Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Graphs of the Year

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Graphs of the Year

Unread postby Loki » Wed 01 Jan 2014, 01:14:08

A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Re: Graphs of the Year

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 01 Jan 2014, 08:48:24

I am partial to this on, I think the story it tells is compelling.

II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Pops » Wed 01 Jan 2014, 09:27:06

I guess this is my favorite because if you ignore everything below the black line, you can read anything you want into that little green patch on top.

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 01 Jan 2014, 09:38:13

Pops wrote:I guess this is my favorite because if you ignore everything below the black line, you can read anything you want into that little green patch on top.

Hey Pops, can you split that graph into one showing just declining production countries in one sde and just increasing ones on the other? The one you use tells the world total story, but I think the gainers are more interesting than the total world.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Economics & Finance