Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Animal Cruelty for trapping, eating 'coon and squirrel

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Animal Cruelty for trapping, eating 'coon and squirrel

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:56:15

Authorities say a Monmouth County man trapped and ate raccoons and squirrels.

Police have charged Aleksandr Borykan, 30 of Ocean Township with animal cruelty.

link

The world has lost it's mind.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Animal Cruelty for trapping, eating 'coon and squirrel

Unread postby Deputy Barnes » Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:19:23

Good, give that Slav the death penalty.
"The most common lie is the lie that one tells to oneself" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Vote Republican.
Deputy Barnes
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 26 Oct 2014, 14:58:27

Deputy Barnes wrote:Good, give that Slav the death penalty.

Is he an immigrant?

I guess a lot of immigrants don't know that New Jersey isn't the wildlands of Siberia. He should of immigrated out west or deep south or Alaska and he could hunt and fish and nobody bother him.

But really I don't see the outrage Cid -- it depends on what kind of area it was. If you live in the hollar or woods, then fine it's okay to have squirrel and coon traps out, but if you're living in settled suburbia then no you cannot do that.

Nobody in the darn suburb wants a neighbor that's got coons stuck in a trap. I'm reminded of my sister that lived in a nice gated community, and one of the houses got packed with Haitians somehow and they were all doing something with fish in the yard all the time that stunk to high heaven.

There's just some things you cannot do in settled suburbia, that's just how it is. If you want country living then you gotta live in the country.

EDIT: ok sorry, actually I get it the outrage is the ANIMAL CRUELTY charge. Yes that is outrageous, now this guy will have that on his record and that's horrible. If it's misdemeanor I suppose that won't show on background checks, but if it ever does then people assume "animal cruelty" is regarding pets and that's a horrible person anyone with that on their record.

That is totally outrageous -- the charge should be for illegal hunting, the illegal trap violation was charge enough, they can't go throwing on bogus charges just because they want to. It's not "cruel" to hunt and eat coon and squirrels, you can't do that in a suburb or nice gated community but it's not "animal cruelty."
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Deputy Barnes » Sun 26 Oct 2014, 18:00:53

I'm not sure how old you are, but these days background checks do include misdemeanor arrests, as well as police detentions.

Sixstrings wrote:
Deputy Barnes wrote:Good, give that Slav the death penalty.

Is he an immigrant?

I guess a lot of immigrants don't know that New Jersey isn't the wildlands of Siberia. He should of immigrated out west or deep south or Alaska and he could hunt and fish and nobody bother him.

But really I don't see the outrage Cid -- it depends on what kind of area it was. If you live in the hollar or woods, then fine it's okay to have squirrel and coon traps out, but if you're living in settled suburbia then no you cannot do that.

Nobody in the darn suburb wants a neighbor that's got coons stuck in a trap. I'm reminded of my sister that lived in a nice gated community, and one of the houses got packed with Haitians somehow and they were all doing something with fish in the yard all the time that stunk to high heaven.

There's just some things you cannot do in settled suburbia, that's just how it is. If you want country living then you gotta live in the country.

EDIT: ok sorry, actually I get it the outrage is the ANIMAL CRUELTY charge. Yes that is outrageous, now this guy will have that on his record and that's horrible. If it's misdemeanor I suppose that won't show on background checks, but if it ever does then people assume "animal cruelty" is regarding pets and that's a horrible person anyone with that on their record.

That is totally outrageous -- the charge should be for illegal hunting, the illegal trap violation was charge enough, they can't go throwing on bogus charges just because they want to. It's not "cruel" to hunt and eat coon and squirrels, you can't do that in a suburb or nice gated community but it's not "animal cruelty."
"The most common lie is the lie that one tells to oneself" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Vote Republican.
Deputy Barnes
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dinopello » Sun 26 Oct 2014, 19:34:52

What does raccoon taste like?

It seems like they threw the book at him and the animal cruelty was just one of several more significant charges, but it stems from the use of leg hold traps I guess.

Police have charged Aleksandr Borykan, 30 of Ocean Township with animal cruelty. The state also charged him with illegal use of a leg hold trap, hunting without a license and hunting out of season.

Had he hunted in a legal manner at a legal time He could have made a kill video and posted it on youtube and there would be no problem.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 26 Oct 2014, 20:09:21

OK, I grew up in NJ and have a passing familiarity with the fish and game laws.

Animal Cruelty aside it sounds like he broke all the laws he is charged with. Been that way since I was a tot, that's a loooong time.

In fact he would have been in trouble in PA as well for breaking similar laws. You need to have a trappers license, use approved traps, stay within seasons and bag limits.

Re Animal Cruelty, is just piling on.

If you got arrested for eating squirrel I would be in deep dodo! :-D

It's my favorite meat, hickory feed wood rat. I hope to bag a few in a couple of weeks. Once season opens. I like it better than deer hunting, similar skill set, smaller, but more frequent target, and less to lug outta the woods.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 26 Oct 2014, 21:08:28

22WMR, Ruger heavy barrel.

All head shots. :)

Never ever any ambiguity, it's a hit or miss proposition.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Open Topic Discussion