Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Cloud Atlas

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Cloud Atlas

Unread postby Graeme » Thu 04 Jul 2013, 00:07:21

Last week, I saw a movie on DVD called "Cloud Atlas". At the time, I didn't appreciate all the themes in the movie until now. You can google them if you wish. But I found this site that lists the more important ones. You can accept or ignore as you wish.

1. We are inexplicably drawn to certain people who, ultimately, help shape who we become.

2. Sometimes it feels like one person is too small to make a difference, but if everyone let misconception that affect them, nothing would ever change.

3. Every choice you make determines the direction that your life heads. Believe in yourself and allow yourself to change.

4. There are no boundaries that cannot be broken once you make the decision to rise above them.

5. It is not how smart or how fortunate you are in life, but how badly you want something that will help you get what you want.

6. Life is short and you are only limited by your thinking. You are capable of more than you can imagine.
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Cloud Atlas

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:16:09

I saw it in the theaters when it came out, it was a good film.

Thoughtful insights about the film!
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion