Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Gotta get outta Houston!

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Gotta get outta Houston!

Unread postby Wednesday » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 18:50:41

I'm heading to Austin this fall so I'm looking for a small apt. near Whole Foods and 6th street downtown. I am used to small spaces so I dont need more than 500 sqft. My only requirements are that its clean, safe and has a bathtub.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Gotta get outta Houston!

Unread postby ian807 » Sun 29 Apr 2012, 09:07:18

This is why the good lord made Craigslist. (http://austin.craigslist.org/apa/)
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Wednesday » Sun 29 Apr 2012, 15:26:44

Thank you for your helpful sarcasm.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 29 Apr 2012, 16:55:18

Well Wednesday, has your decision anything to do with peak oil at all? You did neglect to mention so; if so.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Rune » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 01:17:50

Did you ever get that dog?
Rune
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Wednesday » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 02:43:19

My life has changed so much since we talked about dogs. Blue and Batgirl live up at the Funny Farm. They are Australian terriers of some kind. I will go up there this summer to work on a solar gypsy wagon. My time up there will be more pleasant if I have a retreat. MIght as well put it on wheels so I can drag it around until the zombies come in which case I will bury it with a cannon on top. In the meantime, I need a place downtown so I can use Austin's limited public transportation.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:08:09

I love that idea also. The gypsy wagon thing is very cool if not in any hurry and what's to hurry for anyhow? The Australian Terriers you mention are generally called Blue or Red Heelers. The blackish with white ones are the blue. They are bred from a cross of English sheepdogs such as Collie, with native (ish) Dingos. Probably the smartest dogs on the planet, very long lived also.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:23:54

They also like to nip the backs of ankles and move things along
Might come in handy with the Gypsy caravan
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 09:00:04

Another name for the same cross is kelpie. One thing most people who own them never realize they are amazing hunters, besides shepherds. They are not super fast, but they have extreme stamina and acute senses. A lone kelpie can track and hunt down a kangaroo which is capable of double it's speed. They have to get hungry. After 3 days on rice or potatoes, it's hunting time. They will also drag the kill back to the fire to be cooked.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Wednesday » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 14:56:36

Yes they are Blue Heelers, some mutt in there too. They are happy up there with a big, white Great Pyrenees for a sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB-MhZkYVo8&feature=relmfu
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Wednesday » Mon 30 Apr 2012, 16:56:54

Found a job in Round Rock, had to turn it down.

Maybe they will hire again later this year.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ian807 » Tue 01 May 2012, 11:52:45

Wednesday wrote:Thank you for your helpful sarcasm.
And thank you for throwing up a personal post completely irrelevant to peak oil. Craigslist is the proper forum for apartment seeking, not a peak oil web site. Did it ever occur to you that there's a reason for the sarcastic responses you get?
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Wednesday » Tue 01 May 2012, 13:17:35

Actually yes. I suppose the reason is that you are disagreeable. Now let it go and try to have a good day.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vision-master » Tue 01 May 2012, 13:48:57

Maybe looking for a free place, no?
vision-master

Unread postby Wednesday » Tue 01 May 2012, 14:00:51

No such thing as free and I prefer to pay in cash.
I guess the concept of community is still just a concept for many. Some of us on the front line have been dealing with the daily effects of resource depletion for so long that we have begun adaptation and it is now uninteresting to discuss "theory." Carry on as usual.
~Friedrich Nietzsche~
Wednesday
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Quinny » Tue 01 May 2012, 19:33:39

I see no problem asking like minded people for any kind of advice, but think a more explanatory initial post would have resulted in you getting more positive feedback :)
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion