Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Do professional peak oil speakers/writers post on this site?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Do professional peak oil speakers/writers post on this site?

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 18:28:49

I know Matt Savinar used to post on this site, but I wonder if there are any other famous people in the peak oil/sustainability movement posting on this site like Richard Heinberg, Colin Campbell, and Roscoe Bartlett. I've only been researching about peak oil for about 1 year. I only started reading books on Peak Oil. All of the information I learned about peak oil before this point in time came from the Internet. I recently bought the book Technofix: Why Technology Wouldn't Save Us or the Environment, and now I'm learning more info about peak oil and sustainability from books rather than solely from the Internet. Contrary to popular belief, not everything can be learned from the Internet. Sometimes you need to sign out a book or buy a book in order to continue the research you began with the Internet.

Besides, why did Matt Savinar become an astrologer? I've done my own research on astrology, and I know it is all bunk. I can't believe someone as rational as Matt Savinar would resort to doing something as irrational as astrology.

Anyways, if you are a famous speaker/writer in the peak oil/sustainability movement, please announce yourself in this thread. As for me, I'm just some random dude who learned about peak oil about 1 year ago.

Sincerely DesuMaiden
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Do professional peak oil speakers/writers post on this s

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 20:24:04

pstarr wrote:Yeah. I do. You have money for speaking fees? I get $20,000 and room service. Of all kinds.

So what's your real name, if I don't mind asking? Are you Richard Heinberg or some other expert on peak oil?
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby C8 » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 21:15:34

DesuMaiden wrote:
pstarr wrote:Yeah. I do. You have money for speaking fees? I get $20,000 and room service. Of all kinds.

So what's your real name, if I don't mind asking? Are you Richard Heinberg or some other expert on peak oil?

Well, an "expert" on Peak Oil would be hard to find as Mr. Heinberg and most other PO writers have a long list of failed predictions they have made that pretty much disqualify them as "experts".
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Timo » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 21:42:26

Desu, you might have better luck if you rephrase your question to anyone published on peak oil issues, rather than "experts" on peak oil issues. You don't have to be an expert to get published. You don't even have to be an expert in anything to be taken seriously by some groups. Jade Helm 15 comes to mind. Ditto Agenda 21.
Timo

Unread postby PeakOiler » Thu 16 Jul 2015, 19:30:56

I think James Howard Kunstler http://kunstler.com had posted here a couple of times after End of Suburbia was released. Unless it was an impostor! LOL

Go to his website and ask him! :)
There’s a strange irony related to this subject [oil and gas extraction] that the better you do the job at exploiting this oil and gas, the sooner it is gone.

--Colin Campbell
PeakOiler
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 17 Jul 2015, 11:18:14

Maybe not directly. But much of the postings is using references taken from recognized speakers and writers as well as Scholars and Scientists.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Return to Open Topic Discussion