Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dubia, For KaiserJeep

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Dubia, For KaiserJeep

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 13:46:53

This is all in good fun so don't take it too seriously. This fellow created his vision of Earth 3001 with nice write up of each landmass and a little humor thrown in. There are artistic projections for each land mass as well. Hope you enjoy it.

The problems Dubia poses were unexpected. I'm personally appalled by Americans' energy-waste; to me it borders on the criminal. But while researching the climatic extremes I had to, to prepare this model, I grew aware of the great flexibility of life as a system--and, especially, its exuberant response to increased warmth and rain. Biologically, Dubia works just fine. It's the transition that's problematic, and that's mainly due to our human propensity to build coastal cultures. We pay a price for that mild sea air. Sea levels change and coasts move--humans or not! This is, after all, an interglacial. In the long run, if it wasn't a human-caused flood, it'd be a nature-caused ice age. Abrupt climate change is a simple fact in our current geological era. So regardless of future environmental policies, I predict a growth industry will be the excavation of cultural icons just ahead of floodwaters, and their relocation inland. Diking and doming? Maybe. But our descendents may, in a subtle way, all be nomads--home may mean, not a place, but a climate, a biological community, and a society celebrating those patterns. Moving New York to the Isle of Adirondack, or to North Greenland, in search of a similar setting and climate, may be more natural to them than preserving things on site.

http://www.worlddreambank.org/D/DUBIA.HTM
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dubia, For KaiserJeep

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 14:37:00

Interesting. About two decades ago, there was a virtual island community online, and a sizable cadre of folks elaborating upon it with carefully selected scenic photos, news reports, and online texts describing the place.

I followed it for a while as an amusement, and sucked in several colleagues by suggesting that they vacation there, and forwarding the link to the homepage. They discovered the ruse only when they tried and failed to book tickets and hotels.

But today I even am drawing a blank on what it was called. Back to work, I am preparing my house for sale, and painting things.

It turns out, working was easier than being retired.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion