Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Anyone believes in Alex Jones?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Anyone believes in Alex Jones?

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:06:30

I've watched some of his videos on Youtube. His content is pretty cool overall although a lot of it would fall under the category of batshit insane conspiracy theory. Some of his theories make sense i.e. the federal reserve is corrupt and shouldn't exist. But other theories of his are crazy like the elite planning to get rid of most of the human population. I don't think the elite are interested in getting rid of most of the human population. Anyways, Alex Jones is a mixed bag. He is right on somethings, and wrong on other things.

What's your opinion on Alex Jones? Do you believe in his theories or not? What do you think of him?
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Anyone believes in Alex Jones?

Unread postby careinke » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:06:23

He kind of reminds me of a carnival barker.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:47:37

I view Alex Jones daily. However, he is not without his faults, these faults prove his authenticity.

You have to realize that his website is his bread and butter, this is how he supports himself and his family. He makes money from ad revenue and from fear mongering. I think he does the best he can, with what he has, what he has seems limited.

He was promoting some sort of vitamin therapy a few months ago and he started to wear a white lab coat in his advertisement videos for the product. As if he was a doctor or a clinician or something, if he believes this he is delusional. This let on to me that he doesn't have all his marbles intact.

Still you will find real news and stories there at infowars or Prison planet that you won't find anywhere else. This makes him a valued and essential part of the alternative media.
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 18:33:16

"Anyone believes in Alex Jones?"
I dont even think Alex Jones believes in Alex Jones.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 20:31:27

Alex is a more confused man's Rush. If that's possible?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Loki » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:36:56

Shaved Monkey wrote:"Anyone believes in Alex Jones?"
I dont even think Alex Jones believes in Alex Jones.

:lol:

I listen to a show every once in a while for shits and giggles. I've venture to guess most of his schtick is cynical opportunism, mixed in with large doses of pathological narcissism and just plain shit talking. There is the occasional hint of truth, though.

Michael Ruppert was a poor man's Alex Jones, but I suspect he believed most of what came out of his mouth, at least based on his 'Collapse' movie. I never listened to his podcasts.

I can't stand Jones' style of rant radio. If I want to hear fairy tales, I'd rather listen to Coast to Coast. Much more pleasant delivery style.

99% of my audio these days is either NPR or the country music station. I do listen to Kunstler religiously, but he only puts out a podcast once a month or so. C Realm and the Extraenvironmentalist podcasts are also good for alternative views on energy and economy issues.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Mon 03 Nov 2014, 05:25:45

And why would I believe IN him?

I don't like people telling me what to think; tell me how you see things, tell me the facts as you understand them but don't run some long line about truth and secrets that no one else knows. When someone says "here are the facts" it is as bad a warning as "trust me." I think it is too easy to put someone with a compelling delivery on the guru pedestal, whether it is a televangelist or conspiracist, an actor or just the hot stick down at the pool hall.

More and more we live in the world of the bumper sticker philosophy, the glib turn of phrase that finds a likely crevice in our brain and sticks there. Think of all the clever little quips you've heard over the last dozen years containing some form of "Obama" or "Bush." Those are not just funny little gibes, those are very effective tools to get in your head. I really do believe that what you think about has consequences. Directing the thought process is the reason we daydream, pray, meditate and plan. Spending too much time thinking about Lizard People (or whatever fantasy) and how they control your life may give you an excuse for not achieving the things you want, but doesn't seem very productive otherwise, to me anyway.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 03 Nov 2014, 05:47:18

Pretty sure he exists - his statements on PO are total BS!
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 03 Nov 2014, 06:25:23

Here's the thing about this.. at least you know Jones and his staff are looking for the absolute worst news about any given topic.

It's like the ebola thread, on this forum. Or like RT, you can read that just to get a broadsheet of Bad News About America.

So if you want to get a look at *everything possibly bad about something* then that's a good source. It's not all objective, it may not be balanced, but at least you're getting "all the bad news fit to print."

And sometimes they turn out right, like the CDC poster -- did Foxnews or MSNBC or CNN or Reuters or Time or AP or *anybody* other than blogs report on that? Nope. And it's a pretty big story, but there's still zip about it on CNN, and gee you'd think there's a public interest here in letting people know what the CDC is saying now.

6 feet, upgraded from 3 feet, upgraded from not airborne at all.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Open Topic Discussion