Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Economic Collapse and the US Military

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Economic Collapse and the US Military

Unread postby dashster » Fri 28 Nov 2014, 21:40:25

Found this paragraph in an engineering magazine talking about oil and renewables and at the end talking about financial meltdowns :

The legal hurdles in the U.S. have been cleared and the Presidential Directive exists for domestic use of military force and the virtually complete takeover of everything and everyone in U.S. jurisdiction under emergency government (FEMA) control. Yet few Americans have become alarmed. (Mind control works.) Under either of these scenarios, alternative power then becomes important and necessary.
dashster
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Economic Collapse and the US Military

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 28 Nov 2014, 22:23:33

I suppose he is correct. I found the overall article disjointed.

Does someone here have more info on explicitly what presidential directive he is talking about?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Gorm » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 06:02:25

That the goverment in any nation has the resposebility to, in times of disaster or a major threat to soceity at large, take charge is obvious. The rights/ownerships of individuals are null in those cases (say that individual man refuses to let choppers land on his ground to deliver a cure to a major disease, or bring in emergency help after an earthquake and so on). This has always been the case.

So, as a non-american person, whats new? What makes this worse then previous laws?
Gorm
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 06:18:25

If there truly is an economic collapse, how is the military going to get paid and what will they be paid with? You are talking about large numbers of young people who will be worried about friends and relatives outside the military, if you can't assure them you are doing the best then they won't stick around to enforce your decisions.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 08:33:24

Newfie wrote:I suppose he is correct. I found the overall article disjointed.

Does someone here have more info on explicitly what presidential directive he is talking about?

I know of no such Presidential Directive. If one existed it would be in violation of the "Posse Comitatus" act. This is a Federal Law enacted in 1892 following the Reconstruction period after the War of Northern Aggression. The law was revised in 1981. It bans the use of Federal Military Troops to enforce state laws or to enforce order during an insurrection. The 1981 revisions allow US state governors to order the National Guard (which are in fact Federal Troops) from their own state to act in Law Enforcement or Disaster Relief roles in either their own state or in a neighboring state after a request from the governor of that state.

The only military service exempted from Posse Comitatus is the US Coast Guard, which is part of Homeland Security during peacetime (it was part of the US Treasury Department prior to 9/11 after which Homeland Security was formed). The USCG has dual military and law enforcement roles in peacetime. During time of war, control of the USCG passes to the Department of Defense, and it is then subject to Posse Comitatus. Therefore the USCG law enforcement roles (but not search and rescue) are assumed by Border Patrol and US Customs Service during wartime.

During hurricane Katrina in 2005, POTUS G.W. Bush ordered several National Guards from several states, some as far away as California, to respond and provide disaster relief services in New Orleans under control of FEMA, and they immediately did so. Lawsuits were subsequently filed by several states, and this was quickly ruled a violation of Posse Comitatus. Bush then appointed a USCG Admiral to assume control of the Katrina relief efforts - including control of National Guard units - in Louisiana and other states, and by a narrow Federal Appellate Court decision, this was found legal because the USCG was acting in a Law Enforcement role.

When the Deepwater Horizon oil spill occurred in 2010, POTUS Obama attempted to dispatch several National Guard units and was uniformly rebuffed by four state governors, who then issued their own orders to dispatch the same NG resources to the same places to perform the same oil cleanup tasks. Obama then ordered the US Navy to join the cleanup and it responded and this was also deemed a violation of Posse Comitatus, long after the fact.

I know of no Presidential Directives or Executive Orders that change any of the above. I believe they would be illegal, Posse Comitatus is Federal Law. I also believe that the precedents above show that any military troops are likely to respond to any mission the POTUS orders them on, and the subsequent legal maneuverings between the POTUS and the state governors will happen later.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Northwest Resident » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 14:10:15

Newfie, KaiserJeep -- Here it is:

Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” on Dec. 29, 2010

http://dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/302518p.pdf

There is NO DOUBT but that the U.S. Military is preparing for massive civil unrest (riot, mayhem, etc...) on U.S. soil.

As far back as 2010, in the U.S. Military Joint Operational Environment, where top military strategists describe future security threats, there is discussion on the coming oil crises and discussion related to the anticipated domestic security threats.

http://www.fas.org/man/eprint/joe2010.pdf

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all
Northwest Resident
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 19:22:29

Thanks for the info.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 20:01:07

I note that that Directive was written right after four state governors refused to allow Obama to order National Guard resources to respond to the oil spill.

I just cannot recall when he was promoted from POTUS to Emperor.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:11:17

KaiserJeep wrote:I note that that Directive was written right after four state governors refused to allow Obama to order National Guard resources to respond to the oil spill.

I just cannot recall when he was promoted from POTUS to Emperor.

It is disturbing. He is probably the best president the Republicans ever had. He is effecting a very Republican agenda, making the Democrats ineffective, and rallying others against him, and the next Democrat candidate. A trifecta.

As noted elsewhere I've been afraid of a hard reactionary (strong leader) swing in the 2016 election for a long time. I fear O may be feeding just that. So far it's not as bad as I feared, but there is still time.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:34:18

Related:

"Climate change threatens national security, Pentagon says"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/chec ... agon-says/

This point was given several times in the past.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vox_mundi » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:45:23

This stuff has been going on since 2001. link and link.

The directives you linked to are updates of prior directives. KJ is referring to Title 10 authorization.

Hate to tell you but democracy ceased to exist long before Obama came onboard. The military plutocracy complex is running things for some time.

See also http://publicintelligence.net/the-penta ... el-in-u-s/
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 23:14:18

Ok, but he didn't help.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vox_mundi » Sun 30 Nov 2014, 23:29:28