Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Five years here

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Five years here

Unread postby smiley » Mon 30 May 2011, 18:04:11

@pops @ patience

See here the power of deception. Might seem that we're not preparing.

In reality were letting you do all the prep work, while we are accumulating the resources to fund our private goon squads to kick you out of your post apocalyptic rural hideouts when the time comes. :twisted:

Just browsing these forums to see what we're up against.
smiley
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Five Years at PO.com

Unread postby lowem » Sat 04 Jun 2011, 04:57:10

Pops wrote:When the oil price went north (and the economy went south) I think it scared the begeebus out of 'em. We thought there would be this huge surge in traffic but just the opposite happened, even including the staff - go figure.

Same thing happened to some of the gold investing forums out there, local ones over here in Singapore. As the price went up, the level of participation went right down. Didn't quite make sense actually, unlike the period before 2008 when interest peaked as prices went up.

Apparently not even record prices (in gold), and $100 oil were enough to get interest back. Perhaps it was the psychological impact of 2008. Perhaps we're headed for yet another crash. I don't know.

There *is* some interest picking up, however, out there in the real world. I just talked to some of my colleagues, once again, regarding investing in commodities. There hadn't been that much interest since ... yeah, that's right, 2008 :)
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Re: Five Years at PO.com

Unread postby jdmartin » Tue 07 Jun 2011, 13:50:58

Let's see, bump for my date..

EDIT: Ok, so I've been on here 6 years. Not too many posts for 6 years. I do a lot of listening around here :razz: . Actually, if you counted my lurking time, I'd be here almost 7 years because I was lurking for 7 or 8 months before I went ahead and signed up for an account.

I think the post about moving to prep stage is spot on - I believe I post less (if that's possible :lol: ) because I spend a lot more time working a garden, learning to can and dry, becoming more self-sufficient. That all takes a lot of time, and cuts down on the amount of speculative adventure I can engage in on the board.

Nevertheless, I continue to post here and there and I still learn lots of stuff from (most) everyone here, especially on this planning forum.
After fueling up their cars, Twyman says they bowed their heads and asked God for cheaper gas.There was no immediate answer, but he says other motorists joined in and the service station owner didn't run them off.
jdmartin
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion