Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Nominate those who earn a visit from Krampus

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Nominate those who earn a visit from Krampus

Unread postby Timo » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:16:47

Santa_krampus.jpg

Santa Claus, as we all know for plain, simple fact, brings toys every Christmas to all little boys and girls who earn a place on his world-wide list of those little boys and girls who were good. But what about those children who did not make that "good" list? Well, fear not. Those who were not good little boys and girls fall to the domain of Krampus who compiles his own list of bad little boys and girls. These little children, he subjects to immeasurable torture and pain. It's almost the season for Santa and Krampus to make their rounds around the world, bestowing their special gifts to everyone who's been naughty, or nice, so here's your chance to nominate people from around the globe to each list. Who's been naughty, and who's been nice? Santa and Krampus will be watching to see on which list your nominations place you! So, whoever you think has been good or bad, you'd be wise to document and justify your claims. Around the globe, who are the top ten most worthy of placement on Krampus' naughty list? Make your nominations now, and we'll vote on the top ten before Christmas. Santa and Krampus thank you for your insights.
Last edited by Timo on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:49:25, edited 1 time in total.
Timo

Re: Nominate those who earn a visit from Krampus

Unread postby Pops » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:20:57

Good game!

My perennial nominee will always be the Khoch boys but just because I should come up with a new reason, here is the latest:

The Koch Boys Strain To Break Wind.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Timo » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:55:17

But who amongst the Kochs reigns supreme? Who is the MOST deserving of a visit by Krampus? All them them deserve such a reward for their misdeeds, but who is the most devious and underhanded and diabolical?

My nominations are Dick Cheney, because he's named sooooo appropriately, and Sarah Palin, because she serves no useful purpose in public life, but still insists on getting all of the media's attention. Nothing good comes from her.
Timo

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 14:06:16

Surely among those who are the most deserving of a Krampus visit are those thoughtless individuals who see those of the opposite political party as evil and deserving of abuse, even if that be only verbal or thought abuse.

Partisanship is the greatest invention that Krampus ever made.

We have some hard problems to solve as we run out of fossil fuels. We should not spend any time in partisan bickering. To do so is to emulate another historical figure, the Emperor Nero, thought to have played the Cithara as Rome burned in the Great Fire of 64 AD (the fiddle would not actually be invented for another 1500 years).
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 20:52:55

I would like to give Santa and his worshippers a visit from Krampus
His consumerist message is killing the planet.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 00:23:54

Pops wrote:Good game!
My perennial nominee will always be the Koch boys ...
They should definitely get a lump of coal in their Xmas stockings.
Oh, wait ... they already have a few Mt of it.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 08:17:35

My perpetual nominee is as always the Federal Reserve board and owners. How we were ever so stupid as to allow a private bank to control our money supply instead of the treasury department is bizarre in the extreme, and after 100 years we can see they have done us no favors at all 'managing' our economy.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:14:41

I nominate the former members who got bored talking to us and then went away. Some of them I really miss, others at least gave me different viewpoints to think about.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Open Topic Discussion