Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Ike Interviews God

Ike Interviews God

Unread postby Revi » Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:19:48

Check this out:
https://vimeo.com/129115072

It's profound and funny at the same time.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Ike Interviews God

Unread postby Revi » Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:34:41

I think the idea of making energy out of dolphins is not so far fetched. If they found out they could make oil out of people to keep cars going it would probably be tried.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 12 Jun 2015, 16:16:43

For those of you who did not know this, the real end of whaling coincided with the US Civil War, because New England whaling ships had to sail through Confederate waters to reach the Antarctic where the remaining whales were. After the Civil War, the economics killed whaling, as oil wells were then shallow and relatively cheap compared to sailing to the Southern Hemisphere and back.

Whaling was already in decline before the Civil War. Nevertheless whale oil continues to be collected and used as late as today. It has superior lubricating abilities and is used to lubricate watches and fine instruments, including spacecraft mechanisms. The very highest grade of whale oil was sperm whale oil and it was used as the first automatic transmission fluid as late as the 1930's.

In theory, whales are no longer hunted today. In practice, the Japanese and Norwegians supply most of the Whale Oil. Ever seen the Animal Planet series Whale Wars?

If you had a ready supply of whale oil, you could easily make a superior grade of Biodiesel using the same chemicals you use for converting used cooking oil. But the whale populations have never recovered since the 1800's. For example, the Blue Whales currently number about 10,000 world-wide, down from an estimated 300,000. The oceans are so sick that whale populations may never recover to the levels they were at before man began "harvesting" for lamp oil.

No special knowledge here, the wife was born and raised on Nantucket, and I like going to the Whaling Museum there.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:04:41

KJ, you ever read Sea of Slaughter?

Back on topic, I passed the video on to a few folks I know.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:00:33

Hm, I think that's the best "short film" I've ever seen, that's pretty darn good. :lol:
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 12 Jun 2015, 23:19:19

Newfie wrote:KJ, you ever read Sea of Slaughter?

Back on topic, I passed the video on to a few folks I know.

Never read that one, saw the video years ago. The only Farley Mowat book I ever read was Never Cry Wolf. The problem is, that the actual behavior of wolves as observed by me while stationed in Alaska at a now-vanished USCG LORAN-C station at Port Clarence, was not anything resembling that described by Mowat in his book. I observed wolves attacking the caribou herds, and cruelly killing and mutilating the calves, evidently for nothing more than amusement. I concluded that Mowat allowed his emotions to override his reporting of facts.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby sparky » Fri 12 Jun 2015, 23:56:40

I totally love the "God " excuse for everything !
this so totally suck !.... an all knowing , all powerful and all compassionate being ,make even less sense than Santa

grow up from four years old greediness for toys and candy
if there is some divine being , it probably doesn't have a clue , is incapable of acting against its own "laws"
and/or is a depraved sadistic bastard which enjoy humanity as an endless source of perversions spectacle

there is no nice , there is only temporary failure to inflict misery in the name of next day survival
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sat 13 Jun 2015, 00:58:19

I have spoken to the entity that I believe is God numerous times during my Ayahuasca experiences directly.

God is so big, so infinite that it defies human comprehension. I asked on one occasion why there is evil in the world, and I was shown the full spectrum of the Darwinian reality of our world. The Earth is literally alive with organisms competing to survive. I was shown that I came here specifically to experience a competitive reality. I was really disgusted at most of it, however I had asked God for truth, and truth I received. (It doesn't mean I have to like it)

On another occasion, I wanted to know how the Earth compares with other places in the Universe. (This was a question I now regret asking). I was shown millions multiplied by millions of worlds, and I was asked how I would like to sort them for comparison? By size? By solar system distribution? By atmospheric chemistry and conditions? It immediately became apparent that the vastness of the Universe is something I can't even begin to wrap my head around.

Eventually, I settled on the question, 'Well just show me the closest world compared to human civilization, with Western scientific realism, and industrial capitalism." I was shown a world on the far side of the Universe, in a galaxy so far away that light from it will never reach the Earth, and humans will never have direct contact with them. I saw a civilization of creatures that resemble the legendary hydra. Huge creatures the size of dinosaurs with six heads each. They had developed a close approximation of human scientific materialism, with an industrial capitalism economic system. These creatures, however were able to transcend their limitations and become spiritual beings. I was shown if these creatures could do this, with all of their limitations, (the didn't have hands or arms), then humans surely can rise to the occasion with their higher physical functionality.

God doesn't fit into a limited little box of human understanding. If your opinion of what God is fits into a small box which can be summarized in a few beliefs, a few narrow human judgements about right and wrong, then you don't know God very well.
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby sparky » Sat 13 Jun 2015, 10:30:13

a chemically induced delirium is not a viable proposition
I had plenty of those , didn't make much sense the morning after
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Apneaman » Sun 14 Jun 2015, 15:32:23

Repent, how come you didn't ask for the winning numbers on the next power ball draw?
Apneaman
Permanently Banned

Unread postby sparky » Sun 14 Jun 2015, 17:31:49

Talking to God is , I've found , pretty much a one way thing
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 01:44:35

sparky wrote:.
Talking to God is , I've found , pretty much a one way thing

It was a one way thing for Moses.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby sparky » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 09:14:05

Yep , my point totally , he was smoking the burning bush and there was no witnesses
when Moses came down from his little mountain experience ,
he found that his brother Aaron had got the chosen ones by their own reckoning
worshiping gold , a traditinon they keep falling for down the ages
Jesus got angry with the merchants in the temple , they got him nailed for it and moved to wall street :twisted:
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby clif » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 11:08:42

+1
How cathartic it is to give voice to your fury, to wallow in self-righteousness, in helplessness, in self-serving self-pity.
clif
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 13:04:04

sparky - It brings to mind a scene from "MASH" with a pilot suffering a mental breakdown from dropping bombs on civilians develops a god-complex. Asked why he, God, didn't answer all prayers he said he did answer all prayers...just sometimes the answer is no.

As a devout atheist you know where I stand. But in case I'm wrong I still know "God" might be a lot of things but compassionate ain't one of them. I've seen that proof: children in a war zone.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 18:04:22

What??

Wait!!

I thought that ROCK WAS God...

Now I'm having a crisis of faith! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Mon 15 Jun 2015, 19:12:46

Repent, how come you didn't ask for the winning numbers on the next power ball draw?

The thing is you've got to ask the right question, or you get overwhelmed with experiences. Good idea, I'll ask the next time I have a good trip and see what happens?
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 16 Jun 2015, 13:19:21

"I thought that ROCK WAS God..." Nope...the Rockman is a LEGEND...in his own mind...sorry I meant time.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Tue 16 Jun 2015, 15:24:34

+1
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate