Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Real Estate Pt 2 (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Real Estate Pt 2 (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 06 Dec 2013, 09:27:53

Talked to a Realtor yesterday who very sincerely told me that the foreclosure glut is over and now the real estate field is turning back into a sellers market. Time will tell.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Real Estate (merged)

Unread postby Revi » Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:39:05

I don't know if it's a good or a bad time to buy real estate. I have come to the conclusion that it's nice to have real estate that pays it's taxes. I had a bunch of small properties that I sold because they were not paying their way. They were awesome, but they were not the kind of thing that a small time person like me could afford to keep. I had a quarter share of an island off the coast of Maine which I sold at a small price to a conservation organization and another piece was a waterfall that used to be a mill site which I sold. I made a little off of that one, but I still miss them a little.

I still have a half share of a maple sugarhouse and a 1/8 share of a wharf, but they are getting sold before I retire. They are fun, but maybe I can live without them in order to keep eating....
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:46:13

They way he explained it the property I am putting up for sale is in a county where in 2012 there were 1100 properties for sale and average lag between offer and sale was 9 months, in December 2013 the inventory of properties for sale has fallen to 600 and lag time has fallen to 90 days.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Investors outbidding families in real estate market

Unread postby americandream » Fri 06 Dec 2013, 19:09:02

rangerone314 wrote:And the destruction of the middle class continues.

When the wealthy eventually run out of speculative bubbles with which to rob the middle class of its wealth and fruits of its labor, then the wealthy will transfer all their wealth overseas

They will ditch what will be a barren shell of a country for better shores, and leave the former middle class wondering how the US got to be a Third World Country.

By the time the middle class in this country gets angry enough to break out the pitchforks and torches, the rich will be long gone.

When you get down to it, the rich will end up being not much different than a snatch & run purse snatcher. Same mentality as a CEO that nosedives their company into the ground and retires with a $100,000,000 golden parachute.

Clear and succinct.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 07 Dec 2013, 12:40:55

The realestate agent told me that in the last year bundling companies like Trump Investments had come into the market and bought X value in foreclosed houses sight unseen. Then they sent their own agents through and evaluated the saleability of the individual properties and resold them on the market at realistic prices. In the process they soaked up millions of foreclosed properties and put them back into the market at real value rates instead of foreclosure value rates and basically eliminated the low cost foreclosure logjam.

In Monroe county Michigan home values increased 18% over last year because all the foreclosure homes disappeared off the market. This has made the cities and towns very happy because property values up means property taxes up.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Open Topic Discussion