Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Meaning of Life

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

The Meaning of Life

Unread postby Narz » Mon 25 May 2015, 02:17:50

I got high & made a video with some of my thoughts on the subject. Warning : language, discussion of activity that may be illegal in your country & terrible, terrible camerawork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7te9NEeWLfA

Feel free to enjoy and/or ridicule. :)

In the throes of highness I almost put this on Facebook. Its probably stupid enough of me to put it on Youtube (though I don't think it will impact my personal or professional life there & here on peakoil is likely safe as well).
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The Meaning of Life

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 25 May 2015, 03:18:17

The cat is called Kundalini, meaning energy of the snake, serpent or in ours or your ex wild cat's experience, the spine. What you felt is always going on in your subliminal consciousness, where the nerve cells bridge into the base of the brain. Most of the time we don't notice it, because as you suggest, we are preoccupied with our prefrontal lobe noise, which is primarily an infinite argument between the self serving & the desperate for approval. Kundalini yoga is firstly about chasing thoughts down to origins. Do enough of that & grasp the primary conflict motivations/ motivators in their true illusory nature & the serpent mind, the unprogrammed primal self is the only real thing present.

I might follow this with a crazy rave video of my own Narz. Good to kind of meet you after many years bumps & grinds in text on here.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 25 May 2015, 16:18:32

You guys are funny.

Of course, you KNOW, life has no meaning!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 25 May 2015, 17:16:41

With what we talk about here, maybe it is a good idea to tune out in whatever way one feels like!
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Mon 25 May 2015, 18:01:43

Dude, you're walking around downtown New York in your housecoat!? I've taken way more powerful psychedelics and I've never done anything like this?

This fellow teaches the scientific method to achieve higher self spirituality without drugs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrALnJ ... GVrYXc5BcA

I've been spending most of my time recently watching this fellow's videos. Hundreds of hours of content. I'd recommend him if you are pursuing higher spirituality like I am.

Conversely, Ayahuasca is a better method if you want the best, cleanest drug experience if you prefer to go that way instead.

What did you take?
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 25 May 2015, 19:00:18

Thanks for sharing that Narz. It's raining here in the cloud forest and your 15 minutes of free association wanderings were entertaining...... and familiar.......enjoyed also Sea Gypsies comments.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Tue 26 May 2015, 12:28:20

I'd recommend next time you take shrooms, do it in a forest. It will keep you less agitated than doing it in the poisonous atmosphere of a large city.

On the bright side (for you), you are a lot younger than I thought you were.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby GoghGoner » Tue 26 May 2015, 13:48:44

I can't imagine posting the video to FB! Pretty sure I wouldn't even post it here under a anonymous username either. We do have some similarities, though... I enjoyed the original content.
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Narz » Sun 20 Sep 2015, 23:52:11

Rod_Cloutier wrote:Dude, you're walking around downtown New York in your housecoat!?

I was outside a gym on the roof, not out in the city/exposed on anything.

Whenever I listen to myself from the past I always think how naive I was. To really be free one has to be safe, to be safe one has to be at least a little preoccupied with keeping safe. Humans worry is part of why we've come so far, its also why we've done so much damage.

I guess we just need balance between thinking/planning/doing & reaping/savoring/enjoying.

pstarr wrote:"I don't know what you are talking about? Are you talking about drugs? I don't know anything about that shit. I don't know where to get that shit? That's not part of the story so shut the fuck up." Narz, was that a good or bad trip?

I've never had a bad trip. Even when its really bad it's good. I'm trying to keep it that way. I trust what comes up. What you quoted, I was just being silly.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion