Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

What are your favorite quotes?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

What are your favorite quotes?

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 12 Apr 2015, 15:38:21

Mine are the following...

1) Stupid people are people that feel safe in numbers. Stupid people are people who think that just because most people believe in something then that thing must be correct. But general consensus does not necessarily tell if something is true. For example, back in the Middle Ages most people believed the Earth was the center of the universe, and they believed the sun and all of the planets revolved around the Earth. This was later proven to be wrong by Galileo and other people, but most people thought Galileo was wrong. But we now know the Earth actually revolves around the sun, and the Earth is not the center of the universe. Just because most people in the Middle Ages thought the Earth was the center of the universe doesn't mean this was correct. In fact, it was wrong, and most people were just damn wrong about the universe.

In short, stupid people feel safety in numbers even though what they believe is total nonsense. Stupid people feel safety in numbers because most people around them also believe in something false. Stupid people are herd animals. They just follow whatever the mainstream media tells them, without critically thinking at all. Stupid people believe whatever the government and mainstream media tells them must be true.

This is a quote by me.

"There are two things that are infinite: human stupidity and the size of the universe. And I'm not sure if the second point is true, but the first one definitely is true"

This is a quote by Einstein.

"In 1900, at the turn of the 20th century, what you see as oil became ubiquitous, population explodes and grows on a vertical trajectory, meaning extremely rapid population growth. Never in human history has human population grown as rapidly as since the advent of oil in 1900. The global human population grew from 1.6 billion people in 1900 to over 7 billion in the second decade of the 21st century only because of fossil fuels. We are at 7 billion people in 2012, and the population is expected to grow to 9 billion by 2050. All of these people exist on this planet only because of oil. That's it. So it is axiomatic if you take the oil away, the population must also go away. In all of science, in all of biology, there is no case where any population (be it bacteria in a petri dish or caribou on an Arctic island) encounters favorable circumstances, and grows on a vertical trajectory (meaning extremely rapid population growth) without an immediate crash down. It is a law. It is a law as fundamental as gravity. It is a law as fundamental as thermodynamics. And this might also be true for the stock exchange or the financial markets, which go up like this and then crash down. It is the history of every bubble."

This was a quote originally by Michael Ruppert, but I updated it with some new facts and information.

"Common sense is often wrong. In fact, common sense is usually a terrible decider or what is true or not. Science relies on empirical evidence and logic, and not common sense. So facts should be determined by empirical evidence and logic, and not common sense"

Quote from a science teacher of mine.

"Humans aren't really anymore intelligent than bacteria in a petri dish because when we encountered fossil fuels, we multiplied our population, and our population exploded as a result. This is no different from bacteria in a petri dish that multiply when they encounter an excess amount of food. But just like bacteria in a petri dish, when you take the catalyst for population growth out the equation, the population (of humans, bacteria or any other organism) crashes and experiences a die off. In other words, the population is drastically reduced because without the catalyst for population growth present anymore, the population must be dramatically reduced. It is no different from bacteria in a petri dish. We (human beings) are less than a generation away from a die off, and yet remain just as clueless a bacteria in a petri dish because we continue to grow population. So I think people claiming that humans are the smartest animal ever are totally stupid and arrogant, because in reality, humans are no more intelligent than bacteria or any other organism that encounters very favorable circumstances and increases their population until they experience a die off"

I borrowed this quote from Matt Savinar, and expanded on it. So this quote is by me and Matt Savinar.

I have other good quotes, but I can't think of them right now. I will add more quotes when I feel like it.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Open Topic Discussion