Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

World's Biggest Oil Producer?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

World's Biggest Oil Producer?

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:15:11

Is it really the USA now? :?:
vision-master

Re: World's Biggest Oil Producer?

Unread postby Ron Patterson » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 19:17:54

Well it all depends on what you call "oil". If ethanol, natural gas liquids and refinery process gain, and that means refinery process gain even on imported oil is "oil" then the US could be the biggest oil producer. But if you are talking about crude oil then the US is far from being the biggest oil producer.
Ron Patterson
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 19:32:17

Ron Patterson wrote:Well it all depends on what you call "oil". If ethanol, natural gas liquids and refinery process gain, and that means refinery process gain even on imported oil is "oil" then the US could be the biggest oil producer. But if you are talking about crude oil then the US is far from being the biggest oil producer.

Thx, what I figured. Friend today was saying the USA is the biggest producer now and in layman's terms I said ^^ (I was right).
vision-master

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 21:47:07

Maybe it's because our society tends to be fixated on sports and who gets the championship ring this year. From a total energy stand point the world is divided into two major classes IMHO: those that have a sh*t load and those that don't. The US, Russia and the KSA are in that first group and have been for a long time. And will remain in the group for a good while yet. I couldn't give a crap about where the US ranks in that group or any of the various flavors. I'm just freaking happy to be part of the club. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Return to Peak Oil Discussion