Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Patriots Cheat to get into Superbowl AGAIN!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Patriots Cheat to get into Superbowl AGAIN!

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:23:41

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01 ... ound-this/

11 of the New England Patriots’ 12 allotted footballs were under-inflated during Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts, league sources told ESPN.

“We are not commenting at this time,” Greg Aiello, the NFL’s senior vice president of communications, told the sports news-outlet.

An NFL letter regarding the investigation and provided to the Boston Globe confirmed similar findings about the game balls used by the Patriots in their 45-7 AFC championship victory over the Colts.

Sources familiar with the investigation told ESPN that the footballs were found to be under-inflated by two pounds of air (PSI) less than what NFL regulations require.

The New England team may have drained the air from the footballs to make them easier to handle during the windy conditions.

Troy Vincent, the league’s senior executive vice president, told ProFootballTalk.com Tuesday the investigation will formally conclude in “two or three days.”
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Patriots Cheat to get into Superbowl AGAIN!

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:31:04

Aren't professional sports just part of the "bread and circuses" that TPTB use to keep public attention away from the serious problems facing our society?
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pops » Thu 22 Jan 2015, 11:21:01

Ahh! so this is the deflation everyone is worried about, I thought they were talking about the economy!
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby careinke » Thu 22 Jan 2015, 14:16:21

Don't worry, my Hawks will take care of them. Go Hawks!
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 22 Jan 2015, 14:20:37

I was taught that "Cheaters never prosper."

But over and over again cheating works out great for the Patriots.

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Thu 22 Jan 2015, 18:17:31

Who the hell cares? You know, we talk about some serious crap around here, not to mention all the want and woe that happens in the world everyday, and all I've been seeing from the main street media is about deflated footballs. It goes to show you where most people have their priorities. No wonder they don't give a flip about peak oil and climate change, they're too busy playing online virtual games, or vegetating on sofas watching a few mutant humans play them on the flat screen.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 24 Jan 2015, 08:08:09

Lest anybody think this web site has any particular significance outside of our inflated egos:
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion