Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

halo

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

halo

Unread postby JV153 » Sun 27 Jul 2014, 14:33:36

So...

in 2008 I was walking down a foyer in Finland (ground floor foyer of the Jyväskylä Institute of Applied Automation Technology) and a lecturer who I know walks in front of me walking the same way. He just happened to be there as I was walking in. Suddenly, a halo (a circular ring) of light appears above his head, appearing to float about 4 cm above his head, as bright as the filament in an incandescent light bulb but about 2.5 cm in height, with a circular cross section and with sub-vortices of light whirling within it and with edges and centre of more diffuse and weaker light. This lecturer proceeded to walk into an elevator, with this halo present and as the doors of the elevator closed, whatever this light was couldn't go through the solid steel doors, and the light winked out to a point and then disappeared as the steel elevator doors completely closed blocking my view.

I didn't see anything unusual about this lecturer's hair or head during this incident (other than the ring of what looked like lightning). I didn't hear any crackling or noise emanating from his hair when this appeared, nor did I see anything else unusual about his person. As far as I know he doesn't perform on any magician's or illusionist's circuit (or show) of any kind.

I questioned a few people afterwards if they had seen anything unusual about the lecturers or anything else in that building during their lectures being careful not to mention anything specific, including those students who had seen this lecturer at some point. They said they hadn't seen anything unusual. I directly asked the lecturer who worked in the same cubicle as the person above whose head this halo appeared if he had ever seen anything unusual about this person, or anything else unusual in the building, and he replied "no".

The entire atmosphere of the place was subdued, the students seemed grumpy and talked little.

Can't explain this, even now. Never seen anything like it anywhere, ever.
Really threw me off.
JV153

Re: halo

Unread postby timmac » Sun 27 Jul 2014, 16:20:36

Interesting..

Did you know if this person was a creationist or a evolutionists
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 27 Jul 2014, 18:23:56

I think I had a Migraine aura (Video), but no headache.

Not too much resemblance to what you describe. What was the duration?
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby JV153 » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 12:25:56

Keith_McClary wrote:I think I had a Migraine aura (Video), but no headache.

Not too much resemblance to what you describe. What was the duration?

No, I can tell you it wasn't a migraine aura. The duration of the phenomenon was a few seconds.
JV153

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 12:53:18

A friend of mine's wife is a witch and said I had a green aura. I don't see it myself, and nobody else has commented on it to me so I guess if they see it it doesn't bother them and it doesn't really bother me so I just live with it.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 13:28:36

No one seems to be able to see my halo which is unusual because I am quite clearly a Saint.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 13:40:51

JV153 wrote:No, I can tell you it wasn't a migraine aura. The duration of the phenomenon was a few seconds.
How about something like this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20424112
(I only read the abstract.)
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:03:22

Quinny wrote:No one seems to be able to see my halo which is unusual because I am quite clearly a Saint.

That brings back memories!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JV153 » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 03:12:32

timmac wrote:Interesting..

Did you know if this person was a creationist or a evolutionists

Don't know. He was a Lucky Luke, wild wild west man though. All joking aside, I have excellent 25/20 vision and the description of the event in my original post is not a joke.

He also said something about the messenger game or the broken telephone line.

After, in a strange meeting that seemed to be spontaneous, another lecturer (along with the person whom I saw this halo appear around) at this same institution said, "You want one of these ?" while taking his finger and making a clear gesture by moving it around the top of his head in a circle.
JV153

Return to Open Topic Discussion