Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

TV: "Breaking Bad" series

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

TV: "Breaking Bad" series

Unread postby Narz » Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:32:12

Nothing to do with peak oil but anyone watch this series? I thought it was awesome & I rarely/almost never get caught up in TV series's.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Breaking Bad

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:54:54

Great show ... in my top 3.
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 03:01:59

One of my favourites cant wait for the final season
I haven't been so addicted to a TV series since Sopranos
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 09:39:53

Only just now starting on season 2 via Netflix - while they and the PO still deliver!

A cool mix of styles.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 09:49:31

Pops wrote:Only just now starting on season 2 via Netflix - while they and the PO still deliver!

A cool mix of styles.

Silly Pops. #1 yes its a great show #2 Pops i'm very certain you'll be enjoy season 6 of Breaking Bad some years from now :) #3 Netflix doesnt' even require deliver, why on earth are you not streaming to your TV??
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:24:44

So I take it you are just looking to get into a fight with me?
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Loki » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:24:00

I watched the first season of Breaking Bad, enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm housesitting at a house with high speed internet and a Netflix account for a few days, maybe have to watch the second season if it's available streaming.

Pops wrote:So I take it you are just looking to get into a fight with me?

Fight, fight, fight!

Are any of your local post offices slated for closing? Luckily my little village PO seems to be OK for now, but one in the village down the highway is on the chopping block.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby The Practician » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 00:26:18

Breaking bad is pretty awesome and all, but season 5 ended weeks ago!

How 'bout that new show Homeland with Claire Danes? It can feel a little propaganda-ish at times, but It's not too heavy handed.
The Practician
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Pops » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 16:32:40

Loki wrote:Are any of your local post offices slated for closing? Luckily my little village PO seems to be OK for now, but one in the village down the highway is on the chopping block.

My local PO is the county seat so maybe OK, several other small ones in the surrounding sticks are going though. But the Springfield sorting center (or whatever they are called) is being closed, so instead of a 40 mile trip, its 300 up and back to KC (I think) so no more 2 day turnaround.

I opted out of the streaming portion of NF, they didn't have much I wanted to watch and my 3g reception just isn't very good to boot.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby steam_cannon » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 16:55:16

Actually I do watch this series, it's a very good show. I don't normally spend time watching any TV shows. But the quality is high enough that I think it's worth watching.

The concept is interesting, well developed characters, good drama, smart dialog and even their marketing ideas are well done. Like bettercallsaul.com which is funny as can be, even the phone number on their joke website works!

Breaking bad? Better call Saul! (505)503-4455
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 12 Dec 2011, 14:16:46

Just finished Season 1 (started due to this thread!). Its a good show. Kind of reminds me of Weeds without the humor and the hot female lead character.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Mon 12 Dec 2011, 14:23:46

Pops wrote:
Loki wrote:Are any of your local post offices slated for closing? Luckily my little village PO seems to be OK for now, but one in the village down the highway is on the chopping block.

My local PO is the county seat so maybe OK, several other small ones in the surrounding sticks are going though. But the Springfield sorting center (or whatever they are called) is being closed, so instead of a 40 mile trip, its 300 up and back to KC (I think) so no more 2 day turnaround.

I opted out of the streaming portion of NF, they didn't have much I wanted to watch and my 3g reception just isn't very good to boot.

Streaming is so much better pops, and they do have breaking bad on there, and you don't have to use 1g of petrol to watch movies/tv shows. :)
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Mon 12 Dec 2011, 18:11:43

I used to have a dedicated wireless connection that was pretty fast but it was a little independent outfit that put their masts up on hilltops and they went down every time there was a t-storm or an ice storm and they wouldn't be fixed for days. When 4g gets out here I might upgrade my setup...
Pops
Elite
Elite

Return to Book/Media Reviews