Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Meatless Mondays

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Meatless Mondays

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:51:46

For whatever reason given, it is probably a good idea to get the citizens used to the lack of meats available:
'Meatless Mondays': LA urges residents to turn vegetarian one day a week
By Melissa Pamer, NBCLosAngeles.com
Los Angeles is hoping to persuade people to become vegetarian – at least one day per week. Under a resolution unanimously approved by the city council this week, all future Mondays in the City of Angels have been declared "Meatless Mondays."

It's part of an international campaign to cut down on meat consumption for health and environmental reasons. …
NBC News

Let's continue the legislate-what-people-can-eat movement-after all, Bllomberg started it with his problem pop activities on the other side of the country.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Re: Meatless Mondays

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 15:20:36

Ferretlover wrote:the legislate-what-people-can-eat movement-after all, Bllomberg started it

It started a few thousand years ago. Later the Muslims and Catholics joined the movement.
:lol:
Last edited by Keith_McClary on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 16:48:31, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 18:22:47

The hamburger, bacon and hot dog industry is a way of selling the highly saturated fatty bits that no one would want to eat.
Corn syrup in soft drinks and everything else doesn't help either but there is plenty of saturated fat being consumed too.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 18:30:30

So now a gotta quit my daily wiskey habit? lsol
vision-master

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 19:03:47

Keith_McClary wrote:It started a few thousand years ago. Later the Muslims and Catholics joined the movement. :lol:

Keith, you stinker! I meant events in MY lifetime... not yours! *heehee*

And, VM: If you don't bring enough for the whole board, then you can't have any. :P
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 19:19:56

So... in honor of LA's venture into culinary correctness, should I set out a Tbone (28oz) or a NY Strip (16oz) for Monday's brunch?
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 19:29:59

TBone's are nice, but, I prefer ribeyes... OOps! Did I say that out loud? Good thing I don't live in CA!
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Narz » Sat 10 Nov 2012, 23:27:30

Ferretlover wrote:For whatever reason given, it is probably a good idea to get the citizens used to the lack of meats available:
'Meatless Mondays': LA urges residents to turn vegetarian one day a week
By Melissa Pamer, NBCLosAngeles.com
Los Angeles is hoping to persuade people to become vegetarian – at least one day per week. Under a resolution unanimously approved by the city council this week, all future Mondays in the City of Angels have been declared "Meatless Mondays."

It's part of an international campaign to cut down on meat consumption for health and environmental reasons. …
NBC News

Let's continue the legislate-what-people-can-eat movement-after all, Bllomberg started it with his problem pop activities on the other side of the country.

I'm all for it, people don't know what's good for them. People whine about sin-taxes, food restrictions, smoking bans & the like but they're proven to work... whether people like it or not.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion