Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

AG Eric Holder calling it quits

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

AG Eric Holder calling it quits

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:55:33

Eric Holder is announcing his resignation today. My main question is, will his replacement be more law enforcing, or more law ignoring than he has been?

Huffpost says
WASHINGTON -- Attorney General Eric Holder, the first African-American to hold the nation’s top law enforcement position, plans to announce on Thursday that he will resign the post he’s held for nearly six years as soon as a successor can be confirmed.

Holder plans to make the announcement, which was first reported by NPR’s Carrie Johnson, at at press conference at the White House on Thursday afternoon. The 63-year-old will call his tenure as attorney general in the “greatest honor” of his professional life, according to a Justice Department official.

The White House has not announced a candidate to replace Holder, who has a close personal relationship with President Barack Obama. Holder had discussed his plans with Obama on several occasions over the last few month, and finalized his plans at the White House residence over Labor Day weekend, according to a DOJ official. If Holder stays in office until December, he will become the third-longest serving attorney general in the history of the United States.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: AG Eric Holder calling it quits

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:56:03

It will be interesting to see who Obama appoints to the job. Will he look for someone to carry on in spite of opposition or go for someone that can get confirmed easily and take his chances?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Re: AG Eric Holder calling it quits

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 26 Sep 2014, 08:39:24

Senate is confirming without 60 votes. He'll go with someone that will advance his policy objectives, and the Dem majority in the Senate will rubber stamp the nominee.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion