Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

So Australia needs its own Fox News.

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

So Australia needs its own Fox News.

Unread postby dorlomin » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:04:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2kMAfJ ... r_embedded

It has a Fox channel but apparently these folk are planning something a bit more like Americas.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: So Australia needs its own Fox News.

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 16:02:25

Australia is not right-wing enough to justify it. Murdoch realized long ago that America was ripe for it and pounced. Soon he'll be dead and his Faux News organization will come crumbling down under an avalanche of criminal investigations.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 17:55:00

While his son buys into Channel 10 and feeds us Andrew Bolts garbage.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ColossalContrarian » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 18:52:39

Serial_Worrier wrote:Australia is not right-wing enough to justify it. Murdoch realized long ago that America was ripe for it and pounced. Soon he'll be dead and his Faux News organization will come crumbling down under an avalanche of criminal investigations.

I hope this happens. Fox makes conservatives seem stupid and I hate correcting my grandparents over the stupid sh!t they hear on Fox.

Some people don't know any better and believe that BS.
ColossalContrarian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 20:34:36

Our illusory democracy is only slightly less fake than the USA's. Our left/ right media commentary is equally a joke. SBS is the only significant media presenting factual information about the key parts of the economics equations and resource depletion/ it attracts about 6% of the population. Our left and right branches of government are even closer than the replublicrats. Lib-lab, both garbage talkers, bank driven. Neither side has the guts to take hard policy decisions and stick to them.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby kiwichick » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:04:16

hi seagypsy

true but the greens aren't telling the truth either

although they are closer to reality than the rest
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 08 Feb 2012, 22:42:28

If it were up to the greens, anyone with a canoe able to get here and a scrap of ID would be given a work visa within weeks. All those 'genuine refugees' who somehow manage to scratch up average $10,000 each and travel through at least one other country en-route; sure they are all genuine. The greens are stupid on this. There is a fair place for refugees in this country, the front of the line being with the UN list, which I believe has many thousands who have waited more than a decade after being officially recognized. I spend a lot of time in Asia. Believe me when I say we do need strong border control.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dorlomin » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 05:48:07

SeaGypsy wrote:Our illusory democracy
Gough Whitlam
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Fishman » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:14:02

Poor libs, watching your liberal dreams all go up in smoke. I guess you need something like MSNBC (which almost no one else watches) to prevent mass liberal suicide.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:48:30

Dim witted stooges only see left and right....... :lol:
vision-master

Unread postby dorlomin » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 15:08:39

Fishman wrote:Poor libs, watching your liberal dreams all go up in smoke. I guess you need something like MSNBC (which almost no one else watches) to prevent mass liberal suicide.
Deary me; the right wing part in Australia is the Liberal Party. But dont let the fact you dont even know the names of Australias main political parties stop you from your cookie cutter responses.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Fishman » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 17:37:07

Dor, note the small l vs the capital L. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" Sorry your language skills are so poor.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dorlomin » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 17:50:38

Fishman wrote:Dor, note the small l vs the capital L. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" Sorry your language skills are so poor.
Weak :-D

But on the bright side now you know something about somewhere that is not the USA.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 18:58:26

Just to give our American friends a glimpse of Australian Government strategy in action/ I will use the example of "Closing the Gap" a current health/ social policy directive following on from "The Emergency Intervention for the Protection of Children in Remote Communities in the Northern Territory" (launched by the previous Liberal [right] Government of John Howard as a smokescreen for the Labour Government of the Northern Territory to do Australia's biggest ever land and resource grab from the Indigenous tribes since invasion.

As it turns out neither government has had the guts to implement the most simple, obvious policy objectives which would work, even when recommended by their own advisory committees.

Closing the Gap, has achieved nothing of the sort after $2,000,000,000 allocated funding. These people are still jailed or dead or chronically ill at the same appalling rates and ages they were before the Intervention.

Each community has a junk food store which can accept cash or 'nominated 'Basics' cards issued to 50% of the value of the never ending welfare payments available.

The supermarket/ community stores program/ which could easily have been achieved for free simply by Heads of Agreement with private enterprise, has cost close to 70 million dollars. To set up 61 Community stores to serve about 70,000 people. Tax dollars.

Not 1 family has lost welfare payments for not sending their kids to school. This under both administrations perpetually blathering on in the MSM about how they were just about to do it. Kids are better at burglary by 7 years old than they are at recognizing their own name written in front of them.

Soup kitchens as a reliable feed for the kids are a no no because they compete with existing business. 5% attendance at school is what happens because nobody gives a hoot. There is no point getting a job anyway, unless you love what you do, the money just gets eaten up the day you get home anyway.

New houses going up in these communities will bring average occupancy down from 16 to 8 for 2 years; it will take 5 for the young girls to double the population back to the same situation. The Churches lobbied both regime's to not implant teenage girls with contraceptive chips even if the parents begged their doctors for it/ even when it had been proven to work on the communities radical enough to try it. Nope, we can't admit kids are rooting in the bushes before they are 16!

Although I have drawn my wages from funds for these programs, I have zero confidence in either administration's ability to pull off real reform. It's all about big vested interests petty colonial aristocracy.

I could blather on myself for weeks like this, I use this example because it's close to home.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:15:41

ColossalContrarian wrote:
Serial_Worrier wrote:Australia is not right-wing enough to justify it. Murdoch realized long ago that America was ripe for it and pounced. Soon he'll be dead and his Faux News organization will come crumbling down under an avalanche of criminal investigations.

I hope this happens. Fox makes conservatives seem stupid and I hate correcting my grandparents over the stupid sh!t they hear on Fox.

Some people don't know any better and believe that BS.

Isn't it wonderful that the good and pure folks on MSNBC would NEVER lie or distort or serve some liberal agenda while reporting the "news" (and selling SOAP). :roll:

I'm not sure which is worse. Organizations like FOX News and MSNBC, or the pundits from either side who act like ONLY "the other guys" are spouting BS.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:33:30

Andrew Bolt gets an unfair rap. He's actually a decent bloke besides being what passes for right wing in Australia.

(BTW please don't use American party names on threads about Australia/ it's already been made clear. We have a duopoly with the Liberal Party (Remember the dweeb with the glasses best mates with Bush2?) and we have the AL (Labour)P. The ALP is Unions. The Liberal party is business. Supposedly. (Ha)

Nobody here is seriously suggesting we scrap Universal medicare.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:21:32

Andrew Bolt is a nasty troll.
and a very power full tool of the BAU crowd.
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 09 Feb 2012, 21:53:24

Only by Australian standards. By most places he is just off moderate right. Seriously. He's fairly rational most of the time, he's not a hard core racist by any stretch. BAU has enough momentum to generate Andrew Bolts in untold quantities. He is basically speaking for the $120Kpa+ crowd. I don't really see why they aren't entitled to a voice.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 10 Feb 2012, 18:57:02

The key is "for" not "to"
If he was speaking "to" the $120 K plus crowd he would be writing articles in the Financial review,he is speaking "to" the 99% 'for' the $120K+ crowd that's why he is in the little paper and that's probably why I find him most offensive.

I've watched him on the ABC when he has a credible opposing voice he looks like a fool 90% of the time. (part of the reason he was poached to 10 to be by himself by their new right wing owners)
Un restricted by opposing views or criticism he can troll like a boss.

He is the modern resurrection of BA Santamaria
Here is an interesting Article for the US or even Australians who dont know the history of Australian Politics and its push to the right at the hands of the CIA.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 56466.html
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 10 Feb 2012, 19:13:05

I'm stoked he's as 'bad' as they are game to put up mate, really.
I agree his intellect leaves gaping holes all over the show and it was more fun watching him made a dick of on the ABC. However I don't mind watching his interviews on his new show, for spin appreciation value.
While you are here plugging how extreme his views are, perhaps a quote or 2 might be in order? I haven't heard him go much past John Howard, who despite being not the nicest PM ever, wasn't exactly a Nazi in his 9 years.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion