Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Cynk Technology shares suspended after surging 23,000%

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Cynk Technology shares suspended after surging 23,000%

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 16:18:17

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-28270266

The US Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has suspended trading in Cynk Technology after shares in the little-known social networking firm surged more than 23,000% in the past month.

Documents showed the firm - which is registered in Nevada with an office in Belize City, Belize - had no revenue and one employee.

Shares in Cynk jumped from six cents in early June to $13.90 (£8.11) on Thursday, despite uncertainty about its business and revenue structure. That values places the firm at a valuation of close to $4bn - just slightly above the valuation of airline JetBlue.

Looks like someone’s "pump-n-dump" scheme went critical!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Cynk Technology shares suspended after surging 23,000%

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 16:24:55

It all depends, if he one employee is legit then they have server farms full o software and a working network. If so kudo's for managing to buil a $4,000,000,000.00 company single handed.

On the other hand people being less than perfectly honest I will be intersted to see what happens next.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 16:32:30

" had no revenue and one employee."
Someone else is most likely driving up the share price, these "pump-n-dump" schemes usually only cause a small jump in value, but maybe it's a sign of the times and desperation to grow money that the big boys appear to have been sucked in.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 16:42:50

Do you remember the dot.com bubble? The big trade groups and companies were buying every stock that had an internet presence no matter how minor their real world presence was. It did not end well. I don't think the lone employee of Cynk managed to do this by themselves, if they did they are bright enough to become extremely wealthy oing legitimate work.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 16:55:14

Yes, I remember it all too well, looks like It's back again!
As I said, I think that someone else (not the MD of the company) has pumped it and somehow it went into orbit. What IS surprising is that the stock hasn't been "dumped" and the price collapse which is the usual trend.
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 17:52:09

"It did not end well."

Capital did very well on the way up and on the way down.

"they are bright enough to become extremely wealthy doing legitimate work."

Capital won't be hiring you anytime soon.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 17:58:04

Something like this may have happened. :badgrin:
http://youtu.be/GgGossqGRd4
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 18:23:53

The system of Capital is deliberately made opaque to the souls who do NOT have privilege. Do the farm animals know whats going on before they head to slaughter?

Go to your local commercial bank and request a loan to start a business to surge a stock by 23,000%. Tell the loan officer it is legitimate work. Why was your loan application denied?
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Return to Economics & Finance