Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Counting the cost

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Counting the cost

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:18:00

I was watching Al Jazerra news this morning and I saw this program, 'Counting the cost', broadcasting from Doha, Qatar with a seeming bizarre news program:

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/cou ... 67714.html

It talked about exploiting Greenland's mineral and oil resources as the positive effects of global warming increase access to the resources beneath the ice cap. It spoke of the virtues of living in a Guatamala garbage dump and the riches to be gleaned from scavenging silver and gold there. Then finally went on to discuss the newest smart TV, ranting on about this new 'smart' technology while the TV in the background was showing news story after news story of floods, snow disasters, ect, occcuring all over the world.

Denial at it's best!
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Counting the cost

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sat 11 Feb 2012, 13:13:06

Repent wrote:I was watching Al Jazerra news this morning and I saw this program, 'Counting the cost', broadcasting from Doha, Qatar with a seeming bizarre news program:

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/cou ... 67714.html

It talked about exploiting Greenland's mineral and oil resources as the positive effects of global warming increase access to the resources beneath the ice cap. It spoke of the virtues of living in a Guatamala garbage dump and the riches to be gleaned from scavenging silver and gold there. Then finally went on to discuss the newest smart TV, ranting on about this new 'smart' technology while the TV in the background was showing news story after news story of floods, snow disasters, ect, occcuring all over the world.

Denial at it's best!

I didn't think sarcasm or irony was a part of Arab culture.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion