Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN

Unread postby timmac » Wed 16 Jul 2014, 22:33:19

FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN – Complete With Tennis Courts, Sauna & Pools (Updated)

The beautiful Palm Aire resort and hotel has an indoor Olympic sized pool and an outdoor pool. Free Wi-Fi and cable TV are included in the simply decorated guest rooms.

The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites is set to be sold to Baptist Child & Family Services (BCFS) operating under a federal contract, pending local government approval, according to reports from Weslaco, Texas where the hotel is located. Weslaco is a few miles north of the Rio Grande in Hidalgo County.

The resort hotel for illegal alien children is reportedly the ‘first in the nation’.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/feds-to-open-50-million-resort-hotel-for-illegal-children-complete-with-tennis-courts-sauna-pools/
timmac
Permanently Banned

Re: FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 16 Jul 2014, 22:49:17

I know $50 million dollars is a lot to you and me, but as far as a gov program goes, that's pretty darn cheap. 8O

This is actually a good example of government working with Christian charity groups -- isn't that what Republicans have been hammering on about for decades now? Faith-based charity / gov partnerships?

From tin's article:

The Obama administration has awarded a $50 million contract to a charitable group to buy a Texas resort hotel and transform it in to a 600 bed facility for juvenile illegal aliens.

The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites is set to be sold to Baptist Child & Family Services (BCFS) operating under a federal contract, pending local government approval, according to reports from Weslaco, Texas where the hotel is located.

So what's the problem with that? Sure, the Army or FEMA could set up emergency accomodations for many times the cost of this.

But here's a case of gov doing something smart, and working with a charity that can do things more efficiently.

It's nice to see that Christians and churches are started to realize these are CHILDREN and you can't just have them packed in a holding tank that looks like a Guatamalan prison. And Glenn Beck has done the right thing too, sending aid down there.

And it's good the Obama admin is doing something smart and just cutting a check to a charity that can get this handled fast, because government works too slow otherwise.

I will grant that we can't do too much of this, it could just attract more, but I also doubt that parents give their kids up willy nilly to push them across the border.

We can do some of this and do the right thing and take care of these minor refugees and take other measures later if it becomes overwhelming. Which I don't see happening -- they are kids. We're not going to be invaded by kids and have our preps stolen.

Adult illegal immigrants are another matter, but you have to take care of kids, this is like the baby on the doorstep stories in the Bible.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 16 Jul 2014, 23:09:50

And I'll tell you something else, I'm more bothered by the hundreds of billions in giveaways our elite get than I am with $50 million and 600 kids get a pool to swim in.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby timmac » Wed 16 Jul 2014, 23:14:06

$50 million is just the start, did you see the wages they are going to charge our tax dollars, $10 to $45 per hr and that's just the starter, this will end up in a few years costing us 100's of millions of dollars, even though it has a nice religious tone to it, its still wasted tax dollars on non citizens..

I see many legal children in America living in far worse conditions and now illegals will have this once they come over, lets also not forget the free medical and dental that we will be paying out as well while they are staying at camp Hollywood..

:x
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby timmac » Wed 16 Jul 2014, 23:21:11

Also as a legal citizen I dare anyone of you drive up to Canada and than try and return to America without a passport, you will be turned around to go back to Canada and get your paper work straight before you can re enter your country, FACT..

So why don't we do the same to the illegal children, if they have no passport than turn around and swim or walk your ass back as a citizen would be treated trying the same thing, would I be given a camp Hollywood to stay while getting my paper work, the answer is NO...

:shock:
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:25:03

This story is pretty much a hoax from start to finish and aimed at the usual stupid twats who believe this sort of thing.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Beery1 » Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:40:21

Looks like a cheap motel to me, and my local community park has better amenities than that.

Another example of the loony right-wingnuts casting desperately about for a story they can get all worked up about.
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:47:56

Here's another hoax

PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 17 Jul 2014, 14:52:39

Sixstrings wrote:I will grant that we can't do too much of this, it could just attract more.....

We've already attracted more. That's the problem.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 17 Jul 2014, 15:17:00

Right wing media, web sites, and Fox News are broadcasting 24/7 that illegals will get "amnesty" and a lifetime of free stuff.

Again, none of this is true, but with the entire Republican Party promising illegals free stuff, why shouldn't they believe it?
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion