper messages behind the commercials. Drink Coke and you will get that wonderful feeling you can't put a price on. Master Card commercials have made a name for themselves with the "Priceless" punch line. But it is all a big lie in plain sight that drinking coke and using master card will not fill the longing that is buried deep within our caveman selves.

TPTB tell us we are not trying hard enough if we are not happy. You need a high paying job, nice car, large home full of toys, big screen TVs, and a trophy wife and if that doesn't work you need to take drugs and antidepressants. Something is wrong with our society if even successful people need to take antidepressant drugs to function. It is because our society's perception of what happiness is based on lie. It does not matter how hard you try you cannot fill the deep caveman longing for family acceptance with material things.

Even if you look at the richest of the rich billionaires many of them are not satisfied with what they have accomplished. The billionaire with one billion wants two billion and billionaire with ten billion wants twenty billion. But they are not happy at all because underneath all their riches they are still just a miserable cave man in an Armani suit that has never found social acceptance as a person.

There are some good books on this topic by Daniel Quinn if you want to really explore the psychological underpinning of our society.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:14:49

+1 Novus
vision-master

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:20:42

vision-master wrote:

Yuri Bezmenov: Ideological Subversion has Four Stages
[i]I know that intelligence gathering looks more romantic....

Or you can follow the Mein Kampf strategy that Hitler used to make the "good Germans" reject democracy:

Pander to Christians. You can take the rest of the points in any order but this is step #1.
    Blame the Communists
    Censor the arts
    Whine about the "liberal press"
    Claim the country is being ruined by multiculturalism and immigrants
    Tell the public that their nostalgic tribal paradise has been stolen from them
    Blame the liberal members of Parliament (congress)
    Reject "weak" leadership
    Undermine the education system
    Keep telling the public elections are worthless
    Develop a culture of fertility and death, early marriage, high birthrate, make a fetish of the military
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:26:11

Sounds like the USA today?
vision-master

Unread postby AgentR11 » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:31:05

Nah, PS is just obsessed with Naziss!!!!
lol
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:35:19

Preston, where did you come up with that, do I have to read Kampf?
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:40:52

AgentR11 wrote:Nah, PS is just obsessed with Naziss!!!!
lol

FYI: They infiltrated this country after WWII and have been working on the takeover of the USA behind the sceens for a few decades. Fascism is back.

vision-master

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:34:50

vision-master wrote:Sounds like the USA today?

Another point that I found in "They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1933-1945" was the strategy of keeping the population of balance by rushing them from one phony "crisis" to the next.

let's review that one:
WMD! Terrorism alert! Debt limit default! Must change Social Security TODAY because it'll run short on cash in 15 years!
Last edited by PrestonSturges on Thu 10 Nov 2011, 14:03:43, edited 1 time in total.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:38:15

Pops wrote:Preston, where did you come up with that, do I have to read Kampf?

I read it so you don't have to. I pretty much compiled that myself, and that was just short version off the top of my head. I can provide citations to specific pages if you want.

But the 10 to 15 year time frame fits. Once you get a few high achieving sociopaths and paranoids on board, the key is to cultivate the stupidest portion of the population who will embrace propaganda and reject any sort of rational explanation. Hitler said he could take over with support of 10% of the population. Once a large mobilized base is established the anti-democracy forces of big business will pour in the money, and "nice guys" from academia, law enforcement, and the clergy will join enthusiastically.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion