Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Power and Money

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Power and Money

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:20:06

I post this because it has fascinated me for the last number of years this psychological dynamic that we see especially evidenced in the wealthy and people in positions of power. Throughout history, I think many of you would agree we have been ruled quite poorly. The ruling class have shown at times disdain for the ordinary folk and in the meantime have shown at times almost psychopathic behavior in the quest for ever greater power and wealth. Are we not witnessing insatiable greed on the part of corporations in the present. Have we not witnessed the quest to build empires by out of control leaders sometimes only one, ie. Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Napolean, Alexander the Great etc. Have we not seen throughout history how the ruling rob and steal utilizing the privileges of being in power. Is not the common characteristic of those in power and the super wealthy an insatiable desire for more of the same. I ask you all what are your views on this subject?
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Return to Medical Issues Forum