Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

College is a good investment contrary to popular opinion

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

College is a good investment contrary to popular opinion

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Mon 08 Jun 2015, 08:28:45

I believe in order to make the USA a better place, we need to have more college educated people. That is because according to sociological and psychological studies, college students tend to be more educated and better behaved. Because college students are well-educated and well-informed, they are less likely to commit horrific crimes. Also college students, on average, make more money than people who do not go college. So if you want to be a well-informed and more ethical person, go to college. No matter how expensive college may be, it is worth it because the knowledge they teach you in college is priceless.

I believe many people are going to college for the wrong reasons, however. Many people are going to college primarily because they believe college will
help elevate them from a low social economic class to a higher social economic class. I believe that people should not go college for financial reasons. People need to realize that college does not guarantee your chances of having a high-paying job. College only increases the chances of you having a having a high paying job.

I believe college education should be free in the USA or at least more affordable. That is just my honest opinion on college education.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Open Topic Discussion