Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

UN Doesn't Deny Texas invasion Plans

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

UN Doesn't Deny Texas invasion Plans

Unread postby Pops » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:06:34

UN to Invade Texas?
The United Nations scoffed on Friday at claims by a judge in Lubbock County, Texas, that U.N. troops could invade the southern U.S. state to settle a possible civil war, which the judge warned could be sparked if Obama is re-elected in November.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, Martin Nesirky, when asked if the United Nations had any plans to invade Texas.

That isn't "No."

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: UN Doesn't Deny Texas invasion Plans

Unread postby mattduke » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:11:55

If Texas wants to secede there need not be war. Texas was free to enter the united states, and it is free to leave it. After all government gains it's rightful powers from the consent of the people.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:33:21

Texas - too small to be a country, too big to be an insane asylum
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:35:01

Rick Perry has refused federal funding for Planned Parenthood. With less abortion available, incidents of rape, child molesting, and incest are less likely to be reported.

Perry has failed to deny he is attempting to decriminalize rape, incest, and child molesting.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 11:20:34

The more stories I hear like this, the happier I am that I don't live in America.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:36:11

Why are so many people participating in the meme of civil war or revolution if Obama is re-elected? For that matter, why do so many people hate Obama with a seemingly irrational hatred? Is it because he failed to single handedly pick up the United States and shake out the demons before setting it back down again on firmer ground? I think when Kennedy was shot almost half of the people cheered, though you don't read about that much. The same atmosphere of difficulty and deliberate lack of cooperation surrounds Obama, not to mention outright hatred.

In case you were wondering, which you probably aren't, I don't think Obama is hated because of his skin color. Many people have tried to pin the massive dislike on that, but I think they are wrong. Oh, maybe a few percent of the haters are into it because of that, but mostly it comes down to how things in the economy didn't snap back and didn't we elect this guy so that they would.

I too have a beef with Obama, but it doesn't make me hate him. In my mind he is not nearly experimental enough in dealing with the economy. Instead of being experimental he remains an ideologue. Maybe the torrent of hatred has something to do with that? Maybe the people have already proven that it isn't safe to take chances?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mattduke » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:40:06

Why do so many people conflate peaceful secession with civil war? If Texans prefer independence the centralized government need not burn down Austin.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 13:15:07

mattduke wrote:Why do so many people conflate peaceful secession with civil war? If Texans prefer independence the centralized government need not burn down Austin.

Probably because of the decades of racist claptrap like "Civil War Two: The Coming Breakup Of America" which describes the creation of an all white stronghold in Texas.......
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mattduke » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 13:27:58

PrestonSturges wrote:
mattduke wrote:Why do so many people conflate peaceful secession with civil war? If Texans prefer independence the centralized government need not burn down Austin.

Probably because of the decades of racist claptrap like "Civil War Two: The Coming Breakup Of America" which describes the creation of an all white stronghold in Texas.......

If the decree for war emerges from the slave-built white house, it is for Texas' oil, like Iraq, Lybia, Iran, etc.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Loki » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 13:32:59

Texans can always pray the UN away....
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Loki » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 13:40:27

From the article:
"He's going to send in U.N. troops, I don't want them in Lubbock County. I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carriers and say 'You're not coming in here,'" he said.

:lol:

Sounds to me like this judge needs to be taken in for psychiatric evaluation, a la Brandon Raub, he's displaying obvious symptoms of paranoia and grandiosity. At the very least he needs his tinfoil cap adjusted, it's clearly cutting off blood flow to his brain.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 14:48:47

Here's the video

Head isn't scared of the UN, that much is for sure. He is scared of his fellow Lubbock citizens when he tells them he's going to raise their taxes 1.7c though - hence the story.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 16:11:05

I knew the black helicopters circling above were not just my imagination.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 16:21:30

mattduke wrote:If Texas wants to secede there need not be war. Texas was free to enter the united states, and it is free to leave it.

Wasn't it Perry who wanted to secede before becoming a candidate?
After all government gains it's rightful powers from the consent of the people.

That's good news! It gives us all something to aim for: a government that does what WE want it to do! :lol:
Loki wrote:Texans can always pray the UN away....

Gosh! Do ya think that'd work? :roll:
When I first saw the title, I thought the UN was organizing all the illegal aliens...
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 16:56:05

This is just about a Texas local government raising taxes to give big pay raises to moochers and slackers.

Hardly anything is being spent on defense from the UN

The revenue from the tax increase, said County Judge Tom Head, would pay for three more patrol cars and deputies with the county Sheriff’s Office, two criminal investigation detectives, one more narcotics officer and reinforce the Criminal District Attorney’s Office.

Head told The Avalanche-Journal the revenue from the tax increase would relieve response times by sheriff’s deputies, reduce fatigue, strengthen their law enforcement abilities and help the CDA’s office retain its attorneys.

Criminal District Attorney Matt Powell has asked for a 10 percent across-the-board pay increase for all employees in his department.

That's one of the most incompetent civil defense plans against foreign invasion that I've ever seen. Right, they're going to stop UN tanks with a patrol car with a narcotics officer and a bunch of highly paid court clerks :roll:

Better learn to speak French, Texas - the blue hats are coming.

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby JohnRM » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 20:05:55

The UN would never step foot in the US. Americans would be all too happy to shoot at them.
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -- Thomas Paine
JohnRM
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 25 Aug 2012, 21:22:23

JohnRM wrote:The UN would never step foot in the US. Americans would be all too happy to shoot at them.

That's what's so funny about the Sheriff and Judge in Lubbock trying to use the need to arm up to fight the UN. His citizens have better armament than the UN and him. Seriously... have you seen the guy in Georgia that has all the little toys ? He pretends to be Russian
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 04:10:51

The UN is used by military powers to justify support for various regimes worldwide or to attack weaker countries.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 09:16:37

Lack of funding will curtail federal over reach.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby autonomous » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 13:54:52

"It's absolutely ridiculous," said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, Martin Nesirky, when asked if the United Nations had any plans to invade Texas.

Agreed, an all-out invasion on Texas is ridiculous. The UN has a process in place to first apply diplomatic pressure on a State followed by a resolution of the security council imposing mandatory sanctions. You could easily bring Texas to its knees by cutting off the supply of Frito Pies and beer.
autonomous
Peat
Peat

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion