Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Impeach Obama 2014

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Impeach Obama 2014

Unread postby timmac » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 02:04:29

This is going to be a great year folks, Obama and his welfare democraps need to be sent a message and impeach them all..

South Dakota wants to impeach President Obama. They’ll have to get in line.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/23/south-dakota-wants-to-impeach-president-obama-theyll-have-to-get-in-line/

Among the many political imperatives identified by the South Dakota Republican Party for 2014 this past weekend was impeaching President Obama for violating "his oath of office in numerous ways." The reasons given for wanting to impeach the president were the newly proposed regulations on power plants from the Environmental Protection Agency and the captive swap that led to Bowe Bergdahl's return. Dr. Allen Unruh sponsored the resolution. He told the Argus Leader that he has a "thick book on impeachable offenses of the president."

Some on right push to impeach Obama

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/02/5019569/time-to-impeach-obama.html

WASHINGTON For many on the far political right, it’s high time to charge President Barack Obama with high crimes and misdemeanors.

The “I-word” – impeachment _ is creeping back into the political lexicon nearly 16 years after the House of Representatives impeached President Bill Clinton for lying under oath about his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

[smilie=headbang.gif] [smilie=toothy9.gif]
timmac
Permanently Banned

Re: Impeach Obama 2014

Unread postby timmac » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:44:58

Time to Impeach Dictator Obama: National Weekly Tea Party Address

http://youtu.be/-I6Y5ZTot2M
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:48:29

What a bunch of stupid twats.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby timmac » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:50:22

PrestonSturges wrote:What a bunch of stupid twats.

Oh yea how so...

:badgrin:
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:55:04

These inbred goobers raised on lead paint chips in the parts of the country whose economies are based on money redistributed from the liberal states and whatever they earn from crystal meth.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 04:03:38

The reasons given for wanting to impeach the president were the newly proposed regulations on power plants from the Environmental Protection Agency and the captive swap that led to Bowe Bergdahl's return. Dr. Allen Unruh sponsored the resolution. He told the Argus Leader that he has a "thick book on impeachable offenses of the president."

The impeachment clause has nothing to do with how a federal office holder does his job. We have no "vote of confidence," we don't have a parliamentary system.

Impeachment is for criminality, "high crimes and misdemeanors." It's just what it says, it's for if a president or congressman or federal judge commits a genuine "felony" (high crime) or 1st degree misdemeanor.

Questions about whether the president is misinterpreting his authority and the law, are up to the courts and ultimately supreme court. That's the final word on that, not impeachment and senate trial.

I'm not up on all this news lately but I heard something about Boehner filing suit against Obama. So that will go through the courts, and if a president ever defied the court then it's up to Congress to impeach for that.

A genuine issue right now are all the executive orders.

Obama has a point in that Congress just won't pass anything, and there's boring things that do need done like bridges built and such.

He's definitely going too far on immigration -- Congress has been do-nothing on EVERYTHING, so it's really not good there, it's Congress that is creating an imperial presidency by refusing to legislate anything at all.

I predict SCOTUS would rule against Boehner -- the court isn't eager to jump in on executive authority, or meddle with the legislative branch.

O has a point on some of the executive orders, but the immigration is an overreach. Maybe some of the environmental exec orders are overreach, too.

I don't really like the executive orders though, we don't want a dictatorship with rule by president. The way our system is supposed to work is that things are supposed to fall apart and go to hell in a handbasket and then voters vote for a different congress.

A president shouldn't be just doing what he wants to even though Congress won't, unless it's a dire immediate natl emergency. Having said that, no it's not impeachable, all congress can do is sue him and it's up to SCOTUS.
Last edited by Sixstrings on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 04:12:19, edited 3 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby timmac » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 04:04:23

PrestonSturges wrote:These inbred goobers raised on lead paint chips in the parts of the country whose economies are based on money redistributed from the liberal states and whatever they earn from crystal meth.

Hey PrestonSturges is this you..

http://youtu.be/QJgRO2JHH9Y
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 04:16:32

And Obama shouldn't joke "so sue me."

A lawsuit is a serious challenge to him overstepping his authority under the law, and if it wants to, the SCOTUS can curtail his authority and correct him on his interpretation of his powers.

It really is overreach, this leads to imperial presidency and dictatorship, it's really not good and the next Republican president would have all these powers too so it's not good.

If Congress won't legislate then we the American people just have to suffer and let the place fall apart and let enough pain happen for voters to vote for different kinds of reps.

(my concern is that SCOTUS will wind up codifying an imperial presidency as constitutional -- Dems also have a point that it would be easier if Republicans would just legislate and make compromises and address problems and then we wouldn't be in this boat)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 06:12:39

Considering the time it takes to sue or impeach anyone it would be a waste of time to start such proceedings now. Better to just wait out the 931 days he has left and have the subpoenas and warrants ready on that day. The statute of limitations will not have run out on any of it in the mean time. If the 2014 elections go well Congress might pass some useful legislation with veto proof majorities in the meantime as the remaining Democrats in the Senate will see the coming sea change and not want to be found culpable in all the administrations fiasco's.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 06:58:29

Well sure, because, you know:

''You lie!''

—Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC), shouting out a retort during Obama's address before a joint session of Congress, after Obama said his health care plan would not cover illegal immigrants, Sept. 9, 2009

''The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel.'''

—Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care reform plan, Aug. 7, 2009

''This was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.''

—Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, about the war in Afghanistan (July 2, 2010)

''My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.''

—Ann Coulter

These go on forever, I'd post more but it is depressing, just one more:

''We're very excited. It's exactly what we wanted, and we got it.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) on the government shutdown, as quoted by the Washington Post, Sept. 29, 2013

These are funer:

Homescholers for Perry! :lol:

''We're not going to be disrespected. We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is.''

—Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-IN) on the government shutdown, Oct. 1, 2013
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 07:10:04

Waste of time, at this point in our history Attila the Hun could be President and Congress would still sit on their hands doing not much of anything for their big fat cat salaries.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Lore » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 07:11:56

This is a lot of nonsense that will do nothing more than bring out the Democratic base in the midterm elections. So, no wonder Obama says; " bring it on."

The only reason John Boehner is bringing up the specter of a go no where law suit is to placate the fringe right and stall them from making a bone headed move to start an impeachment proceeding before the elections. The knuckle draggers in the Tea Party have already alienated the women's and minorities vote through the activist right leaning SCOTUS. Let's see if they can add to their pain.

The imperial presidency was started by Obama's predecessor, George W. How soon we forget the authoritarian grab over Congress orchestrated by Karl Rove and gang to implement the wars and the patriot act. In fact, Obama has made fewer executive orders then any President since Grover Cleveland.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 07:36:06

I remember way back when a buddy of mine, a really nice guy, told me about some talk radio jock in Sacramento who was just hilarious. This was way back before Rush became a syndicated show, 1980-something. I tuned it in, this was in the Howard Stern "shock jock" days so I expected some funny, school-boys-nasty jokes but here was this guy ranting about things I'd never thought of as if they are the end of modern civilization, "feminazis" sticks in my brain,.

I was really surprised that my bud, who is such a nice, well like guy, could relate to all that bile. Rush, Beck, whoever, have this kind of sissy, passive aggressiveness that I just don't get but really struck a vein with white males of a certain age - my age actually, LOL. I couldn't figure out why white guys my age would feel so bullied. I was talking to my boss at the time and Rush came up. My boss was a second generation owner, a very fair and generous old-fashioned one-percenter. He said 'it's just entertainment, but he's right you know...'

I was kinda shocked Rush was able to connect with these guys but actually I was surprised there was so much hate - directed at just about everyone - there to tap into. I guess we are of the generation who let women get out of hand, not to mention letting the blacks forget their place; we even let our kids become spoiled by sparing the rod. Dittoheading Rush is like being a sycophant to a tough guy, it makes us feel tough. To be honest, I think he and all these "entertainers" kind of made this whole tantrum possible, acceptable, inevitable really.

After all, every other group has their victimhood, why not well-off white guys?

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby toolpush » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 07:43:15

I know this isn't my fight, but this little problem with the IRS and the dog eating the home work, sorry my computer crashed, excuse to me, as an outsider has the same feel as tricky Dickey back in the seventies. The only thing different is that it is so amateurish it is laughable, but the only reason all these computers could crash so conveniently is that they contained information leading to much higher places. Once people start to crack, or some decent forensics are done on those so called crash discs then "duck and cover" will become all the rage again.

I can hear, Obama's defense already, "don't be ridiculous, I am more computer literate then, to suggest that all that information could be lost due one computer crash", and who could argue against it? This has to be one big time bomb for the Democrats.
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Lore » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 08:05:46

toolpush wrote:I know this isn't my fight, but this little problem with the IRS and the dog eating the home work, sorry my computer crashed, excuse to me, as an outsider has the same feel as tricky Dickey back in the seventies. The only thing different is that it is so amateurish it is laughable, but the only reason all these computers could crash so conveniently is that they contained information leading to much higher places. Once people start to crack, or some decent forensics are done on those so called crash discs then "duck and cover" will become all the rage again.

I can hear, Obama's defense already, "don't be ridiculous, I am more computer literate then, to suggest that all that information could be lost due one computer crash", and who could argue against it? This has to be one big time bomb for the Democrats.

Just another attempt in the long litany of conspiracy theories meant to keep the right wing base fired up. Like Fast and Furious, Benghazi. Darrell Issa has just got to keep the ball rolling. The bomb is that it's another waste of the tax payers money spending time on this crap rather then going about the business of doing the nations real work.

How about we fire all of Congress and take them to court for accepting a paycheck while doing nothing?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby toolpush » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 08:22:45

Lore,

You maybe be right, but the "crime" in this one will not be what ever the IRS was accused of, it will be the amateurish cover up, or attempted cover up. With what has come out already, people will have to go, just for not keeping secure records. But as the story unfolds as to who directed it all and who is willing to fall on their swords for the greater cause, only time will tell.
The line, to paraphrase, "the dog ate my homework" is like a red flag to a bull for the Republicans. It says quite bluntly, yes there are things you would love to read in those emails, but you aren't going to get to see them, in a childish school yard way.
As I said before it will be the cover up they will be nailed for not the original charge of going after the Tea baggers.
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 08:28:15

It worked so well for Gingrich last time.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Lore » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 08:48:47

toolpush wrote:Lore,

You maybe be right, but the "crime" in this one will not be what ever the IRS was accused of, it will be the amateurish cover up, or attempted cover up. With what has come out already, people will have to go, just for not keeping secure records. But as the story unfolds as to who directed it all and who is willing to fall on their swords for the greater cause, only time will tell.
The line, to paraphrase, "the dog ate my homework" is like a red flag to a bull for the Republicans. It says quite bluntly, yes there are things you would love to read in those emails, but you aren't going to get to see them, in a childish school yard way.
As I said before it will be the cover up they will be nailed for not the original charge of going after the Tea baggers.

Unfolds to what? First, you have to prove that the records exist and hiding them was a deliberate coverup. So far, all you have is supposition with the likelihood of going nowhere as with all the other conspiracies. Then you have to tie this somehow to the upper levels of the administration. It's nothing more than a right wing circle jerk.

It's a complete diversion to keep the public's mind off the do nothing Congress. As if this hoopla represents the most important problem currently facing the country.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby toolpush » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 09:32:09

Lore wrote:
toolpush wrote:

Unfolds to what? First, you have to prove that the records exist and hiding them was a deliberate coverup. So far, all you have is supposition with the likelihood of going nowhere as with all the other conspiracies. Then you have to tie this somehow to the upper levels of the administration. It's nothing more than a right wing circle jerk.

It's a complete diversion to keep the public's mind off the do nothing Congress. As if this hoopla represents the most important problem currently facing the country.

Hasn't the IRS man, admitted to congress they lost records? That means they didn't back them up as required. Yes? Now I think it is six computers of higher rank officials have also crashed and lost data, No back up? Not complying with IRS regulations/law? So that means your upper level should be sacked for non compliance. And what was this about everybody having laptops with they took home with them each night containing personal tax records? Will that stand that light of scrutiny on security of information grounds?
There is very little data that can't be retrieved from hard drives with the correct forensic software, so unless all the crashes mentioned involved a two pound hammer that accidentally fell on them, then once the defunct HDD are finally surrendered then all assorts of information may be reveled.

But as I keep on repeating, it will be the evidence of a cover up that will cause the problem, especially as the main IRS speaker doesn't seem all to familiar with computers.

PS. I am certainly no right wing nut, but just giving an outside view from afar. I don't mean this to be offensive, but you do seem to be a tad defensive about all this, you don't have any skin the game do you? As in party membership or the like.
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Lore » Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:07:04

I apologize if I sound defensive. I meant to sound disgusted by the complete waste of time in these on going witch hunts conducted in the style and purpose of the Spanish Inquisition.

And yes, you'd think with all those people over at the IRS some loose end would show up somewhere.

Personally, my skin in this game as a progressive is not satisfied by either party in power. See my signiture.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion