Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Let's dig up dead people because they are racist

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Let's dig up dead people because they are racist

Unread postby americandream » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 11:43:22

Sixstrings wrote:edit: oh nevemind, i dont want in these debates

Whats there to debate. You are demanding the right to fly icons under which people are being murdered in that great American institution the church, whilst they are praying to that great American institution, the Christian god.

This is one sure fire way of prolonging the hatred that is adding to all the other ills of a subjective non sustainable system at a time when we need all hands to the wheel. And this craziness, along with the other examples of intolerance borne of religion elsewhere on the globe is why I aim to do what I can to rid us of this pestilential backwardness. I owe it to my child at least.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 13:16:18

No AD, I do not have a confederate flag and would not, It's actually not my culture, there's nothing wrong with "rednecks" but actually that's not my family and social circle (I have some extended "redneck" family, they aren't bigots, I don't think they have rebel flags but they do go fishin' and muddin' and are into country music and nascar and all of that, so I just understand people that are like that, they aren't bigots they are just country).

But I'm going to stay out of this debate, if I start arguing one way then it can seem like I'm in favor of bigots WHICH I AM NOT.

There's crazyness on both sides of the left and the right, that's the truth. This is just a bunch of left / right culture war stuff and I'm going to ignore it. Like most of the moderate middle swing vote does.

Now you guys discuss or debate with each other, or let the thread go, I just don't want in the discussion and I'm going to stick to that decision regardless of what is in the news.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 15:29:42

Don't blame you Sixstrings. AD hasn't cottoned onto the idea yet that I'm ignoring him. Don't tell him. ;)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 17:27:21

Sixstrings wrote:No AD, I do not have a confederate flag and would not, It's actually not my culture, there's nothing wrong with "rednecks" but actually that's not my family and social circle (I have some extended "redneck" family, they aren't bigots, I don't think they have rebel flags but they do go fishin' and muddin' and are into country music and nascar and all of that, so I just understand people that are like that, they aren't bigots they are just country).

But I'm going to stay out of this debate, if I start arguing one way then it can seem like I'm in favor of bigots WHICH I AM NOT.

There's crazyness on both sides of the left and the right, that's the truth. This is just a bunch of left / right culture war stuff and I'm going to ignore it. Like most of the moderate middle swing vote does.

Now you guys discuss or debate with each other, or let the thread go, I just don't want in the discussion and I'm going to stick to that decision regardless of what is in the news.

Im sure that theres a fishin and a muddin variant of that other Abrahamic bigot, the Islamist. Still doesnt make Muslim bigotry acceptable does it?

Dont try and excuse the inexcusable
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 19:06:20

Sixstrings wrote:

It's plainly racist culture war stuff, not left/right culture war stuff.

Would Condoleeza Rice support people flying the Confederate flag all over the place? I don't think so. Would Oprah Winfrey? I doubt it. How about Colin Powell?
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Tue 05 Jan 2016, 13:45:58

This is uncalled for:

Vandals spray-painted anti-racist graffiti on nine monuments inside Raleigh’s Historic Oakwood Cemetery, mostly damaging the graves of high-ranking officers in the Confederate Army but also defacing the stone of North Carolina Gov. Charles Aycock, whose racial views in the early 1900s have found increasing criticism.

The attack caused roughly $20,000 in damage Wednesday night and is thought to be the first of its kind on private property, said Robin Simonton, executive director at Oakwood. Cemetery officials reported the crime to Raleigh police during the weekend, hoping to spare further destruction during the holidays.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/ ... rylink=cpy
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cog » Tue 05 Jan 2016, 14:31:39

Put down the bong pstarr.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Tue 05 Jan 2016, 14:42:44

I've been a enlisted man and an officer. As an officer the pay is better and you are not so much a mushroom in the dark. Other than that, you live in the same mud and share the same hardships.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Tue 05 Jan 2016, 17:04:24

pstarr wrote:Sure Cog, if you had spent your time in Nam or in a real war, you wouldn't be shooting you mouth and guns off so loudly now.

So, what war were you in pstarr? :lol:
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Tue 05 Jan 2016, 18:00:41

pstarr wrote:
careinke wrote:
pstarr wrote:Sure Cog, if you had spent your time in Nam or in a real war, you wouldn't be shooting you mouth and guns off so loudly now.

So, what war were you in pstarr? :lol:
Too smart to go to war for the War Pigs.

So you send others to do your fighting? Interesting.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 01:58:55

pstarr wrote:Great news.
high-ranking officers in the Confederate Army

Not service men, but leaders folks with brains and ambition. Feck 'em. Those peckerwoods had the opportunity to refuse service, move to the north or join the underground railroad and do some good. But no, they chose to fight and lead for oppression and human suffering.

I sincerely hope for their progeny's sake that they have long since changed their name or moved away. Cause the race war is 'a comin' ole loardy. Them fighten' times is 'a comin' back.

Sorry, I can't get behind something like this. I don't think you'd be so dismissive if the situations were reversed.
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cog » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 07:31:02

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 10:13:22

americandream wrote:If this slides into civil war; you will get a mess of a country, a very messy country. But any thoughts of reviving slavery is a wet dream as long as there is a capitalist class in America.

I think you are missing a key element in the hate these groups have. Just my opinion of course from observation. They don't want slavery back. They want extermination and deportation of that underclass; though they'd never say it in such direct language. They don't say slavery was a mistake because of any injustice it embodies but rather because it brought "them" here.

Besides, economic slavery by debt and expectations with regard to the Jones' is far more effective and productive than trying to whip someone into making a profit for you.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 23:17:54

pstarr wrote:Oneabove, Cog began this thread with a series of lies 1) not the Mayor but the entire Memphis City government is moving on this statue removal 2) comparing the decision with the murder of 9 black men and children is an abomination 3) it has nothing to do with the ME conflict. Cog is out of his mind.

Cog continued on for pages with silly racist banter designed only to troll the conversation and distract this web site from the very important matter at hand . . . the continuing decline of world oil production. He finally went too far, dragging in another unrelated minor tagging episode in a North Carolina cemetary. As if the two are related. Just pure right-wing victim ginning.

I've got Cog on block. The board is more enjoyable that way.

Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion