Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Looking at your old posts

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Looking at your old posts

Unread postby Grifter » Sun 30 Aug 2015, 01:27:25

Hi, you may or may not find this interesting.

I've had a massively long break from PO.com and just thought I'd pop in while waiting to go somewhere early today (like it was about 3am here when I arrived lol).

Have any of you looked at your old posts? Anyone who's been on here longer than a year say? I read a few of mine, felt a bit embarrassed to be honest, still feel like slow decline is more likely than fast crash but I was obviously so emotional back then! This is (or was) a bit like a therapy board, at least for me.

Thanks guys.
Grifter
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Looking at your old posts

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 30 Aug 2015, 03:01:47

FWIW, fast crashes have take place in various countries, with most poor countries experiencing something like a slow crash for decades.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GoghGoner » Sun 30 Aug 2015, 08:28:12

Yeah, I feel the same about old posts, Drifter. It is amazing how much I have changed. I used to get emotional about AGW when reading denialist posts. I guess I should go back and find the turning point...
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 30 Aug 2015, 21:50:42

You mean when I said that the worst economic crash since the Great Depression was coming? Not that, but, yes, I am embarrassed about some things. When the Gulf oil spill was going full throttle I said some stuff which was not my usual measured style. I do wish I could take some of that back. I became entirely too doomerish. Even though I used to rant about the coming crash, I am not that much of a doomer, actually.

I talked about the crash because I could see it coming, but I never thought it was the end. I always hoped that discussing it beforehand would give us a chance to put the pieces back together in a better fashion. I wanted to understand the forces, like greed, that I saw around me. and how much they were a part of human nature. Since then I've been pointing the finger all around, rather than at the usual conspiracy theory suspects, and nobody seems to notice. I wonder if it (all) was in vain?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion