Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

My little girl just got spayed.

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

My little girl just got spayed.

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 16 Aug 2012, 18:35:28

She's a shelter dog, they said she was spayed, they lied.......... Anyhoo, just got her home from the vet, she walks like a drunk right now. May have to put one of those anti-licking cones on her. :(

Can't wait till her to return to normal (half lab/ half border collie). :)

pic about 4 Months ago.

vision-master

Re: My little girl just got spayed.

Unread postby WildRose » Thu 16 Aug 2012, 23:31:38

She's pretty, vm. She actually looks quite a bit like my dog - I'm sure mine is part lab and collie of some sort, with probably some husky mixed in as well.

Your dog is probably not moving around too much now, but in a day or two she'll want to race around like usual and you'll have to try to curtail her activity a bit, so she doesn't disturb her incision. Might be a good idea to keep her inside as much as possible for the next week, unless you walk her on a leash outside so that she can't get too crazy. Mine at that age ran in circles at 90 miles per hour whenever she was in an open space, and if she could get another dog to chase her, even better!

Well, at least now you won't have to worry about the neighborhood (intact) male dogs going wild around your place, or about her wanting to wander off.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dinopello » Fri 17 Aug 2012, 08:47:04

Phew, I thought this was going to be some thread dedicated to some extreme version of human population control 8O

Cute pup. So even though she is spayed you may want to monitor her play'mates'. Dogs are such dogs.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 17 Aug 2012, 19:16:12

Have you worked out her food supply post collapse?
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 17 Aug 2012, 19:18:39

Yeah, same as me, lot's of brown rice.
vision-master

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 17 Aug 2012, 20:23:38

brought a tear to my eye. Reminded me of my siberian husky who we spayed as a pup and of course the same thing...she seemed drunk as we took her home. She gave me 16 years of immense joy as my second best friend (behind my wife) which is incredible life span for a big dog.
I firmly believe that dogs show us what is important and good in life, embrace it as long as you can.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 17 Aug 2012, 20:26:30

brought a tear to my eye. Reminded me of my siberian husky who we spayed as a pup and of course the same thing...she seemed drunk as we took her home. She gave me 16 years of immense joy as my second best friend (behind my wife) which is incredible life span for a big dog.
I firmly believe that dogs show us what is important and good in life, embrace it as long as you can.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mattduke » Mon 20 Aug 2012, 21:25:42

Don't give her too many pain pills so she feels ok walking around. Better to lay around for a week. She'll be back to her old self soon. Looks like you've got a nice friend there and she's lucky too.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Medical Issues Forum