Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

They are lying to you now....

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

They are lying to you now....

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 16:02:39

vision-master

Re: They are lying to you now....

Unread postby Fishman » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 16:49:07

Vision, do you ever even read what you post?
(Iran has been fully verified by the IAEA and ALL the U.S. intelligence community agree and are on record that Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons), despite talk that Iran is intolerant, despite the daily barrage of bad press and unpleasant innuendo, Iran is a great country, friendly, cultured, fun and spiritually-minded!

IAEA states that Iran has increased its concentration of uranium to 20%, you don't need anything over about 5- 10 % for a reactor.

Iran is a great country, friendly, cultured, fun and spiritually-minded!

Evidence of the above from Iran, killing gays, stoning women who have sex outside Shia guidelines, oh and the last "spiritully minded" only if you agree with us, otherwise we kill you
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 17:12:35

I think we should fly over Iran and drop DVDs of "Two Girls, One Cup" on them to traumatize them.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby MD » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 17:39:37

Fishman wrote:... otherwise we kill you

Somebody has been watching Jeff Dunham.

:->
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Windmills » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:10:38

Fishman wrote:Evidence of the above from Iran, killing gays, stoning women who have sex outside Shia guidelines, oh and the last "spiritully minded" only if you agree with us, otherwise we kill you

I find it amusing that the above statement is the Republican vision for America. Killing gays, stoning women who have sex outside the "sacred" institution of marriage, and "spiritually minded" only if you agree with their perverted version of Christianity, otherwise they talk about killing you. One of my Republican friends from high school said he's ready for things to come down to a civil war so that he can "purge" the USA of everyone that doesn't agree with his viewpoints. My father, also a Republican, talks about brutal, savage, and disprortionate punishments for criminals of any kind, which is quite reminiscent of Sharia law.

So pots and kettles should be careful about calling one another black. The only reason we're even more like Iran is because there's still allowed to be more than one political party here.
Windmills
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ColossalContrarian » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:56:25

I was thinking more like

They are lying too, you know?
ColossalContrarian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 21:48:47

ColossalContrarian wrote:I was thinking more like

Christian fundamentalist, Islamic fundamentalists, they all seem to be vicious and aggressive. Its too bad someone can't unleash a plague that kills fundies from ALL religions. If I had something like that and turned it loose I'd sleep very soundly. I'd rather get them before they get me... they are like zombies who attack anyone not like them.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 22:47:06

rangerone314 wrote:I think we should fly over Iran and drop DVDs of "Two Girls, One Cup" on them to traumatize them.

That's right, we hijack their television networks and run a live feed of http://www.4chan.org so they can see tub girl, lemon party, and goatsie.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 22:52:54

rangerone314 wrote:
ColossalContrarian wrote:I was thinking more like

Christian fundamentalist, Islamic fundamentalists, they all seem to be vicious and aggressive. Its too bad someone can't unleash a plague that kills fundies from ALL religions. If I had something like that and turned it loose I'd sleep very soundly. I'd rather get them before they get me... they are like zombies who attack anyone not like them.

Most of the trouble in the world has been caused by folks who can’t mind their own business, because they have no business of their own to mind, any more than a smallpox virus has. Now your virus is an obligate cellular parasite and my contention is that evil is quite literally a virus parasite occupying a certain brain area which we may term the “right” center.
The mark of a basic shit is that he has to be right. And right here we must make a distinction between the hard-core virus-occupied shit and a plain, ordinary, mean no-good son of a bitch. Some of these sons of bitches don’t cause any trouble at all, just want to be left alone and are only dangerous when molested, like the Brown Recluse.
-WS Burroughs The Adding Machine

Butrroughs goes on to say that religion provides the hosts for the right virus, but maybe we can develop a virus that will counterattack, so the person who thinks they are right, right, right will die.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby JohnRM » Sat 14 Jan 2012, 19:26:26

I agree that Iran is not our enemy. If I were president, I would immediately ask for a meeting with a high-level representative of the Iranian government to express my wish to open diplomatic relations, expressing my regret and apology for our country meddling in the internal affairs of Iran and my wish to establish diplomatic relations with a blank slate for both parties. I would still express concern about their nuclear program and work toward verification of Iran's claims of its peaceful intent. But, there is no reason to be a hard-ass about it. Ultimately, this is not a uniquely American problem. This is a global issue. However, I am not willing to go to war over it. As long as Pakistan has nuclear weapons, a nuclear-armed Iran does not bother me quite so much.
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -- Thomas Paine
JohnRM
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 14 Jan 2012, 19:50:25

JohnRM wrote:I agree that Iran is not our enemy. If I were president, I would immediately ask for a meeting with a high-level representative of the Iranian government to express my wish to open diplomatic relations, expressing my regret and apology for our country meddling in the internal affairs of Iran and my wish to establish diplomatic relations with a blank slate for both parties. I would still express concern about their nuclear program and work toward verification of Iran's claims of its peaceful intent. But, there is no reason to be a hard-ass about it. Ultimately, this is not a uniquely American problem. This is a global issue. However, I am not willing to go to war over it. As long as Pakistan has nuclear weapons, a nuclear-armed Iran does not bother me quite so much.

Nice sentiment and I wish it were possible but I am convinced that we will dither about until they get a working nuke with a working delivery system. The day after that they will either start blackmailing the western world or go straight to incinerating Tel Aviv. The escalation from that point leaves most of the cities in the middle east as smoking holes that glow in the dark and the western world short enough on oil to insure that billions die.
These people are not smart enough to avoid their own extermination and they will destroy much of what remains of the planets ecosystem on their way out.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby JohnRM » Sat 14 Jan 2012, 22:22:27

The Iranian people are not mindless drones. They are not suicidal. I have my doubts about some of their leaders, but I do not believe that the vast majority of them would be willing to follow that kind of insane leadership to the grave. The Allies would respond by glassing Iran. Do not underestimate how much power the military holds, in Iran. There are various power-brokers within the Iranian regime, with the Ayatollah and the military sharing a lot of power. The rest of the government is marginalized. So, there are a lot of players that would need to agree to this suicidal line of thought.
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -- Thomas Paine
JohnRM
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 14 Jan 2012, 22:54:26

While calling out to the sanity and cultural sophistication of the Iranian population may feel satisfying; the chain of command involved in shutting the Strait, or launching a nuclear weapon against Israel are not bound by the pleas of those people. If those in charge issue the orders, they will be carried out without hesitation.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 02:36:11

and the same could be said of Israel and the US
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 03:06:17

vtsnowedin wrote:
JohnRM wrote:I agree that Iran is not our enemy. If I were president, I would immediately ask for a meeting with a high-level representative of the Iranian government to express my wish to open diplomatic relations, expressing my regret and apology for our country meddling in the internal affairs of Iran and my wish to establish diplomatic relations with a blank slate for both parties. I would still express concern about their nuclear program and work toward verification of Iran's claims of its peaceful intent. But, there is no reason to be a hard-ass about it. Ultimately, this is not a uniquely American problem. This is a global issue. However, I am not willing to go to war over it. As long as Pakistan has nuclear weapons, a nuclear-armed Iran does not bother me quite so much.

Nice sentiment and I wish it were possible but I am convinced that we will dither about until they get a working nuke with a working delivery system. The day after that they will either start blackmailing the western world or go straight to incinerating Tel Aviv. The escalation from that point leaves most of the cities in the middle east as smoking holes that glow in the dark and the western world short enough on oil to insure that billions die.
These people are not smart enough to avoid their own extermination and they will destroy much of what remains of the planets ecosystem on their way out.

I'm so happy we Americans can read minds, and know what everybody else is going to do even before they do it. This prescience obviously gives us a right to invade and start wars with other countries preemptively. After all being prescient and all, by virtue of being Americans, gives us the right to act in anyway we want (all for the good of mankind of course).

Oh wait, I just had a premonition, vts is going to kill someone. We should execute him before he really kills someone, we know he is going to do it. Better him than me. <Disgust mode off>

The topic is true, they are lying to us. We just have to figure out who "They" really is. Could it be us?
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 03:30:31

If only they loved Israel and lets the West exploit their oil, they would be our friend just like the Saudis.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 08:50:25

oops dupe
Last edited by SeaGypsy on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 08:55:10, edited 1 time in total.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 08:53:52

careinke wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

I'm so happy we Americans can read minds, and know what everybody else is going to do even before they do it. This prescience obviously gives us a right to invade and start wars with other countries preemptively. After all being prescient and all, by virtue of being Americans, gives us the right to act in anyway we want (all for the good of mankind of course).

Oh wait, I just had a premonition, vts is going to kill someone. We should execute him before he really kills someone, we know he is going to do it. Better him than me. <Disgust mode off>

The topic is true, they are lying to us. We just have to figure out who "They" really is. Could it be us?

They is them following the Prophets. Prophesy is a crime punishable by death if wrong, rewarded with power if right. If you are right 3 times you are God. Haven't you guys read the old testament?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 08:56:47

Fishman wrote:IAEA states that Iran has increased its concentration of uranium to 20%, you don't need anything over about 5- 10 % for a reactor.

For high flux research reactor you do...
Evidence of the above from Iran, killing gays, stoning women who have sex outside Shia guidelines, oh and the last "spiritully minded" only if you agree with us, otherwise we kill you

Bad as it is, it remains their internal affair...

Btw,
Saudis are doing the same and we don't complain...
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:01:33

What we have is a boys club from the same school all vying to either be or align themselves with the 'foretold One'; kind of like Lord of The Rings, except real-er.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion