Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Any Artists Here?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Any Artists Here?

Unread postby Narz » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 01:36:23

Hi Peakoilers, posters & lurkers alike. I was wondering if any of you are artistic at all. Let me share my idea.
So this February there is a large Team chess tournament. Four players competing against other teams for various prizes. The prizes are not large & the even is more relaxed & fun than other more serious individual events.

Anyway, I'd like to name my name "The Post Apocalyptic Survivors" and would like to print some T-shirts to go with the team name.
I was thinking of a dilapidated formerly urban landscape, perhaps like Detroit. In the background is a shack & a small vegetable garden with a person (man or woman doesn't matter) tending to it. Maybe an older child pushing a wheelbarrow, some bicycles leaning against the wall, a couple of shotguns or similar firearms & perhaps a shed with a broken door hanging open with various more tools. Doesn't need to be super specific or detailed. I want to convey the feeling/theme more than dwell on specifics. In the foreground is two men (was going to do a guy & a woman as I was planning to have two women on my team to go for a "mixed doubles" prize but my one friend couldn't make it so I've decided just to put together myself & three other guys from my local club) playing chess with beat up pieces on an old plastic or wood table. I figure they could be sitting on old milk crates or something.
Like I said, it's just for a T-Shirt so it doesn't have to be ultra polished or detailed.

Thought the crew here might be somewhat interested given the theme. :)

Cheers,
Narz
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Any Artists Here?

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:00:23

If you want a glass vase made, or a didgeridoo, or a nice wooden boat, I could help, but 2D isn't my thing. May I suggest looking at a product called 'transfer paper'. You can photocopy/ laser print any image you like onto it then it works as an iron on transfer. Usually a 10 pack goes for about $10. The ironing part is a bit tricky, works best with a set temperature press iron, but can be done by hand with a bit of practice.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Re: Any Artists Here?

Unread postby Narz » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:29:25

Thanks, I'll look into that if I find an artist.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion