Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dec 21 2012 - is it really happening?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Dec 21 2012 - is it really happening?

Unread postby bochen280 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 11:54:34

You know sometimes truth and reality really are stranger than fiction, or the saying goes. For example, no one except perhaps TBTP and a select few "in the know" knew about or had any foreknowledge of "blackswan" events such as Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and I'm sure WWIII &/ TEOTWAWKI is no exception. These megaevents don't exactly follow any kind of trend, rhyme or reason... (actually there is always an underlying reason or reasons... but the exact date and how its done the general public really have no idea and no way of 'predicting'...)

So having said the obvious, I'm still left wondering some things.... Iran is the nexus of the petrodollar struggle for existence and the greatest remaining contention between the West and the East. Make no mistake, this is really about US, Great Britain and Israel vs BRIC + OPEC.... and well its REALLY about the fact that we have globally peaked (in everything basically) and now the strife and geopolitical tension and resource wars are going to invariably and inevitably blow up in full force.....

And somehow I doubt it is going to happen "gradually" on some kind of schedule.... This is why I believe the only realistic option the West has, and since in events like these there are always so much that is variable (even TBTP doesn't have magic ball!) when and if the US/Mossad do intent to strike Iran, they KNOW it will not be a limited "engagement" like Iraq, Afghanistan or even the Libya, Syria, etc....

Which is why I do believe, given the timing of the demise of the petrodollar system if the US does not do anything drastic to save it, and given that Iran does indeed seem bent on acquiring nuclear weapons as quickly as possible (and who can really blame them???) and given the precarious nature and situation of the "China problem" and the intricate balance of this all hanging on a string or precipitous that can go wrong any minute.... there is no other option but:

*Another Western False-Flag operation on a massive scale never been seen or imagined... this will probably make the last major one (which happened circa a decade or so ago) seem like a walk in the park in relative comparison...

*This will lead to and/or be the pretext for a third world war.... and this one will not be fought via conventional means with conventional wars. We are looking at global thermonuclear warfare, biological warfare, informational and cyber warfare.... There is Stuxnet and then there is that OTHER virus that will damage more than just seimens equipment... the grid, internets etc will go down even before "peak oil" does us in.... and of course, if such a situation ever comes to bear the US will attempt to do a successful first strike... knowing that realistically that is impossible.... but calculating that whatever "collateral damage" will have been worth it in the long run after it is all said and done...

*Translation: no matter which team or side you think you are on, no matter where you live or how you live, unless you are one of the select few lucky TPTB, this shit is going to get really bad really soon and when it does it will all go down really quick in a cascading chain reaction domino supernova style...

We are not going to have the "slow crash" or "gradual decline" from grace... TPTB is BAU for as long as possible, then abrupt 180 and bait and switch... but it is the not knowing on what day, what hour what minute this will all go down... the sheer anticipation of it all that is the most alarming....

What do you guys think?
http://www.defcondeterrence.com/
bochen280
Permanently Banned

Re: Dec 21 2012 - is it really happening?

Unread postby radon » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 17:16:57

pstarr wrote:Yes. Dec. 21 2012 will happen.
This is what is called a professional forecast. If it happens - then your forecast will be proven to be correct. If it doesn't happen - then no one will know this anyway. Invincible position.
radon

Unread postby FairMaiden » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 18:39:57

I just tried to research dubunking of the galactic alignment that is suppose to happen on winter solstic this year. All I found were comments like, "it's only significant to earth"...hmm...okay, that seems like a really stupid way to tell it's not important! In the process that website also infected my computer with a trojan.

If you care at all about astrology then I guess it is a pretty big deal.

I just stumbled across a very long documentary on you tube called "secrets in plain sight"...which basically proves to me that all the powerful elite in the West follow the Egyptian ancient sun worshipping (aligning buildings to the sun as Egypt did with their pyramids). Seems to me that power elites have gone to all LOT of trouble to do this so there must be something more than coicedence going on.

But I don't buy the myth that the world is ending. Personally my guess would be that we are officially entering the age of aquarius and TPTB want to stay as the "powers" in this new age by utilizing some energy/cycle/thing to their advantage...but I'm PURELY guessing!!
FairMaiden
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dsula » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 18:49:16

PO.com gets weirder by the day. First e-cat, now this?
dsula
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 20:18:39

Wasn't weird 3 years ago, was about 50/50.
The reason it's not going to happen (USA blows up the world to save itself) is that it's totally obvious that it wouldn't work. Sure there would be people thinking like this, Israel has to be getting ever more nervous with it's big staunch brother losing the reigns and will consider probably anything which might prolong it's own existence/ a lot more difficult once no longer the proxy thereof. On the other hand, the US despite the rhetoric, knows it can't afford more war, now or for the foreseeable future. There must be an almighty argument going on in the backrooms of power, with the Israel lobby versus everyone else.

There is a tendency to frame projections of the US' future in Cold War terms of reference. However things have changed more than a bit. The US is trade dependent on it's proposed enemies, especially when they start forming their own massive trade blocks, dependence will quickly grow. Petrodollar/ reserve status has been a giant cash cow for most of a century, it's end is going to be painful, but is nonetheless inevitable.

The death of US trade dominance ultimately equals the end of it's geo-political dominance. You can have the biggest military for ever if that's what you want, but what is the use of it, when everyone you might attack is either an intimate or an acquaintance of one?

OPEC has been making open noises about killing the petro-dollar by 2020, since at least 2 years now. Each QE the US performs brings this closer. An attack of the kind proposed in the OP would bring it on overnight. Weren't the zionists saying a few months back it was inevitable that by May there would be a joint strike against Iran?
What has happened? More important matters have come up.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Beery1 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 21:05:37

The only way Dec 21 2012 could be a big day in terms of some kind of disaster is if there are enough nutcases who believe in that nonsense, and their activities on that day remove enough money from the global economy that it causes another Wall Street crash.
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 21:39:40

I can guarantee you that the end of the world will happen on 12/21/12 . For a good 200 000 people or so, at the very least.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dinopello » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 22:26:09

It's not the end, but a new beginning.

But, that is what scares people most.

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 22:39:13

dinopello wrote:It's not the end, but a new beginning.

But, that is what scares people most.

For the 200 000, it will be the end.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 23:00:34

Well, it will be a big day for me... because the 21st is usually when I realize that I've put off Christmas shopping too long and make a mad dash around town on my bike looking for silly things to wrap in silly paper.

End of the world? No.
Time to cut a new rock for a new calendar age? Good bet.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 09:45:10

It is the end of Baktun 13, and the beginning of the next. The Mayans had an elaborate calendar system and the Baktun is the longest of their cycles. It will turn, just like our millennia happen. There is a stela in Tabasco state that says that a god will come out. He is called Bolon Yokte and he is going to show up. What that means is unclear. Things may change. Who knows?

"Gillespie and Joyce[8] and also Houston and Stuart[9] have concurred that the inscription on Monument 6 concerns the god(s) Bolon Yokte’ K’uh - specifically “…a calendrical event in the early 21st century AD, at which time, apparently, the god may 'descend'.” Stuart has given a more complete translation: “"The Thirteenth Bak'tun" will be finished (on) Four Ahaw, the Third of K'ank'in. ? will occur. (It will be) the descent(?) of the Nine Support (?) God(s) to the ?."[10] All prophecy seekers may be warned that he later explained in his Blog that monument 6 is not stating a prophecy and never featured the 2012 period ending, except to refer to the future Bak’tun ending in order to temporally orient a more significant here-and-now happening of Tortuguero’s local history."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortuguero_%28Maya_site%29

We're about half way through the Xibalba be, or the milky way at the end of the Baktun.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 09:54:05

vision-master

Unread postby rangerone314 » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 11:53:43

I got my tin foil hat and ray gun to protect me!
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:27:43

I used to live with the Mayans, and they are very concerned with time. The end of one of their cycles is the only thing that's happening. There is no evidence to show that it's the end of the world.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 11 Apr 2012, 18:27:06

radon wrote:
This is what is called a professional forecast. If it happens - then your forecast will be proven to be correct. If it doesn't happen - then no one will know this anyway. Invincible position.

Um, I THINK he was saying (sarcastically) that the date, Dec 21st of this year will occur. That says NOTHING about whether he believes that will be the end of the world or whatever nonsense the same clowns who portrayed Y2K as the end of the world (to sell stuff) are now braying about (to sell stuff).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 11 Apr 2012, 18:32:29

rangerone314 wrote:I got my tin foil hat and ray gun to protect me!

+ 1
I can't tell whether Revi's post (before yours) was sarcasm, true insanity, or the use of some really effective recreational drugs.

The only thing that seems sillier to me than people pontificating about this is the belief in the E-cat when the "builder" is a KNOWN scammer.

OTOH, convicted felons get elected to congress... :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 11 Apr 2012, 18:38:12

an the Earth revolves around the sun just like those nice ppl from the Vatican taught us.....
vision-master

Unread postby radon » Thu 12 Apr 2012, 04:44:05

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
radon wrote:

Um, I THINK he was saying (sarcastically) that the date, Dec 21st of this year will occur. That says NOTHING about whether he believes that will be the end of the world or whatever nonsense the same clowns who portrayed Y2K as the end of the world (to sell stuff) are now braying about (to sell stuff).

In any event, there will be no crazy cornies chasing him demanding that he eats his internet hat.
radon

Return to Open Topic Discussion