Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Janet Yellen's Fed chair nomination, inflation

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Janet Yellen's Fed chair nomination, inflation

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:20:02

President Obama is expected Wednesday to nominate Federal Reserve Vice Chair Janet Yellen to lead the central bank, elevating her to the world's most powerful economic post just as a political showdown in Washington is propelling the nation toward a possible economic crisis.

The Fed's vice chairman since 2010, she's known for favoring policies promoting low unemployment as a chief concern of the Fed rather than controlling inflation.

Yellen is expected to face resistance from Republicans in Congress worried that the Fed won't do enough to prevent future high inflation. But she enjoys broad support among Democrats in the Senate and is expected to be confirmed.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/08/obama-chooses-yellen-to-chair-fed/2823219/

I'm okay with a focus on "employment over inflation," but my concern is in how the Federal Reserve pumps money -- it's all markets-based, QE 0% loans to hedge funders and banksters via the "discount window."

It's not like the old days with traditional banks, where the fed would inject liquidity to them and those banks were shut out of the markets by law, and so they in turn loaned money to main street on-the-ground real businesses in the real economy employing real people. Then you can get inflation from that, the economy overheating, but at least it's REAL -- whereas market inflation is just the rich elite blowing a paper bubble, and investing the money in abroad.

From what I read, she's predisposed to continue the QE policies. If we keep that up then inflation will get worse. This is why government elites want that "chained CPI," so that social security won't keep pace with rising inflation.

I'm not happy about QE continuing forever.. what we needed was a federal government that would have done some infrastructure spending to boost the real economy, in tandem with the Fed's market infusions, and THEN you could get to place where you can let up on the quantitative easing.

As it stands we just have the market pumping but nothing else, so they'll never be able to stop the QE and monetary inflation will increase.

This is a real bummer for the future, an inflationary trap that the fed won't be able to stop.. and all our goods and services will become more expensive, with 90% of Americanss incomes declining relative to inflation.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Janet Yellen's Fed chair nomination, inflation

Unread postby rollin » Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:13:14

It's fairly obvious at this point that "on the ground" investing is not being promoted by the federal government, except in a few areas. Lots of money has been pumped into the "system" with very little result on the ground (really a slowing of the negative slippage rather than local growth). The government seems to be supporting global trade more than internal or local recovery.

It has been obvious to me for a long time that placing that money into programs for energy transistion (solar, wind), improved fuel efficiency programs, local passenger and freight rail (forget those high speed rails) and building efficiency would have made an actual economic recovery within the US without as much economic loss to other countries. Communication efficiency and lower cost also needs to be addressed, we don't need more huge companies sucking the public dry just to talk to each other and watch corporate sponsored programming. It also would have set a great example to the world on how to reduce carbon output while increasing your local economy.

Promoting energy transistion, increased efficiency and building local business may seem like a dream when our Congress seems transported directly from the land of Lilliput, but there must be a way for the people to regain control of a government gone dysfunctional.

We need leaders who point people toward what they need versus what they think they want. The days of the corporate/marketing driven country need to come to an end. The current trend is only weakening us, making a giant empty doughnut hole in this country.
Once in a while the peasants do win. Of course then they just go and find new rulers, you think they would learn.
rollin
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Fishman » Wed 09 Oct 2013, 14:46:40

Prolonged QE, money goes to the rich, poor folks money worth less. Welcome to the obamaconomy. While they scream (quite falsely) about how they help the poor.
Glad you figured it out Six.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SteveO » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:06:04

Yellen did a stint at Harvard before going to work for the Fed. She is a complete Fed insider, so I have no reason to believe that she won't continue the Greenspan/Bernanke bubble/bust cycle and she certainly won't rein in the big banks.

My guess is that she is totally unprepared to deal with the next financial collapse, because the last couple of years show the the only tool the Fed has (QE) doesn't work anymore.
SteveO
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:17:06

SteveO wrote:My guess is that she is totally unprepared to deal with the next financial collapse, because the last couple of years show the the only tool the Fed has (QE) doesn't work anymore.

That's right.
Hedge funders and the rich have all the money.
Giving them more money from the Fed printing press won't help.

It was the glass-steagall repeal that broke the Fed's tool, so now it falls to the federal government, not the central bank, to do something to get the money circulating OUT OF THE HANDS of the super rich and into the real economy and broad masses of people.

Only Congress can do it. We need high taxes on the rich. We need pro working class policies. If this isn't done we'll have monetary inflation anyway from the Fed giving endless money to our super rich and Russian olligarchs and rich folks all over the world -- everybody BUT the average American.

If we're to have inflation no matter what, I'd rather see it from an overheating economy with lots of growth and business activity and full employment and lots of people making good wages, then fine, raise interest rates as we did in the 1980s and it would be okay because folks would have good paying jobs.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:35:06

Fishman wrote:Prolonged QE, money goes to the rich, poor folks money worth less. ...
Glad you figured it out Six.

Glad to see you've become a real Democrat. Welcome aboard.

So you agree with me on the problem. That the rich have all the money. What is your proposal to get the money away from them and into the hands of the other 300 million Americans? It's got to be done somehow.

In the old days, when we had glass-steaggal, the federal reserve could do 0% discount window loans to banks. Back then, banks were restricted by law to making their money via loans to people and small business, and new business would spring up and the real economy stimulated -- that's the "growing the pie" option. Then if the economy overheats inflation kicks in and the fed raises interest rates.

But now.. post banking deregulation.. banks just take the money and play the markets.. it does not stimulate the real economy, the only pie being grown is the rich's share and they already had all the pie.

You agree on the problem so what's the solution? People need food, they need healthcare, and the money just isn't in the pie for them. Some of that pie must be taken from the rich and given to the poor. You can do it with taxes and government redistribution, gov could distribute and run up debt with our fed to buy the bonds (so that's like qe but for all of us not just the rich), or you could enact anti-globalist pro American labor policies to grow private employment, or you could grow government to employ people, or you could blow a bubble in something like housing again.

Whether it's brick and mortar real growth or fake bubbles or gov distribution with or without taxation of the rich, money has to circulate somehow Fish, and the rich having it all is the problem not a solution.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:02:53

So you agree with me on the problem. That the rich have all the money. What is your proposal to get the money away from them and into the hands of the other 300 million Americans? It's got to be done somehow.

Rethug response.......

Work harder..........

Start your own business.......

Get an education.........

Thing is, I see these young people with college degrees working at Starbucks all the time.
vision-master

Unread postby SteveO » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 13:16:27

vision-master wrote:Get an education.........

Thing is, I see these young people with college degrees working at Starbucks all the time.

Trying to make payments on 6 figure student loan debts.
SteveO
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Loki » Thu 10 Oct 2013, 20:07:50

Six, you seem to be confused. On the one hand, you argue (correctly) that most of the quantitative easing has been used to fund the gambling habits of the financial industry. On the other hand, you argue (incorrectly) that QE-related inflation is a problem. These are self-negating propositions.

Contrary to the political talking points, QE has not caused significant inflation because it's been limited primarily to the financial industry. The money supply has indeed increased considerably, but this does not automatically result in inflation. The velocity of money is still quite low and we are currently experiencing below average inflation from a historical perspective:

This actually signifies a success for the Fed, as Bernanke's primary concern has been deflation, and rightly so. I'm surprised at how well they've managed to combat deflation. Whatever the drawbacks of their approach, I think they did stop a deflationary spiral, at least for now.

The “danger” is that QE will trickle down to us peasants. That would almost certainly result in significant inflation. Seems unlikely, though. I expect it'll take an even bigger deflationary spasm before the real inflationary dogs are loosed and everyone is cut a big fat check.

What folks often don't seem to get is that inflation is generally a sign of a growing economy. Our problem is that current inflation in energy and food---the two things that keep industrial civilization afloat---are being driven by hard resource limits, not economic growth. There's only so much monetary policy can do to alleviate this.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 01:14:17

It's hard to have much inflation when millions of workers can't find work with record numbers dropping out of the workforce and what jobs are being created are mostly low paying service jobs or mediocre part time jobs 8)
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:34:07

Loki wrote:Six, you seem to be confused. ... Contrary to the political talking points, QE has not caused significant inflation because it's been limited primarily to the financial industry. The money supply has indeed increased considerably, but this does not automatically result in inflation. The velocity of money is still quite low and we are currently experiencing below average inflation from a historical perspective:

I don't know Lore, first of all I don't trust those government inflation numbers. I rely on the shadowstats alternate:

look at the blue line, real inflation has been on a relentless rise ever since 1983:

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data

That blue line looks like inflation to me.. but things are so different now compared to the previous inflationary high water mark in 1981.. there was unemployment in the Carter years but otherwise the economy was pretty solid with a large middle class and good jobs paying good wages with good retirement pensions. Even a working class man earned enough to support a family, and women didn't have to work.

It's all different now. Incomes have plummeted, even after women fully entering the workforce now you've got two income households doing worse than a one income would in the late 70s.

This actually signifies a success for the Fed, as Bernanke's primary concern has been deflation, and rightly so. I'm surprised at how well they've managed to combat deflation. Whatever the drawbacks of their approach, I think they did stop a deflationary spiral, at least for now.

The “danger” is that QE will trickle down to us peasants. That would almost certainly result in significant inflation. Seems unlikely, though. I expect it'll take an even bigger deflationary spasm before the real inflationary dogs are loosed and everyone is cut a big fat check.

What folks often don't seem to get is that inflation is generally a sign of a growing economy. Our problem is that current inflation in energy and food---the two things that keep industrial civilization afloat---are being driven by hard resource limits, not economic growth. There's only so much monetary policy can do to alleviate this.[/quote]
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 18:40:59

My last post got messed up, I hit submit while I was writing it and then the site shut down and couldn't edit and complete.

Now I forgot what I was going to say. :lol:

Long story short Loki, I'm not against what the fed has done with QE. But that only helped the markets and the global financial system, it did not address fundamentals in the real economy.

The federal government was supposed to do that.. fed qe'ing on the one hand, and federal government stimulating in the *right* ways on the other hand. Fed did it's job but the fed gov did not.

So now we've got a trap. Fed reserve can't stop the qe, cuz if they do the fundamentals aren't there in the real economy to support this inflated paper market.

Also, inflation is high right now for all the wrong reasons -- it's the rich and banksters plowing free qe money into commodity futures. THAT is what has made energy and food so hi, all doomerism aside, if you open a floodgate of dollars handed to banksters then what the hell else do you think they will do with the money????? Other than put it in commodities????

These are banksters, they play market games for easy money, they don't go out and start brick and mortar businesses that employ Americans.

When not investing their 0% loan qe cash running up commodity prices, they're investing in these internet companies and Apple which don't even employ any Americans. Very, very little of any of this market money has trickled down to any companies employing significant numbers of Americans.

And Loki.. I disagree with you that working people in the real world making a living wage and not needing food stamps would somehow be worse than the rich getting their qe. You're shilling for the rich, accepting their paradigm and that it can't be any other way -- not sure where you're coming from on that.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 19:06:16

Loki.. you say that the working class getting just a sliver of the rich's pie would result in inflation and blah blah "worse than qe."

It's all propaganda to turn Americans into Chinese peasants, and it's bullsh*t.

A Michigan fast food restaurant was in the news the other night. They've made nationwide news because they start employees out at $15 an hour (which is the Australian federal minimum wage, I think). Well over here in poverty America fifteen bucks an hour is big news.

Heck, in my state a broad standard is like $13 an hour even for midlevel office work, call centers, and the lower end of medical and dental jobs.

So here's this fast food joint, paying everyone a decent wage, and they're donig well and making money and they're proving it's not impossible as all the Republicans say. The co-founder of the company asks:

"My question is, how much do we have to make? How big of a pile of money do CEOs have to sit on?

That's refreshing, a ceo questioning the value of big profits with a non-impoverished workforce versus keeping workers in poverty just because you can, for just a bit more profit and maybe an extra $100 million for the CEO.

Moo Cluck Moo's $15-an-hour story starts with a lesson in minimum wage

Brian Parker is co-founder of Moo Cluck Moo in Dearborn Heights

If you pay your employees just enough to keep them from quitting, they will do just enough to not get fired.

I promise.

I had my reservations about Brian Parker, co-founder of Moo Cluck Moo, and his eagerness to pay $15 an hour for work being done for $7.40 hourly at almost every fast food restaurant in the region.

Have you ever worked for minimum wage? If not, then you probably can’t relate to the struggle millions of Americans face every single day. You’ve probably never had to decide which bill to not pay or pleaded with an anonymous voice to keep your cell phone activated until payday.

Employees at Moo Cluck Moo make $15 an hour or about $31,000 a year. In comparison, a rookie Detroit police officer starts off at about $30,000. A newbie teacher in Detroit starts around $38,000. A cub reporter at a daily newspaper averages about $28,000 a year.

The impact of their higher-than-average salaries is not lost on Moo Cluck Moo's employees.

Lindsay Senia, 23, says she is able to pay her tuition out-of-pocket instead of taking out student loans.
Jennifer Aguilar is able to send her son to Boy Scout camp and can afford to send her daughter to cheerleading camp.
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130911/BLOG006/130919957/#

Loki, what's so wrong with that? We've got a mcjobs economy going on now, but it doesn't have to be Nicaraguan levels of poverty. That's a policy choice not a necessity. Pay folks a living wage, $15 bucks an hour, and they can have just sliver of decent life like sending a kid to boy scout camp or paying for classes instead of running up student debt.

And even more importantly, if mcjobs workers now making $15 an hour, they would go out and spend that money here in America, helping OTHER businesses to grow and that's how you have a stable grounded economy.

America was still like that in the early nineties. I remember jobs back then paying $13 an hour and THEY STILL PAY $13 AN HOUR 20+ years later, and inflation has doubled!
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Loki » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 22:45:56

Point #1: My name is Loki, not Lore. F for reading comprehension.

Point #2: “Not trusting government statistics” means you're a conspiracy theorist or too stupid/lazy to examine the primary data yourself.

The data speaks for itself, even the ebil gooberment data. There has been no recovery for the majority of Americans, please examine the BLS data on mean income by quintile. And we are still experiencing ~10% real unemployment, please examine the BLS data on LFPR and U-5. No shadowstats conspiracy theory required. This is a deflationary depression, marked by deleveraging and a lack of access to money.

Inflation is not the bugaboo the interwebs makes it out to be, at least not QE-induced inflation. Please refer to my previous statement re. hard resource limits and their effect on price.

Six, you're very emotionally volatile, all over the map, like a monkey jumping frantically from branch to branch, you don't seem to have a center. You should calm down and dig into the data, move beyond conspiracy websites, and maybe read some Epictetus.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Loki » Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:05:59

Sixstrings wrote:And Loki.. I disagree with you that working people in the real world making a living wage and not needing food stamps would somehow be worse than the rich getting their qe. You're shilling for the rich, accepting their paradigm and that it can't be any other way -- not sure where you're coming from on that.

It's like arguing with a brick wall. Shilling for the rich :lol: Please review my last 2500 posts and get back to me. Fer fuck's sake.

Can't have a conversation with a wall, sorry. Good luck to you dude.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 12 Oct 2013, 00:01:57

Loki wrote:Point #2: “Not trusting government statistics” means you're a conspiracy theorist or too stupid/lazy to examine the primary data yourself.

The shadowstats alternate chart is based on how the government measured inflation up until 1980. That's when they began taking some things out. Government changed it again in 1990. I'm not an economist, I just know government changed how they measure inflation, they took out food and energy etc. Government changed the metric twice, 1980 and 1990. Why do you think they would do that? I'm not a conspiracy theorist I'm a realist.

I would presume they've been taking things out of the inflation metric so that inflation doesn't look so high. And now government wants to make ANOTHER change -- the "chained" CPI. Again, I'm not an economist, I just read things. For example, I read Bernanke (I think it was him) say that because the new iphone has more features than the last iphone for about the same price then that should somehow affect how we measure inflation.

Now to my common sense ears, that's a bunch of bs. Government can keep taking things out of the CPI all they want, and do more "chained" CPI's, so inflation won't "look" as bad. But if everything an average person needs to buy in an average day keeps going up then I'm sorry that's inflation -- you can't eat an iphone, and it's really only electronic luxuries that have become more feature rich and to some extent deflated in price over time.

Do I enjoy my smartphone more than my old phone? Well sure, yes, but you can't eat a phone and a phone doesn't provide heating and cooling and food and water to the home, or gas for the truck. Look at things like healthcare and the cost of education, *it's through the roof" compared to the early 90's. The basic things that people *need* are all inflating, and that is not offset by a new iphone having a screen that can read your thumbprint.

This is a deflationary depression, marked by deleveraging and a lack of access to money.

I agree this is a depression, where we disagree (apparently) is that the rich are sitting on hoards of cash -- and more to the point, American business is hoarding billions. They refuse to pay their workers more than poverty wages. If you want to get into this, we can talk about cash on hand for Walmart and Apple, McDonalds, all of them. They're doing very well. Their workers are not. (in the case of Apple they employ Chinese).

American working man has a depression going on, but Loki, the rich and corporations do not. Do you want to debate that point?

Inflation is not the bugaboo the interwebs makes it out to be, at least not QE-induced inflation.

You and me disagree. I contend that that a lot of this qe money has runup commodity futures, and commodity prices. There are hedge funds who hire fleets of oil tankers to sail in circles. One example after another like that -- if you'd like to debate that point, we can.

Please refer to my previous statement re. hard resource limits and their effect on price.

Resource bottleneck is part of it. But so is the QE and all the money pouring into commodities and inflating them, it's a bubble.

Anyhow, nobody can use peak oil and peak resources to convince me that the American worker couldn't be paid a bit better when you've got the rich having guilded-age levels of national income and wealth, and American corporations sitting on so much cash.

For one thing the rich need to be paying more taxes, we're out of line with every other western democracy. Taxes on the rich need to go way up back to Clinton levels (that was considered moderate at the time, now those tax rates are somehow anathema).

Six, you're very emotionally volatile, all over the map, like a monkey jumping frantically from branch to branch, you don't seem to have a center.

I'm not emotional, I just write that way. Trying to wake people up. Middle and working class in America vote against their own interests, and they vote for the elites, they buy into all the conservative arguments (even Democrats), year after year. We've got no real labor party in this country anymore. Nobody to stand up for average folks. Democrats are the party of hedge funds, the rich and banksters as much as Repubs are.

You should calm down and dig into the data, move beyond conspiracy websites, and maybe read some Epictetus.

Shadowstas isn't a conspiracy site, he's an economist and he's just provided data from 1980 and 1990 government metrics. It's just as if they hadn't started taking things out of the CPI, that's all.

From shadowstats:

Walter J. "John" Williams was born in 1949. He received an A.B. in Economics, cum laude, from Dartmouth College in 1971, and was awarded a M.B.A. from Dartmouth's Amos Tuck School of Business Administration in 1972, where he was named an Edward Tuck Scholar.

One of my early clients was a large manufacturer of commercial airplanes, who had developed an econometric model for predicting revenue passenger miles. The level of revenue passenger miles was their primary sales forecasting tool, and the model was heavily dependent on the GNP (now GDP) as reported by the Department of Commerce. Suddenly, their model stopped working, and they asked me if I could fix it. I realized the GNP numbers were faulty, corrected them for my client (official reporting was similarly revised a couple of years later) and the model worked again, at least for a while, until GNP methodological changes eventually made the underlying data worthless.

That began a lengthy process of exploring the history and nature of economic reporting and in interviewing key people involved in the process from the early days of government reporting through the present. For a number of years I conducted surveys among business economists as to the quality of government statistics (the vast majority thought it was pretty bad), and my results led to front page stories in 1989 in the New York Times and Investors Daily (now Investors Business Daily), considerable coverage in the broadcast media and a joint meeting with representatives of all the government's statistical agencies.

Nonetheless, the quality of government reporting has deteriorated sharply in the last couple of decades. Reporting problems have included methodological changes to economic reporting that have pushed headline economic and inflation results out of the realm of real-world or common experience.
http://www.shadowstats.com/

P.S. I don't even know why you're arguing with me, if I came at you too strongly and that's what it's about then I apologize. I simply strongly disagree with your general assertion that "qe for the rest of us" would be the real problem, and that somehow qe for the rich is ok. I just disagree. Screw this QE oligarch monetary inflation. I'd rather see inflation from an overheating economy full of people working full time jobs making good wages. THEN that inflation can be tackled with higher interests rates.

Back to Janet Yellen, she's the first Democrat fed chair since Volcker. Maybe she'll wind up doing some good, though post banking de-regulation there's not much the Fed can do for Main Street.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby wildbourgman » Sat 12 Oct 2013, 00:36:46

A Michigan fast food restaurant was in the news the other night. They've made nationwide news because they start employees out at $15 an hour (which is the Australian federal minimum wage, I think). Well over here in poverty America fifteen bucks an hour is big news

Sixstrings, I find myself agreeing with alot of what you're saying but the deal about the fast fod restaurant isn't some CEO being a charitable lib that loves labour he sees the writing on the wall about good cutomer service bring back exponential rewards for his added inputs.

I think that is another area where the welfare state and the minimum wage has consequences that go unseen by many people. In my area we had fast food joints having to pay higher than normal wages due to extremely low unemployment, but the employees that they would hire knew they were in a position of strength, because worse case they could always fall back on the government. So with a comfortable welfare state and the brisk local economy service quality was horrible. Bring the minimum wage into the mix and you have franchise owners that are stuck on paying the minimum like it's some kind of standard no matter what the economy dictates, so they take the employees they can get at that price no matter how bad the customer service is. Sometimes the minimum wage is too high, some times it's too low, that's why economics should dictate wages, not government.

When people have to work like there was nothing to fall back on, the quality of service is outstanding and the franchise owners does well in that situation with less concern about pay. In places like the one in the story you posted, the owner knows that he's going to recoup every dollar plus what he spends on labor and his expectations are much higher because of the added pay.

I know an entrepreneur that used to hire good welders with minor substance abuse problems, he offered them much less than welders in our area made, but they didn't have to pass a drug screen. He made millions employing the otherwise unemployable, that's free market economics in my book, they made their lifestyle choice, he made his offer and they accepted. No need for a minimum wage there.
wildbourgman
Coal
Coal

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 12 Oct 2013, 02:08:42

ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby wildbourgman » Sat 12 Oct 2013, 09:28:16

Ralfy, thanks for the link. I think that we fit the defintion but we have other problems that add to the reasons in the definition. Our problem is not just that we run trade deficits as in the link you posted but we have a robust and growing Welfare state and Warfare state to feed. Had we not grew the Welfare state our productivity would be higher, population would be lower and we would be a more efficient society in general. Had we not fattened the Industrial military complex we would have save trillions in weapon systems that we didn't need and in actions such as Iraq 1 and 2. Fiat currency allowed us to do all of these things that we would have otherwise had to pay for.
wildbourgman
Coal
Coal

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 13 Oct 2013, 01:35:12

Given trade deficits due to the presence of a reserve currency, then it is likely that not just a welfare state but a consumer spending economy would appear, leading to increased borrowing across the board for several decades.

The military, in turn, would be employed to keep the petro-dollar propped up:

"The Road to World War 3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4

Also,

"The myth of the money multiplier"

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/art ... multiplier

Thus, we see increasing money supply brought about by borrowers and private banks, followed by a central banking system controlled by the latter.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Economics & Finance