Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US–Mexico High-Speed Railway Proposed

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Unread postby Graeme » Sat 25 Jan 2014, 17:51:06

A proposed high-speed rail line between the U.S. and Mexico could improve trade, reduce travel time, and increase tourism between the two countries.

Representative Henry Cuellar – who represents a crazy-shaped district in Texas that runs from the west side of San Antonio, around to the south of the city, then takes a sharp left to the Rio Grande above Laredo and down to McAllen – is the author of the idea. Rep. Cuellar, Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Commissioner Jeff Austin, and Mexican officials met with U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx to discuss the plan on Thursday.

The proposed high-speed rail line would run from San Antonio, Texas to Monterrey, Mexico through Laredo, Texas. The trip, which usually takes five hours to drive, not including stops, would take less than two hours on a high-speed train.

cleantechnica
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Re: US–Mexico High-Speed Railway Proposed

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 25 Jan 2014, 18:26:40

What is his obsession with high speed rail when Amtrak alone could use several billion dollars just to bring long section of track up to reasonable comfort levels for travelers? Fix what we have before you throw loads of cash down the rat hole!
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to North America Discussion