Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Vote!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Vote!

Unread postby Pops » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:19:14

That is all.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: Vote!

Unread postby davep » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:28:55

?

Is there something happening in the colonies?
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:38:28

Nothing unusual so far - nothing related to the Balkanization thread, so far anyway.

8^|
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby dbruning » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:38:51

If they accepted Canadian voting I'd be there :)
dbruning
Coal
Coal

Unread postby vision-master » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 14:10:15

I was at the polls a little after 7:00 am - big lines..... This is good.
vision-master

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 15:58:28

The US must be the only country in the world where the politicians spend about 25% of their time and huge amounts of other peoples money just to get elected! T'would be a better place if they spent more time doing their job. :roll:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:01:21

Then again you have the Queen over across the pond........
vision-master

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:08:00

Our little precinct mostly votes early, so no lines to speak of.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:12:36

vision-master wrote:Then again you have the Queen over across the pond........

Not here in Ireland, besides, she isn't elected!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:29:20

Oh come on now, we all know she rules the entire UK.
vision-master

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:40:22

I voted three weeks ago via absentee ballot.

I already knew who I wanted to vote for at the top of the ticket, but it was nice to take time to carefully go through the statewide initiatives, state legislators and judges to decide how to vote on them.

Thank goodness all that partisan crap in the campaign is over. Now all we have to worry about is dealing with the "financial cliff" and yet another increase in the debt limit that Obama needs ASAP and then the actual start of Obamacare and its tax increases and new regulations coming into effect in January 2013. :)
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby seahorse3 » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 16:59:22

All roads lead to Rome, or in this case, Romney. As captured in this video from inside an electronic voting machine, a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-glitch-voting-machine-pennsylvania-171806481--election.html
seahorse3
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:08:42

vision-master wrote:Oh come on now, we all know she rules the entire UK.

She doesn't*, but the part of Ireland I live in, she doesn't either.

*She is a ceremonial head of state, thus having no real power.
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dsula » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:12:27

Please DONT vote. So my vote counts more. But then again I didn't vote for either knucklehead nor bonehead. BUT I voted for a new fire station for our town.
dsula
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:19:35

seahorse3 wrote:All roads lead to Rome, or in this case, Romney. As captured in this video from inside an electronic voting machine, a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-glitch-voting-machine-pennsylvania-171806481--election.html

Yes, but look on the bright side. Thanks to recent court rulings there were no mean-spirited restrictions to show an official government ID placed on the person who cast the vote.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SamInNebraska » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:24:11

seahorse3 wrote:All roads lead to Rome, or in this case, Romney. As captured in this video from inside an electronic voting machine, a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney. yahoo

And a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. If it wasn't for skin color, you wouldn't be able to tell them or their policies apart. Their real policies I mean, not the nonsense they put in campaign ads and pretend is what they plan on doing.
SamInNebraska
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby seahorse3 » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:31:15

Sam, agree totally. I voted for the Libertarian last time around. This time, I didn't waste my time. I'm done.

Plant, there is no bright side to American politics. But, I strongly suspect if there was a video of a Romney vote being changed to an Obama vote, you and many like you would be up in arms. Funny how people don't boo when the missed call goes their way.
seahorse3
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Quinny » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 18:59:47

We'd have never have guessed :)

Is your second paragraph conceeding defeat?

Plantagenet wrote:I voted three weeks ago via absentee ballot.

I already knew who I wanted to vote for at the top of the ticket, but it was nice to take time to carefully go through the statewide initiatives, state legislators and judges to decide how to vote on them.

Thank goodness all that partisan crap in the campaign is over. Now all we have to worry about is dealing with the "financial cliff" and yet another increase in the debt limit that Obama needs ASAP and then the actual start of Obamacare and its tax increases and new regulations coming into effect in January 2013. :)
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 19:09:21

SamInNebraska wrote:And a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. If it wasn't for skin color, you wouldn't be able to tell them or their policies apart.

What a cop out. Ignorant to boot.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 06 Nov 2012, 19:16:41

seahorse3 wrote:if there was a video of a Romney vote being changed to an Obama vote, you ...would be up in arms.

Not at all. There are also videos and reports of votes for Romney magically turning into votes for Obama.

vote for Romney turned into Obama vote

Its not like one side is evil and the other is good. Guess what---both sides jerrymander and make special deals with wealthy businessmen and dodge climate change issues and earmark money for their cronies and do things to suppress votes.

UN observers coming to see the US election are dumbfounded that people in many states don't have to show ID to vote----its an open invitation to voter fraud. Also, using "touch screen" electronic voting machines that don't leave a paper record is another invitation to fraud---this time by jiggering the software.

Given the very flawed nature of elections in the US, its amazing the system works as well as it does.
My advice to you is to relax and enjoy the show. [smilie=new_popcornsmiley.gif]
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to North America Discussion