Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Gut bacteria- the real diet problem?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Gut bacteria- the real diet problem?

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Tue 17 Dec 2013, 20:47:04

I'm skeptical about everything, however gullible at the same time. I've heard alot recently about the dangers of Candida overgrowth in people's stomach's; leading to fatigue, sleeplessness, low sex drive, illness ect. However probiotics in yogurt and other foods are expensive. I'm worried it is just another marketing gimmick, with no real benefit. In the famous words of Bruce Lee, the key to losing weight is 'eat less, and move more', to gain weight, 'eat more, and move less'.

The following advertisement link, suggests that within a few weeks of taking pro biotic supplements you will have a 'magic moment', where everything will seem alright again with life:

http://keybiotics.com/video_toon12.php

Yet, I'm skeptical. Could it be worse than any other diet fad? What are the real risks of loading your gut with billions of other novel microbes? is candida bacteria really that bad? Will this really defeat the evil plans of Donald Rumsfield and other mega-crooks who have led my diet down a road of no return, as suggested in the above video link? (Slow news day, I felt like posting something)
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Gut bacteria- the real diet problem?

Unread postby dissident » Tue 17 Dec 2013, 21:39:16

The best cure for candida overgrowth is to ease off the easily digestible carbs (e.g. sugar and the starches found in bread, potatoes, rice, etc.). It's hard to take seriously any "cure" that ignores the fundamental link between diet and candida.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Return to Open Topic Discussion