Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Joe Bageant is Dead

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Joe Bageant is Dead

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 15:54:57

When I tried to contact Joe about a book my sister wrote that has just been published and is out on Amazon, I got an e-mail back telling me Joe had died last spring.

If you are unfamiliar with him, I have a link here to some essays he sent to my blog.

http://cid-yama.livejournal.com/tag/joe%20bageant

As I understand, he is somewhat famous in certain circles, though I had not heard of him before I met him.

He will be sorely missed.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Joe Bageant is Dead

Unread postby midnight-gamer » Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:28:44

I'm sorry for your loss. It's tough losing people you care about.
"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet.
midnight-gamer
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 00:06:04

I'm a big fan just from his web columns. I've seen interviews of his on youtube, I never actually got around to his books but.. sounds like he's done the best of anyone out there at explaining the South and its politics. The man was wickedly smart and a hell of a writer.

I remember he had one column that said he was sick, and then it wasn't long after that I saw he'd passed. Very sad. Sucks.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby scas » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 00:13:41

Just read his writings on your site. Very insightful...we need public podiums for people like him to stand on and speak..
scas
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 07:36:16

Cid_Yama wrote:When I tried to contact Joe about a book my sister wrote that has just been published and is out on Amazon, I got an e-mail back telling me Joe had died last spring.

If you are unfamiliar with him, I have a link here to some essays he sent to my blog.

http://cid-yama.livejournal.com/tag/joe%20bageant

As I understand, he is somewhat famous in certain circles, though I had not heard of him before I met him.

He will be sorely missed.

He sent it to your blog? Wow. I see it published on hundreds of blogs though ( great article )
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:01:27

I loved his book Deer Hunting with Jesus. His Rainbow Pie is excellent also. He was one of my favorite writers. I'm glad he got to say what he had to say at least.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion