Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Costco makes me relaxed

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Costco makes me relaxed

Unread postby Narz » Mon 17 Nov 2014, 19:52:02

It's hard to be too stressed while at Costco. I find it soothing. And if I ever got stuck there during an emergency I know I'd have enough supplies for the rest of my life (except maybe water).

I know it's a big evil corporation but at least they don't use plastic bags.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Costco makes me relaxed

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:23:11

I've never been to one but based on the portrayals I can see why it is uplifting

They seem to treat their workers better than other discount merchants and I have had many 5lb bags of their Kirkland brand nuts that my roommate used to bring from her home for me to bake with. They are really good. The Walnuts were so big and meaty I suspect they are genetically engineered.

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 18 Nov 2014, 03:31:45

I've never been to costco (closest one is a bit of a drive), but you sure hear nothing but good news about them.

Cheap gas:

Gas price war started by Costco pushing prices down in Syracuse suburb
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/11/17/how-costco-plans-to-blow-past-100-billion-in-sales.aspx

They treat their workers better than a walmart etc., and they're profitable too:

Let's see what else have I read about costco.. something about a few of their "kirkland" brands, I didn't know about the walnuts dino but I've read something about they have some really good stuff under that store label. And the strategy is to keep people coming in for that stuff. Like a loss leader.

I'm sure they don't treat their workers great ( :lol: ) but I do like Dollar Tree, incidentally. Saves me a heck of a lot of money. All my toiletries, detergent, household stuff, cleaning stuff -- why pay more when you can get it for a dollar. There's just so many things that would cost $4 or $8 at a walmart and you can get at the darn dollar tree for a buck.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Narz » Tue 18 Nov 2014, 04:07:33

It's pretty impressive the amount of organic they have. They even have raw kale chips in bulk.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion