Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Happy camper.......not anymore,ever.

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Happy camper.......not anymore,ever.

Unread postby Whitefang » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 00:30:15

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/warning- ... man_042014

You used to be able to camp out for free on Nat'l forest and state land, BLM.
Not anymore I guess.......
Plain murder in broad daylight with a snuff movie on top.
Makes me mad as hell, we will get what we deserve, everybody.
What a sad sick world we live in.

These criminals should be shot themselves for what they did if justice were served.
At the least put in prison for life.
Did they get fired without pension plan?
i'll look into this later.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Happy camper.......not anymore,ever.

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 00:54:32

Sick fuckers. The system needs to quite making excuses for blatant government thuggery & start actually upholding the law. What the heck is this bloke supposed to be guilty of? Who is he a threat to? Seems like exponential growth of murder by cop is going on in the USA.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 02:56:48

The only crime he committed was not subscribing to the dream of conforming getting a job and a mortgage.
Its obviously a crime to be poor and have somewhere free to live you arent turning enough cogs.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 04:26:40

Shaved Monkey wrote:The only crime he committed was not subscribing to the dream of conforming getting a job and a mortgage.
Its obviously a crime to be poor and have somewhere free to live you arent turning enough cogs.

They really don't care what you are in the system. You just have to be in the system. Your a battery, just like in the Matrix.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Henriksson » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:06:48

Henriksson
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Revi » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:42:50

Scary. That guy was just a homeless man trying to live somewhere. There are thousands of them everywhere. If it becomes legal to kill them we are in trouble.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Paulo1 » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:37:07

We have homeless guys around here who choose to live in the boonies. I never see their places as they just asked to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere and then walk in. They are hidden. Pretty cold and wet, though.

There are other ways to be on the fringes of the system and almost invisible and live in a normal home.

Paulo
Paulo1
Coal
Coal

Unread postby SILENTTODD » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:12:14

This video shows why the term "PIG" came into wide spread use.
Skeptical scrutiny in both Science and Religion is the means by which deep thoughts are winnowed from deep nonsense-Carl Sagan
SILENTTODD
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:00:21

Interesting TED talk explaining something of our psychology.

Just wants to make you wanna cry.

http://www.ted.com/talks/philip_zimbard ... anguage=en
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:10:07

That video was broadcasted on Russia Today about six months ago, a great Russian propaganda coup, but it's more than likely genuine due to the sheer number of similar videos from a multitude of different sources on youtube. What appears to be unknown is the exact date of the original shooting so to speak.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 21:37:26

Reminds me of a story of a long tpime ago in Canadian outback. Stranger comes into area. Real quiet and pretty much stays to himself. Mountie supervisor gets suspicious and sends a posse after him. Shots fired, Mountie dead. Manhunt. They eventually kill the guy. They never know is name.

Different century, country, ethnicities, backgrounds.

Human reactions are the same. Pity.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 21:48:20

I am probably the only technically homeless regular poster here. I live in a tiny caravan in the bush near my work. I pay no rent or bills aside from fuel for my tiny diesel car. I work 20 days a month straight average & get on a plane every month to a destination of my choice. I have never had any confrontation with the neighbourhood or authorities. The fact everyone around knows me, knows my work ethic, knows my boss, probably contribute. Many years ago in another town I was hassled a bit for similar living arrangements, I would just start packing & tell the authorities no problem I don't want to camp where people know where I am anyway.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 23:38:15

Plenty of people live in cars and illegal tin sheds here.
Had a family living in a humpy on a secluded piece of the beach for a while.
Lots of semi permanent camping in national parks,you get moved on for a few days every few months they crash at a mates and come back lots have been doing it for years.
Lots of back packers sleeping in vans in the streets.
This town was a massive old cattle station where the owner let people build shaks on his land near the beach
Eventually there were so many it got tuned into a legal town and parts of it where turned into national parks.
Thats why there is now houses inside some of the national parks.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 23:54:41

Darwin has the same issues as much of Western Australia; very low unemployment, relatively high wages, crazy rents. The fact that many of these remote towns pretend they have a land shortage (to prop up the old locals BS real estate scams) while surrounded by millions of hectares of liveable land does nothing to help. My attitude is screw them, my ancestors & friends currently fighting for this country did & do fight for my freedom to avoid the scam, as much as for the scammers.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Loki » Fri 05 Dec 2014, 23:59:58

Whitefang wrote:You used to be able to camp out for free on Nat'l forest and state land, BLM.
Not anymore I guess.......

It's still perfectly legal to camp on public land. It hasn't been legal to live on public land since the repeal of the Homestead Act. Didn't watch the video, but law enforcement often has to kick out people who set up semi-permanent camps on public land. This becomes problematic when these people have mental health issues and/or are just generally belligerent.

Public lands are the only places left in the US not burdened with permanent human habitation. They should stay that way.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Quinny » Sat 06 Dec 2014, 00:22:25

I find it difficult to believe this is true. Have the police been charged in this case?
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 06 Dec 2014, 09:57:00

Above it noted that no one seems to know when or where this was taken. Hell, it could be fake.

Don't know how to check it out.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:32:04

Hum, appears real enough.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/2 ... 21117.html

This is even worse. Cop talks of killing the guy two hours before. One must wonder if this doesn't rise to premeditated murder.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s357 ... IMul0c8KrU
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 06 Dec 2014, 13:26:54

Newfie - I'm not arguing the cops didn't use excessive force. But did you read the story: while the guy said he would go with the cops he turned his back and reached for his backpack. I presume the cops weren't sure what he was going to do so they tossed a flash-bang at him. Appearing disoriented the guy pulled a knife out. They shot him with bean bags but that didn't deter him. Now what you or I might do in such a situation isn't relevant...we're not cops. OTOH the cops didn't know if he had a firearm besides the knife. Probably not. But would you or I be willing to wait to find out if he did...and maybe allow him to take a shot at us? You and I might like to think we know how we would react but you never know for sure. But if we might not take the chance should we expect a cop to take the chance?

This certainly looks like the type of situation tasers were designed for. Given how the guy had been acting I would have expected them to have tasers ready to deploy. Granted there have been instances when a taser didn't put down an aggressor immediately. But IMHO when a cop puts on badge he's obviously acknowledging there will be serious risks encountered. Otherwise no need reason to carry a sidearm.

I don't know if the cops involved were aware it at the time but the guy had attacked at least to others in the past...and one was a cop. But IMHO if they had known all the more reason to use tasers early on before the situation escalated. I grew up in New Orleans around a number of cops and saw attitudes ranging from great hesitation to use lethal force to fantasizing about the possibility. Which IMHO is why you should never show any resistance to a cop: you never know what end of the spectrum you're dealing with. And that's speaking from experience that's easy to recall whenever I notice the now faint scars on the back of my left hand. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vox_mundi » Sat 06 Dec 2014, 13:34:47

Quinny wrote:I find it difficult to believe this is true. Have the police been charged in this case?

Too real ...

Summary of Department of Justice's Findings - Albuquerque Police Department Investigation
http://www.justice.gov/usao/nm/press-re ... dings.html
Following a comprehensive investigation, the Justice Department today announced its findings that the Albuquerque Police Department has engaged in a pattern or practice of excessive force, including deadly force. The pattern and practice is the result of serious systemic deficiencies in policy, training, supervision and accountability. The police department’s failure to ensure that officers respect the Constitution undermines public trust. Constitutional policing increases the public’s trust, ensures safety, and respects the rights of the city’s residents.

FINDINGS & Evidence

From the findings letter:
... Albuquerque police officers too often use deadly force in an unconstitutional manner in their use of firearms. To illustrate, of the 20 officer-involved shootings resulting in fatalities from 2009 to 2012, we concluded that a majority of these shootings were unconstitutional. Instead, officers used deadly force against people who posed a minimal threat, including individuals who posed a threat only to themselves or who were unarmed. Officers also used deadly force in situations where the conduct of the officers heightened the danger and contributed to the need to use force.

-Albuquerque police officers also often use less lethal force in an unconstitutional manner. We reviewed a random sample of the department’s use of force reports completed by officers and supervisors between 2009 and early 2013. Our sample consisted of over 200 force reports. We find that officers frequently misused electronic control weapons (commonly referred to by the brand name “Tasers”),resorting to use of the weapon on people who are passively resisting, observably non-threatening but unable to comply with orders due to their mental state, or posed only a minimal threat to the officers. Officers also often used Tasers in dangerous situations. For example, officers fired Tasers numerous times at a man who had poured gasoline on himself. The Taser discharges set the man on fire, requiring another officer to extinguish the flames. This endangered all present. Additionally, Albuquerque police officers often use unreasonable physical force without regard for the subject’s safety or the level of threat encountered. Officers frequently use takedown procedures in ways that unnecessarily increase the harm to the person. Finally, officers escalate situations in which force could have been avoided had they instead used de-escalation measures.

-A significant amount of the force we reviewed was used against persons with mental illness and in crisis. APD’s policies, training, and supervision are insufficient to ensure that officers encountering people with mental illness or in distress do so in a manner that respects their rights and is safe for all involved

- The use of excessive force by APD officers is not isolated or sporadic. The pattern or practice of excessive force stems from systemic deficiencies in oversight, training, and policy. Chief among these deficiencies is the department’s failure to implement an objective and rigorous internal accountability system. Force incidents are not properly investigated, documented, or addressed with corrective measures.

- We found only a few instances in the incidents we reviewed where supervisors scrutinized officers’ use of force and sought additional investigation. In nearly all cases, supervisors endorsed officers’ version of events, even when officers’ accounts were incomplete, were inconsistent with other evidence, or were based on canned or repetitive language.

- As a result of the department’s inadequate accountability systems, the department often endorses questionable and sometimes unlawful conduct by officers. The prior criminal history and background of individuals who are the subject of police force also typically receive greater scrutiny than the actions of officers. These practices breed resentment in the community and promote an institutional disregard for constitutional policing. For example, in a 2011 civil trial involving the shooting death of Andrew Lopez in which a state court found that an officer used unreasonable force, the City’s expert, a training officer, testified that the officer’s actions were “exemplary and that he (the expert) would use this incident to train officers on the proper use of deadly force.”3

The court concluded that the deadly force training provided to APD officers “is designed to result in the unreasonable use of deadly force.”4

We found other examples of similar praise or approval by police supervisors in force investigations we reviewed

Includes 30 pages of evidence of murders and executions by the APD

Makes you want to vomit!

Also: http://www.justice.gov/usao/nm/APD.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/0 ... 71660.html
Last edited by vox_mundi on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 13:52:23, edited 1 time in total.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics