Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Describe type of world would like to live in

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Describe type of world would like to live in

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 18 Jun 2015, 07:53:48

Okay, just a little philosophical inquisitiveness. I pose this hypothetical question of what type of world you would like to live in? I mean in general stressing the fundamental sectors of any society being: political; economic; religious; and cultural. For example some may imagine a futuristic type world, other may like a more primitive and natural world. This is just a light hearted post for all of us immersed in the unsettling reality of the real world. I will start. I would like to live in a world akin to let us say the American Indians of days gone by. The abundance of nature along with the deep seated spirituality of these people appeals to me greatly. Their order based on traditions that seemed to have worked and were carried down. Their closeness to nature, their cohesion and solidarity at least in terms of a particular tribe. Also, they were not slaves to consumerism. All these attributes attract me and make me yearn for a simpler life. Yes simpler is a key. The one thing I think though I would miss about the modern world is the Internet :razz:
Okay ladies and gents have at it.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Return to Open Topic Discussion