Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Has anyone called you a crazy conspiracy theorist?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Has anyone called you a crazy conspiracy theorist?

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 02:51:54

Many people called me a crazy conspiracy theorist for explaining that the population of the Earth will have to be reduced without any fossil fuels. Many people think I'm crazy for saying the world is overpopulated, and that a Malthusian catastrophe WILL happen one day. They think that mankind will always come up with a magical solution to overcome the laws of nature.

I think they are delusional believing that mankind will always come up with a solution to his problems with technology. Do you realize technology has its limitations like everything? Eventually mankind will not be able to come with a technological innovation to save his ass. Also no amount of technology and ingenuity can save man from the laws of nature. Man's greatest arrogance is the belief that he can overturn the laws of nature, and somehow become god. It is not like that. We are subject to the same laws of nature as other animals on this planet. When there are no more resources around for mankind to use for his survival, no amount of technology or ingenuity will save him. Are you going to make an automobile out of shit lol? Or are you going to invent some way of surviving without food? I doubt either are going to happen.

For example, our population has been going into a massive overshoot because of fossil fuels. Since fossil fuels are nonrenewable, we will eventually run out of fossil fuels. And when we run out of fossil fuels, our massive overshoot in population will be met with a population crash. In other words after our population has been exponentially increasing for a century or two, our population will meet a massive decline in a very short period of time. Billions of people will die in a span of a few decades.

They believe I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist for stating that "human beings might have to resort to eating each other when there isn't enough food anymore". I believe human beings might start eating each other when there is literally nothing to eat but too many other human beings around.

I don't think I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist for stating facts. I don't believe I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist for telling the truth. I believe people who doubt my facts are just delusional.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Has anyone called you a crazy conspiracy theorist?

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 07:19:54

I don't worry much about what people think about me.
I dont waste too much of my time and energy trying to convert people.
I spend my time enjoying my life and planning the best I can for a life that needs less fossil fuels to run it.
Its fun and its a positive hobby,growing food and making stuff and up grading infrastructure to be more efficient.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 07:23:39

Not this morning.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 09:31:32

You are not a crazy conspiracy theorist.

You are delusional in thinking you can convince anyone else.

It has always been so, see Casandra.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

Or, more recently, The Matrix, the red pill leads you to the truth, but it's not comfortable.

Or Star Trek in dealing with the Borg. On a meta level the tension is the combined force of mindless society (represented by the Borg) fighting against the wisdom and will of the individual (Picard.)

These two popular dramas represent two sides of humanity. One is the desire to be a part of something bigger than ones self, which includes altruism, humanitarianism, self sacrifice, etc. survial of the group rests in their collective action, something that threatens the group is abhorrent in the group think.

Individuals have a greater capacity to wide ranging, deeper thought and analysis and action. Contemplating actions which threaten the group are not prohibited to the individual, as long as you do not share them.

That is why you, I, and many others are here. Annonimity allows you to speak your mind without retribution.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Quinny » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 09:45:20

I have been accused of being a conspiracy theorist, but it is of course bollocks. The only conspiracy might be governments and rulers keeping the facts from the people. Probably more ignorance than conspiracy though.

I actually take a contrary view Desu. Many PO antagonists are conspiracy theorists, who believe oil is plentiful/infinite and the price increases are a conspiracy by Government and Oilco's. This is of course bollocks!
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:17:47

It's not a crazy conspiracy if you have identifiable evidence to back up your statements. I've always believed that real conspiracies are never known and all others are mostly a result of paranoia in which a litany of imaginary circumstances are based on fear driven delusional thinking.

Where you lose most people is not in the facts but in connecting them to inevitable outcomes. Most people are adverse to looking at their own mortality let alone that which threatens the human species.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:53:09

Lore wrote:It's not a crazy conspiracy if you have identifiable evidence to back up your statements. I've always believed that real conspiracies are never known and all others are mostly a result of paranoia in which a litany of imaginary circumstances are based on fear driven delusional thinking.

Where you lose most people is not in the facts but in connecting them to inevitable outcomes. Most people are adverse to looking at their own mortality let alone that which threatens the human species.

The dooms day predictions of Michael Ruppert are well-supported by scientific empirical evidence. I don't care you don't admit that a population overshoot will be meet with a population crash afterwards. It is a law as fundamental as gravity and thermodynamics. All animals follow the same laws of nature.

Some people are arrogant and think that humans are exempt from the laws of nature because we are somehow more special than other animals. But I'm sorry to tell you, but humans are not exempt from the laws of nature. Humans are subject to the same laws of nature as other animals. Whenever a population of any species (be it bacteria in a petri dish or caribou in the arctic) meets a favorable circumstance and the population explodes upwards, there will be crash afterwards when the favorable circumstances are removed. When a population overshoot happens, there will be an inevitable population crash because there is just no way you can support your population when you run out of essential natural resources that are essential for your survival. When your population has grown way beyond the environment's carrying capacity, you will eventually run out of food, water, shelter and other essential natural resources. Thus your population will experience a population crash where the numbers of individuals in your population rapidly decreases in a very short amount of time.

Human population can't grow indefinitely because there is a limit to how many people this planet can support. And we've already passed this limit a long time ago. There are just WAY too many useless eaters as Alex Jones says. This planet has way too many people. And the ONLY reason our planet can support 7 billion people is with fossil fuels. Without fossil fuels, the population will crash an exponential pace...probably at a faster pace than it took to grow to such an astronomical number.

7 billion people is an astronomical number. I believe the crash will happen when the population reaches somewhere between 8 to 9 billion people. I believe the collapse of modern industrialized civilization will begin sometime between 2020 and 2030. And from 2030 onwards, we will see a major decline in the population on this planet as our oil supplies dwindle to zero.

By 2027, the world would only be able to produce 1/2 of the amount of oil it needs to consume to survive. With this 1/2 difference between demand and supply, the economy will have effectively totally collapses. Massive food shortages will start rioting and looting at first. And then cannibalism will happen when there is truly nothing left to eat other than other people. People will first eat all of the animals in the surrounding environment (including their pet dog and cat). And then people will start eating each other and resort to cannibalism. As unpleasant as cannibalism may be, you have to resort to it when there is nothing left to eat except for other people.

When societies collapse, all notions of morality and ethics are gone with it, and then anarchy and chaos ensures. Only after many decades later will there be a stable civilization that emerges out the ashes of modern civilization. And this new civilization will only survive if it is able to live in harmony with nature, rather than overpopulation and over-exploit the environment like what we are doing right now. Hopefully, mankind learns his mistakes the second time around, and doesn't end up making the same mistakes again. Remember those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 17:58:36

Lore had a masters in Doomology before you cut teeth DM, also has been confronting endless growthers persistently here for years. Before you jump to conclusions about posters who have been around a while, it's good practice to do some back reading.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby jupiters_release » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:08:16

Only get called a CT on internet forums, but when you learn to make jokes about the worst of reality, people get jarred because they're not used to that from "CTs" and will for the most part shut down their ridicule. Face the abyss, laugh at the abyss, and blue pillers will be paralyzed to respond. :-D
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:05:37

SeaGypsy wrote:Lore had a masters in Doomology before you cut teeth DM, also has been confronting endless growthers persistently here for years. Before you jump to conclusions about posters who have been around a while, it's good practice to do some back reading.

Some people believe that I am a crazy conspiracy theorist because I know for a fact that the human population is currently in overshoot and that there will be a crash in human population soon. I don't believe there is a single thing that can be done to prevent the population crash, as there is already too many human beings on this planet. The best we can do as a species is to prevent our population from growing anymore, so that when the crash happens it would be less catastrophic.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:08:27

Or its a slow grinding crash were people choose to have less children,famine, war and disease take their natural courses and it slowly works itself out to an equilibrium, over generations, just like in nature.
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:26:57

Shaved Monkey wrote:Or its a slow grinding crash were people choose to have less children,famine, war and disease take their natural courses and it slowly works itself out to an equilibrium, over generations, just like in nature.

I agree with that. With the exception of the children part.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 22:47:30

Are we assuming that the former 1st world middle class arent educated enough to think one more mouth to feed is going to make life harder ?
I less first world baby is worth many times less resources required compared to a 3rd world baby and the 3rd world baby quickly becomes an asset where the 1st world baby is a drag on resources until they get a job and move out.(good luck with that happening in the future)

Someone will have the figures I think it was 60 to 1 ???
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion