Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Michelle For President

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Michelle For President

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 05 Aug 2015, 20:09:16

I say when Hillary flames out that Michelle Obama should step forward and claim the nomination. She can knock out two minority groups at once, African Americans and Women.

What could be more splendid?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Michelle For President

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:19:15

Tanada wrote:I say when Hillary flames out that Michelle Obama should step forward and claim the nomination. She can knock out two minority groups at once, African Americans and Women.

What could be more splendid?

Well.. Michelle O actually hasn't even been happy as first lady, so I can't see her in politics..

I definitely wouldn't vote for her, but that's not to say I don't think a woman of color would be great. I've always liked Condoleeza Rice.

Actually Carly Fiorina, on the R side, is growing on me lately. I've seen her on tv and she has good knowledge about the middle east, sounds the best on that out of Bush or any of the others, she actually knows what she's talking about.

R's definitely need more women.. they desperately really needed a woman in this cycle, if Hillary is the Democratic nominee, because otherwise I'm tellin' you guys, despite all the scandals if it gets down to it and she makes it then the first woman president is going to be a huge draw and I think that definitely pushes Hillary over the top along with demographics advantage.

What the GOP really should do is get serious about Carly Fiorini.. set her up for the VP slot.. or start looking now for a female governor or someone that's more qualified than Sarah Palin was.. and give women a choice to vote Republican but still make history with a woman in the executive branch.

On the D side.. there are several great women in politics, but they just don't go for higher office.

There's Warren, of course.

And then also, I like Samantha Power at the UN a lot. She ought to run for something. We actually could use TECHNOCRAT just "good government" kind of female candidates, but not partisans, I don't like the Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer types, or that one from Florida what's her name, she's head of the DNC now. Nor Michele Bachman nor Palin types, either.

P.S. Nikki Haley would also be a good VP pick, she seems moderate yet able to win with conservatives, attractive, classy.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 05 Aug 2015, 22:05:28

Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 05 Aug 2015, 22:34:40

Barack Obama has stopped wearing his wedding ring and Michelle and he are hardly ever in the White House at the same time---if Michelle is there then Obama goes out golfing, and if Obama is there then Michelle suddenly has to be away to attend a week long conference on growing squash in Antibes, Southern France.

If Michelle divorces Barack, is she still qualified to be president?

President-Obama-ditches-wedding-ring
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 05 Aug 2015, 23:21:55

Plantagenet wrote:Barack Obama has stopped wearing his wedding ring and Michelle and he are hardly ever in the White House at the same time---if Michelle is there then Obama goes out golfing, and if Obama is there then Michelle suddenly has to be away to attend a week long conference on growing squash in Antibes, Southern France.

Why not? She feels the same way about America as her husband does.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 00:51:37

Subjectivist wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Barack Obama has stopped wearing his wedding ring and Michelle and he are hardly ever in the White House at the same time---if Michelle is there then Obama goes out golfing, and if Obama is there then Michelle suddenly has to be away to attend a week long conference on growing squash in Antibes, Southern France.

Why not? She feels the same way about America as her husband does.

Hillary didn't divorce Bill in spite of his sex addiction. Thats sets a certain standard for other women who are in dysfunctional political marriages.

If Michelle divorces Barrack, their marriage will appear to be even more dysfunctional then the Clinton's sham marriage, i.e. Michelle wouldn't measure up to the standard set by Hillary.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 08:21:41

Plantagenet wrote:
Subjectivist wrote:Why not? She feels the same way about America as her husband does.

Hillary didn't divorce Bill in spite of his sex addiction. Thats sets a certain standard for other women who are in dysfunctional political marriages.

If Michelle divorces Barrack, their marriage will appear to be even more dysfunctional then the Clinton's sham marriage, i.e. Michelle wouldn't measure up to the standard set by Hillary.

People certainly got over Reagan's divorce easily enough, are you trying to say Michelle is not as good as Reagan? Besides which, if Michelle runs and gets the nomination I doubt she would rush out and file for divorce as a result. Poor people who divorce are often unable to be comfortable in the presence of their spouse, but for wealthier people that is not an issue, they can afford separate living arrangements that might or might not be known to the general public.

In any case Michelle has a legal degree and experience running large departments before her husbands political career took off. She is an effective public speaker and is well liked in media circles. She also has over a decade as a spouse of a politicians which requires rather more skill than people give credit for.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 08:43:18

Funny enough she might just be a lot better than her husband. She seems a fair bit smarter, I bet she beats him at chess. Probably not so tending to be so flippant with killing people while playing golf.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 19:24:13

It just makes me Smile to think of Michelle nomination and the catatonic cataclysmic state it would induce on the republican clown car cavalcade.

I think I would vote for her just to piss them off.

I like it Tanda :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 19:45:41

People certainly got over Reagan's divorce easily enough, are you trying to say Michelle is not as good as Reagan?

Nancy Reagan never ran for president. Hopefully Michelle will follow that precedent.

In any case Michelle has a legal degree and experience running large departments before her husbands political career took off. She is an effective public speaker and is well liked in media circles. She also has over a decade as a spouse of a politicians which requires rather more skill than people give credit for.

Not everyone who has a law degree and has worked in a law firm is considered a viable presidential candidate. Obviously the only reason Ds are talking about Michelle being President or Hillary being president is that they are wives of former Presidents.

I must say the whole idea that some Ds think Hillary or Michelle should be president just because they were married to former presidents just creeps me out. The real test of this idea will be whether or not Michelle runs to be Senator from Illinois in 2016 when Obama can use the power of the presidency to help her, as Bill Clinton did when his wife ran for a NY Senate seat at the end of Bill's term.

Will Michelle be bustin' some moves towards being president? Watch the 2016 Illinois senate race.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 03:10:50

You know seriously here guys, if Michelle were inclined to run and if she were more popular.. she actually could, constitutionally.

Right now our likely next president is the wife of a former two term president, the Clintons were already there for eight full years and she was in the Obama administration too.

Then we've got generations of Bushes, lined up.

Wives running.. we have to watch this stuff or we'll turn into Argentina or some such.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Timo » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 14:36:24

Seriously, people! Does anyone project much with regards to the alleged marital status of the Obamas? This thread is about as useful as standing in line at the grocery store reading headlines of the National Enquirer!
Timo

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 14:58:31

Timo wrote:Seriously, people! Does anyone project much with regards to the alleged marital status of the Obamas? This thread is about as useful as standing in line at the grocery store reading headlines of the National Enquirer!

Fair enough. So how about qualifications? Like experience, for example?

In my mind, being a lawyer and pushing for better nutrition interests for kids are nice things but they are NOT the kinds of experiences that qualify someone to be POTUS. Let her, say, serve as a congressman or at least as a mayor of a large city, so we can see how well she does in office. THEN it might be time to talk about her as a presidential candidate.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Timo » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 22:42:12

OS, I think you understood my point. NQ. The tangent down Marital Lane was obnoxious and insulting to people who recognize and appreciate the concept of rational thought when discussing Person X or Person Y as a candidate for POTUS, or any office, for that matter. What I thought was a rational discussion quickly went asinine with speculation and projections about the Obama's personal affairs. Quite juvenile.
Timo

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 22:55:13

Timo wrote:OS, I think you understood my point. NQ. The tangent down Marital Lane was obnoxious and insulting to people who recognize and appreciate the concept of rational thought when discussing Person X or Person Y as a candidate for POTUS, or any office, for that matter. What I thought was a rational discussion quickly went asinine with speculation and projections about the Obama's personal affairs. Quite juvenile.

What do you think of the idea itself, not the divorce/unhappy marriage speculation? I think there are a lot of people that would rather see Michelle Obama as the first Woman President than Hillary Clinton, but YMMV.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to North America Discussion