Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Human Birthing Season

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Human Birthing Season

Unread postby roccman » Thu 17 May 2012, 12:16:20

"There must be a bogeyman; there always is, and it cannot be something as esoteric as "resource depletion." You can't go to war with that." Emersonbiggins
roccman
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Human Birthing Season

Unread postby steam_cannon » Thu 17 May 2012, 17:19:06

This may be true. To quote an article, it seems "when the sun shines for about 12 hours and the temperature hovers between 50 and 70 degrees Farenheit" that people are most likely to conceive. Though with modern lighting and temperature control, this trend is blurring. These modern conditions may be causing disruptions to hormone cycles as well.

Article:
New York Times wrote:Seasons Sway Human Birth Rates

According to the new analysis, the perfect time of year to conceive is when the sun shines for about 12 hours and the temperature hovers between 50 and 70 degrees Farenheit. For reasons that remain mysterious, such conditions somehow help stimulate either ovulation in women, a burst of sperm production in men or a combination of the two.

In some regions of the world, the scientists say, people mating in the optimal fertility season have twice the chance of conceiving that they might have the rest of the year...
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Quinny » Thu 17 May 2012, 20:08:45

Seems more likely to me that people get pissed up at xmas and new year parties.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Thu 17 May 2012, 20:40:23

Quinny wrote:Seems more likely to me that people get pissed up at xmas and new year parties.

The failure of a local TV transmitter used to cause a mini baby boom before Video recorders etc. ;).
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby radon » Fri 18 May 2012, 05:50:16

Maybe have to do with the fact that historically the newborn have had a greater chance of survival if they were born during the summer season.
radon

Unread postby JohnRM » Fri 18 May 2012, 19:16:17

I think; In the common era, people are just inside more as October, November, and December roll around and they find themselves in the house more. It is probably no more complicated than that.
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -- Thomas Paine
JohnRM
Peat
Peat

Unread postby knowres » Sun 20 May 2012, 02:21:10

This must be US statistics... See the artificial low on July 4th/5th ? Also very low rates around the x-mas holidays... Can you find any more dates of national "importance" ....
hint: February 14th :shock:
knowres
Wood
Wood

Unread postby MD » Sun 20 May 2012, 07:18:06

The summer/fall birth wave is easy to explain as it's nice months after the harvest.

The July 4th anomaly is not so easy to explain without giving birth mothers the ability to delay their labors for a day or two, which is not unthinkable.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby radon » Sun 20 May 2012, 15:40:57

Is this the world's or US statistics? Who cares about the harvest time in the US.
radon

Return to Open Topic Discussion