Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Its Halftime in America! (WARNING: TV talk!)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Its Halftime in America! (WARNING: TV talk!)

Unread postby Pops » Tue 07 Feb 2012, 19:26:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFAiqxm1FDA

I thought it was a great ad for Chrysler's Imported from Detroit champaign. - not sure if he's talking about Italy of the US tho LOL (Fiat owns a majority of Chrysler)

Great thread and comment here, (not only TV talk but it's The Atlantic so a bunch of liberals, probably from MA. no less):

When Republicans line up against Clint Eastwood and cars, one has to ask, "What could they possibly be for?" Child labor? Charters for blah people? Midnight Basketball?

Plummeting_Sloath wrote:Ya know, it was a funny joke a few years back. We'd all sit back and laugh and think "Man, I bet you make Republicans hate on their own ideas if you said Democrats liked them". It was the funny, Morning Radio DJ humor that gave you self indulgent titter and you moved right along. Then they voted against their own budget... and the Heritage foundation unsubtly painted over their fingerprints on the health care reform... and then two of leading candidates for President had to disown large parts of their previously orthodox legislation... and now Clint Eastwood talking about how awesome pulling together and American manufacturing is a liberal plot.

The Chevy Armageddon ad that bashed Fords cracked me up too... With soundtrack by Barry Manlow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFYYP8040A
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: Its Halftime in America! (WARNING: TV talk!)

Unread postby Loki » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 00:04:47

Pops, don't you read the Archdruid? TV is eeeeevil!

It was a good game, though, first NFL game I've seen in years. Watched it with a bunch of organic farmers, a few comments on the Eastwood commercial, all negative. What, he doesn't have enough money, needs to do commercials? That sort of thing. I wasn't paying attention to the commercial myself.

Also missed the Chevy commercial, must have been gorging myself on the lavish potluck spread.

Madonna's half time thing was an embarrassing display, I thought, but the women in the room were in awe over "how young she looked." I kept my mouth shut, never a bad idea :wink:
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 09:10:10

I'm evil - I was partner in a little ad agency and made local TV spots once upon a time (only car dealers tho, no car makers LOL). I dig watching the new spots as much as the game. Pop Culture man!

You're right about Madonna - but I thought projecting video onto the field was cool.

Just another monkey looking at the pretty lights... ;^)
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:45:01

How bizarre! "They will HEAR (snarl growl evil 'make my (Fiat's) day) OUR ROAR! Gave me the heebie geebies.

This is fricken wack! Stunning! TEOTW in 2012 as a marketing strategy for SUV's!!! Wow. I wonder where these guys drive after their twinkies?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 13 Feb 2012, 08:54:51

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion