Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

CATS

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

CATS

Unread postby salinsky » Thu 25 Dec 2014, 20:33:45

Dead cats don't bounce. You could put all of the anal lysts in a gunny sack and drop it in the river and no one would miss them, except for those who continue to believe in the flimflam man. The bottom is going to be visible when I throw in my shorts and then they can kiss it unil it's rosy red. All the way to the bank. Happy New Year to all.

Sal
If you believe something is true, then it must be true or you wouldn't believe it was true, therefore, everything you think is true, is true, or is it?
Señor Salinsky

A people's culture is their best ignorance.
SAL
salinsky
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Re: CATS

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 25 Dec 2014, 21:04:53

The analysts gone to therapist about that disturbing predictive projection. HNY
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SILENTTODD » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 04:56:01

But Live Cats kill lots of Rats! I had one 20 years ago just like this one who specialized in them. She rid the whole neighborhood of Norwegian rats in 6 months!
Skeptical scrutiny in both Science and Religion is the means by which deep thoughts are winnowed from deep nonsense-Carl Sagan
SILENTTODD
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 06:55:07

At first glance, I thought that this thread as about data networks and CAT5 cables. :P
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 08:54:53

donlan - This thread may have some life if we start to focus on the other cats: the cats that benefit from low oil prices...just like the cat that benefited from all those Norwigian rats. And not just those consumer cats but some oil patch cats. It's 0600 here and I'm going thru Drilling Info looking for operators in S Texas that may be in the process of being crippled by low oil prices and thus becoming potential acquisition targets. My company is working with a small potatoes (only $140 million) drilling fund that was put together earlier this year to specifically take advantage of this situation. They started putting the fund together early this year…yes…some were anticipating the current turn of events. I can promise you the boys at ExxonMobil, Chevron, et al are working overtime looking at similar big targets.

And then there are the really big cats out there like China. Their economy has slowed in recent years but still booming even by US standards. When prices crashed at the end on ’08 the world cut back on oil consumption for the entire ’09 year…except for China. They bought every bbl they could get their hands on. We’ll see if 2015 sees a similar move.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Paulo1 » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 09:47:13

Cats make good Chinese food, or so I have been told.

I hope people see this has an extra meaning and that I am not mean to animals or other people. Thank you.

Have a good 2015, folks. Good health!!
Paulo1
Coal
Coal

Unread postby GHung » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:11:09

Fine Specimen
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:22:28

This one is probably more relevant.
Many of then are smart enough to have an eachway bet on the outcome.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GHung » Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:13:05

@dolanbaker - Funny. Fat enough to feed the family and have plenty of lip balm left over. Cat rule #1 at our place: "The cats get their fats from the rats."
My new Ocelot Tabby caught her first mouse at 7 weeks. She's a keeper.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby BobInget » Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:03:54

It depends on how long cat in question has been 'dead', how high it bounces.
If a cat is only 'playing dead' i.e.: still alive, it can 'bounce' back quite quickly.

Our stand-in for oil, cats, has many more then nine lives. No cat is miles under the earth for millions of years only to come back, not in three days, but more then 150 years and counting, come back to life to power jet liners or supermarket adventures.

Is there anyone who still believes oil's 45% price cut was reality driven?
Every metric, yes, even Chinese and US consumption numbers says it ain't true.
This is not 2008.

The West (forty nations) are deeply involved in yet another 'oil inspired war"
Oh, I know, it's a 'war on terrorism' like in Sudan or Libya or Nigeria or Yemen or Algeria or I'm as sick&tired as you.

KSA and Russia are like elephants fighting (or fucking) tall grass gets trampled all around. As proof, Libya as of Friday, is not exporting a single liter of oil.
From 500,000 to zilch, no oil. Yet, traders took no notice and tried all Boxing Day
to ignore reality and keep shorting.
There was a time, not long ago, when an event as casual as closing Houston Ship Chanel was good enough for a two bit rise in oil prices. Today, entire oil suppliers go off line because of serious fighting, to no effect.

Iran, Russia and KSA, USA are in a do or die death struggle over Iraq/Syria but you, the public, don't wanna know.

This CAT never died it just ate a poisoned rat. With care, will recover.
BobInget
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:14:02

Peter Shiff is predicting an economic bloodbath in 2015.

“Next year might be a recession without [more quantitative easing],” Schiff said.

It’s a recession that needs to happen, in Schiff’s view.

“Let the recession happen, raise rates,” was his prescription. “It’s gonna be a bloodbath but it’s got to happen.”

Easy monetary policies aren’t a permanent fix, Schiff said, but merely “delay the Day of Reckoning” — meaning that day “will just be worse when it comes.”

Schiff pointed to a slew of economic indicators that demonstrate relative weakness in the economy: durable goods orders slacking off, a weak purchasing managers index and a weak holiday shopping season (though last-minute shopping may have helped boost retailers’ bottom line).

As global oil prices fall, many of America’s well-paying jobs will evaporate, Schiff predicted, and the employment situation will get dire.

“Young people can’t get part-time jobs because their grandparents have those jobs,” Schiff said.

Schiff’s prediction: “Companies bought too much [preparing for the holiday season] and they’re not gonna be buying more. There’s going to be a lot of layoffs come January.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/27/its-gonna-be-a-bloodbath-expert-says-the-economy-is-actually-still-weak-and-that-a-day-of-reckoning-needs-to-happen/
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby salinsky » Fri 29 May 2015, 01:07:15

The cats ain't bouncing, but ah's reckon there's a few floating around in Huston right about now.
If you believe something is true, then it must be true or you wouldn't believe it was true, therefore, everything you think is true, is true, or is it?
Señor Salinsky

SAL
salinsky
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Pops » Sun 31 May 2015, 10:32:52

All dogs go to heaven but CATS are from elsewhere, don't expect them to stay down.

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby salinsky » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 01:37:50

Getting back to cats. A couple of months ago, I was walking past the trucks on a quiet evening, and heard a strange sound from coming from under one of them. Those of you who are familiar with big trucks, know them to sigh and moan and groan as they cool down. I shined my light under and there was a cat, Bernie, one of the cats that own this place.
I walked on without giving it much thought, figuring he was a tough Tom, and could deal with whatever the hell was bothering him. A few days later, he showed up at the door and could hardly breathe. I put him in a box and drove the eight miles to a vet I know well. (She once taught me how to cut a calf out of a cow that was unable to deliver). At her office, I put Bernie on the exam table. He jumped off. I picked him up and put him back. The vet began her exam, and Bernie took a couple a gasps and died. She said, "Well, no charge. I'll take care of him."
A month ago, I saw out the window, a big black cat. I went outside and called for it. It came running to me. It was a cat that had disappeared five years ago. I thought he was long dead. His name was Blackie. Had easily recognizable markings. The white patch on his chest has some gray in it. Now that he's back, and the feed bill is back to normal. Now, whenever I'm out walking around, he's literally under my feet. Dead cats don't bounce, but sometimes they can surprise the hell out of a guy.
Señor Salinsky

SAL
salinsky
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 05:59:20

Unfortunately, I was forced to make a dead cat once. The next door neighbor adopted a stray cat, then his kids grew up and moved away, leaving an aged, cranky, mean cat that was no longer being tortured by his children. I kept smelling cat crap when I used my front door, but never could see anything - and then a light dawned when I saw the cat using the rain gutter above the door as a litterbox. A few squirts of cold water from the hose persuaded the cat to crap elsewhere.

Then one day he sharpened his claws on the tonneau cover for my '67 Jeep pickup. This was a custom $200 piece of vinyl. I went to the SPCA, rented a wire cage trap, and gave them the cat, which had no collar. Then I paid $200 for a new tonneau cover. The cat was back about a week later, unbeknownst to me there was an RFID capsule implanted in the cat, the neighbor paid $75 and got the animal back. Three days after I saw the cat, he again sharpened his claws on my new $200 bed cover.

Enough was enough, the cat had cost me $200 times two and a $25 trap rental. I rented the cage trap a second time, bringing my total cost to $450, and this time I immersed the trap in my swimming pool, then removed the cat carcass and tossed it in the neighbor's pool.

"Funny thing" he said "My cat drowned in my pool. I never liked it anyways."

Good cat now.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 07:33:30

I have never mourned the death of a cat. Dogs are superior to cats in every way. When cats of mine have died they are discarded into farmer's fields so that predators can devour them. When my dogs die, they get a proper burial with petitions to God to send them on their way to dog Heaven.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Open Topic Discussion